Home

Old 09-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Let's talk coach schemes

Curious to know if any guys really scheme and look for certain guys for your scheme. I think it's a very sim way to approach the game. I get the most out of creating the Xs and Os of my schemes and going out and trying to execute them faithfully online and offline.

For me, offensively I'm committed to running an all 12 shotgun scheme basing out of the Wing Flex Offset. It's centered around a Mobile Qb. Almost any HB can work, but Empty Ace Patriot is my only 5 Wide Set because I can maintain the integrity of the scheme , so if you don't have a back who is comfortable running routes and catching passes, you can also find one and spell him in. What makes this offense go is the 2 TEs however. They MUST be able to BLOCK. Blocking first, receiving second. This enables me to have a number advantage at the point of attack almost always, and can do massive damage in the run game as well as PA game. In the event I dont have the advantage In the box, my WRs must be guys that can beat you deep to keep a defense on its toes. I want to run the ball almost 75% of the time from different 12 groupings in shotgun.

Defensively I want run a dominant 4-3 base out of the normal. A base that I can stay in the entire game. I want the entire DLine run stopping, and a fast LB core to to match up to multiple WR sets and a MLB who can cover ground, and help in the run game. My LBs are protected to move around freely against the run.. and they are the heart of my defense because done right, with the right players, they never leave the field. Behind the front 7 i base in qtrs coverage and adjust from that scheme according to wat the offense does. The back 4 (CBs and Safeties) and DLine can really be plug and play guys. As long as they do they job. The LBs are your biggest need.

Sorry for the length. Things like this just make the game worthwhile IMO

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk

Last edited by DSonTL; 09-06-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 03:10 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Let's talk coach schemes

On offense I run a semi spread. I like to spread the field and run whenever it is advantageous. My guards have to be abel to move and my tackles need to be strong. I like a burn wr and a big wr with great cit and spc that can jump. I am mostly in 11 personnel. However, I do and little bit of everything. I have Christian mcaferry as my rb aND he is good running and receiving. I hardly ever run my qb.

Defensively I run a cover three 4-3 with quite a bit of cover one man press mixed in. I run a lot of base against 3 wr sets in the first half or close games on 1st against 2nd downs but only use zone in those situations. I run nickel normal, double a gap and wide nine and dime normal in dime situations. These allow me to keep my 4 down linemen in the game. They are all 4 pass rushers. My mlb is the most important position. He has to have and lot of athleticism and be able to pay the run and pass. My olb' are balanced guys that can tackle and play zone. My safeties can cover a lot of ground play zone and can tackle. My corners I like balanced between man and zone.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #3
Rookie

I do try to draft players that fit what I like to run, especially if it's my fantasy draft franchise. I'll take all young players who will develop, but have the skill set that I'm looking for.

Offense - accurate short/mid QB with some mobility, power RB, fast backup RB, blocking FB, fast WR who can catch the ball, pass catching TE, pass blocking T that has solid run blocking, run blocking G that has solid pass blocking, and well balanced C

Defense - space eating DT, pass rushing DE, fast LB, man coverage DB, zone coverage S

Kicking - kick power

Returns - fastest guy I can get, doesn't matter if his overall is a 60

As far as schemes:
Offense: I like to run a lot of singleback, 3 WR unless I am eating the clock then I'll roll with I-Form or Strong-I.

Defense: Base 4-3, but I mostly run nickel and will usually blitz a LB.

Last edited by Iceman9214387; 09-06-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:02 PM   #4
Banned

Maybe it's the NCAA in me.. but I just cant play under center. I love the spread offense. My first exposure to it was Pat White and Steve Slaton with Rich Rod. It's kinda hard to implement a true spread on Madden but I still try to stay true to a few principles.

Old 09-06-2017, 05:56 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSonTL
Maybe it's the NCAA in me.. but I just cant play under center. I love the spread offense. My first exposure to it was Pat White and Steve Slaton with Rich Rod. It's kinda hard to implement a true spread on Madden but I still try to stay true to a few principles.

If you are on xbox I have my offense uploaded. It's called spreadish. Would enjoy some feedback on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
If you are on xbox I have my offense uploaded. It's called spreadish. Would enjoy some feedback on it.
Man I'm on PS4. Break it down for me how you have things set up

Old 09-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #7
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSonTL
Curious to know if any guys really scheme and look for certain guys for your scheme. I think it's a very sim way to approach the game. I get the most out of creating the Xs and Os of my schemes and going out and trying to execute them faithfully online and offline.

For me, offensively I'm committed to running an all 12 shotgun scheme basing out of the Wing Flex Offset. It's centered around a Mobile Qb. Almost any HB can work, but Empty Ace Patriot is my only 5 Wide Set because I can maintain the integrity of the scheme , so if you don't have a back who is comfortable running routes and catching passes, you can also find one and spell him in. What makes this offense go is the 2 TEs however. They MUST be able to BLOCK. Blocking first, receiving second. This enables me to have a number advantage at the point of attack almost always, and can do massive damage in the run game as well as PA game. In the event I dont have the advantage In the box, my WRs must be guys that can beat you deep to keep a defense on its toes. I want to run the ball almost 75% of the time from different 12 groupings in shotgun.

Defensively I want run a dominant 4-3 base out of the normal. A base that I can stay in the entire game. I want the entire DLine run stopping, and a fast LB core to to match up to multiple WR sets and a MLB who can cover ground, and help in the run game. My LBs are protected to move around freely against the run.. and they are the heart of my defense because done right, with the right players, they never leave the field. Behind the front 7 i base in qtrs coverage and adjust from that scheme according to wat the offense does. The back 4 (CBs and Safeties) and DLine can really be plug and play guys. As long as they do they job. The LBs are your biggest need.

Sorry for the length. Things like this just make the game worthwhile IMO

Which 4-3 formation do you base out of? Stack?

I've been favoring basing out of 4-3 Under with my MLB and ROLB being cover guys with some speed and my LOLB being more of a 3-4 Pass Rusher. The LOLB being well rounded is more valuable to me than a pure pass rusher from the position.

On the DL I want a 3-4 DE at DT1 and LE and a NT at DT2. At RE I want the best pure pass rusher I can find. At the other positions I want strong block shedders.

For my corners I prefer guys that are better in man, but they can't be terrible in zone. At the safety spot I like guys that are balanced between man and zone and have some speed. Once I have guys who fit that mold at safety I work on building their pursuit, play rec and awareness.

I like to stay in my base defense unless forced out of it, with the exception of 3rd and long I'll go Nickel or Dime depending on the offensive personnel.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:31 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
Which 4-3 formation do you base out of? Stack?

I've been favoring basing out of 4-3 Under with my MLB and ROLB being cover guys with some speed and my LOLB being more of a 3-4 Pass Rusher. The LOLB being well rounded is more valuable to me than a pure pass rusher from the position.

On the DL I want a 3-4 DE at DT1 and LE and a NT at DT2. At RE I want the best pure pass rusher I can find. At the other positions I want strong block shedders.

For my corners I prefer guys that are better in man, but they can't be terrible in zone. At the safety spot I like guys that are balanced between man and zone and have some speed. Once I have guys who fit that mold at safety I work on building their pursuit, play rec and awareness.

I like to stay in my base defense unless forced out of it, with the exception of 3rd and long I'll go Nickel or Dime depending on the offensive personnel.
Yea I base out of the normal aka the stack. I LOVE the 43 under but because we really cant assign strong and weakside players it kills it for me. So I base out of the 43 normal because I don't have to worry about my linebackers having a specific specialty. The only true LB is the MLB. He has to be a jack of all trades. My OLB are basically hybrid SS and OLBs. My LBs make the most adjustments because I base out of QTRs coverage

Last edited by DSonTL; 09-06-2017 at 08:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »