Better communication from Devs - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Better communication from Devs

This is a discussion on Better communication from Devs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 09-07-2017, 09:25 AM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Better communication from Devs

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I personally hope Rex and team stop the 'we are making a sim football game...as true to life as what you see on the field on Sunday." Paraphrased of course. Because they are not.

That is not the direction marketing and upper management wants them to go in apparently. Proof is in the pudding. The game is getting closer and closer to full arcade mode and development and patches are 90% about head to head/online play. That crowd gets catered to and changes are made to the code that actually get farther away from Sim football...and/or what we see on tv.

If they were honest about their intent, focus, and go forward plan, I don't think people would be so up in arms. However, when a yearly release hits and it is blatantly obvious that previous issues that were "fixed" have reared their head again, and some of the most obvious and blatant issues on the field do not get fixed, then I understand why there is such an uproar.

Honesty is the best policy. I don't want to hear that Rex is fighting for this against the tide. Let's just recognize that he will lose that battle, as he did this year, and perhaps they can be more honest in their approach for next year.

C
From my short time experience with the game this year, I disagree.

One can have a sim experience with Madden 18 and tailor it to your needs.

After the patch, the game is real good right now and I can't wait for the 30 day patch,
Old 09-07-2017, 10:48 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

If the developers are receiving death threats then I wouldn't blame them if they stopped communicating with the public entirely. Heck, if I was a Madden dev I would probably ask EA to keep my name withheld from the game credits. That is insane and frankly alarming.

Anyone who works in the software industry knows that developers can only work on what they are authorized to work on. I'm sure they didn't want to release the game with these AI issues but it is what it is. Unfortunately they get the attacks from the public because they are on the front lines. It's like complaining to the server about food prices being too high. The suits at the top are the ones to blame.

Last edited by vrtkolman; 09-07-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:57 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

After the patch, the game is real good right now and I can't wait for the 30 day patch,
I disagree. I think the game took steps backwards at release and post patch. I should not be seeing some of the things I am like lack of sideline awareness which has been reported for years now. Also, QB AI is definitely still a huge issue...whether you see statue QBs or not. I think everyone would admit the QB AI has not got better, and perhaps appears worse in this iteration.

It does seem like each year the game alternates with making the offense OP one year, and then the next year the defense. The def surely took that hit this year.

Everyone's mileage seems to vary...but in my opinion, this is a very poor showing and offering from EA..pre and post patch.

C

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I disagree. I think the game took steps backwards at release and post patch. I should not be seeing some of the things I am like lack of sideline awareness which has been reported for years now. Also, QB AI is definitely still a huge issue...whether you see statue QBs or not. I think everyone would admit the QB AI has not got better, and perhaps appears worse in this iteration.

It does seem like each year the game alternates with making the offense OP one year, and then the next year the defense. The def surely took that hit this year.

Everyone's mileage seems to vary...but in my opinion, this is a very poor showing and offering from EA..pre and post patch.

C
Yep, will agree, need to agree to disagree at this point.

Post patch, they fixed what they said they patched and there is better pocket awareness, zones are tighter too.

The defense is playing well after the patch.

Armor & Sword twitched streamed a game and is back on the Madden wagon after the patch.

To each their own.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:27 PM   #13
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I 100% agree with you, after the patch (and with some of the tweaks mentioned by our excellent slider forum), my gameplay has been unreal. My first game post-patch was a nail biting 20-19 win over the Colts in which both quarterbacks finished under 70% passing (60 and 65%).

There are still plenty of things that need to be patched (like sim XPs) but this is a positive first step. EA promised us a quick patch and we got one. It makes me even more excited to see what they do with the first big patch that usually comes end of September.

Last edited by Sheba2011; 09-07-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:03 PM   #14
Pro

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I 100% agree with you, after the patch (and with some of the tweaks mentioned by our excellent slider forum), my gameplay has been unreal. My first game post-patch was a nail biting 20-19 win over the Colts in which both quarterbacks finished under 70% passing (60 and 65%).

There are still plenty of things that need to be patched (like sim XPs) but this is a positive first step. EA promised us a quick patch and we got one. It makes me even more excited to see what they do with the first big patch that usually comes end of September.
People have mentioned that they experience sim XP's being taken from the 35 too, so if they fix that and maybe bump overall field goal % just a tad, i think that issue is completely fixed.

http://i.imgur.com/VCklOeM.png
Old 09-11-2017, 10:31 PM   #15
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3

I am glad people are having fun with the game. I am in armor's streams often and I trust his word the game is better and you can still have fun playing, he has also said this is the last year he is buying madden unless they fix some of the major issues. I just compare it to the other sports games I play (MLB and 2k) and franchise mode for madden have been lifeless unless you are in a 32 team controlled league. AI doesn't seem to be improving year to year or even trying to improve, I just want them to push to try to change the way madden "feels" madden is the game I get every year and instantly pick it up and know how everything will feel and work...no learning curve...they constantly add features and take them away and add new ones but never really build on things. I don't "hate" madden devs or anything they do their job and want to have a good game but to me in my own opinion they are falling short way short

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #16
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Not sure if mentioned but I just heard about this madden developer getting killed back in June. R.i.p. Crazy people out there
https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/19/15...n-murder-ocala

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »