Home

Shading inside outside etc

This is a discussion on Shading inside outside etc within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2017, 05:38 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Shading inside outside etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
What does playing over the top/underneath do when in man coverage?

Does shading inside/outside affect safeties in deep zones?
1) Nothing. It only effects certain zone assignments (not 100% sure on which ones). After selecting over the top or underneath, you can physically see what zone assignments have changed but (sometimes none, sometimes a couple - depending on the play). For example, I know if someone has that purple zone about 10 yards deep towards the sideline and you select underneath, you'll see that assignment change to light blue and covering the flat. That's one I know for sure.

2) Not that I've seen. I've seen my CB's physically change their positioning to shade inside/outside, but haven't noticed a change with my safeties.

Last edited by TheWood56; 10-18-2017 at 05:47 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:49 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach KO
Actually, that is good question. How does the shading impact zone defense? I keep getting beat in the deep middle third. I dont do the shading and I vary my play calls.

I am playing H2H online. Not against the computer.
Shading won't help that. Only cover 3 will where you've got a defender playing deep centerfield.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:11 AM   #19
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by noIRLstrats
Unless anyone can confirm shading works out of practice mode because so far I haven't seen a single evidence that default shades out of man work as you might think it should. It's either all patchwork and nothing truly works as intended (lazy design) or devs intentionally gimp it for noobs and top competitive cheese players. Cheese is more fun and easier to learn I guess. This is what happens when no competition in the industry. Sucks.
Is it reversed?
Old 10-18-2017, 10:34 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
Is it reversed?
I don't think it's reversed. There have been times where I've been killed with slants. When I've guessed correctly and shaded inside, my CB's have been in much better position and forced the incompletion. Likewise I've shaded inside in preparation, and they've ran a corner route instead and gained multiple steps of separation for a big completion. This is in game not practice though, which seems to be tuned much differently.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:21 PM   #21
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
Think its backwards.....to stop the slant, shade outside.
Maybe im wrong shouldn't it be inside to stop the slant??
Go to practice mode & chek it out

btw: i hit triangle shade outside for all my DB's and coverage is alot better
I have been considering the possibility that shading is backwards. When I shade outside or inside, the defender does change position to show they are inside or outside, but the results seem to be opposite: so if I shade outside I get better cover on slants and inside routes and vice-versa.

This on AP in Play Now as well as in MUT on all levels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 01:53 PM   #22
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
I don't think it's reversed. There have been times where I've been killed with slants. When I've guessed correctly and shaded inside, my CB's have been in much better position and forced the incompletion. Likewise I've shaded inside in preparation, and they've ran a corner route instead and gained multiple steps of separation for a big completion. This is in game not practice though, which seems to be tuned much differently.
Cover 2-man is shaded inside as default, same as cover 1-man is shaded outside. These are real-life football strategies and no need to re-shade. A good play call should create leverage no matter the stats, only timing should dictate from a QB read a completion and if too late good WRs should get out of the leverage quicker.

Information and playcalling are the core fundamentals of football and they work just as predicted IF playcalling is on point in real-life as it should in Madden. This is just as fun as it is relying on cheese plays and I don't understand why Tiburon fail to understand this. I blame patchworks on legacy code. ...imo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »