Better communication from Devs - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Better communication from Devs

This is a discussion on Better communication from Devs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 09-12-2017, 05:37 AM   #17
Rookie

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Better communication from Devs

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
From my short time experience with the game this year, I disagree.

One can have a sim experience with Madden 18 and tailor it to your needs.

After the patch, the game is real good right now and I can't wait for the 30 day patch,
The fact that you can 'tailor' the game to give you a SIM experience is entirely different to EA making a SIMULATION football game. The mistake they made is sticking with last years gameplay as their base SIM option when it needed far more adjustments in order to provide that experience out of the box. Last year would have been far better as the competitive experience.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 09-12-2017 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:27 AM   #18
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

Long time franchise players suffer from Stockholm syndrome.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2017, 07:38 AM   #19
Just started!

Everyone is eligible for a refund under the EA Games Manufacturers Warranty. The game defected. Only way they are going to listen is if you hit them in the wallet.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:04 PM   #20
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefundMyMadden
Everyone is eligible for a refund under the EA Games Manufacturers Warranty. The game defected. Only way they are going to listen is if you hit them in the wallet.
No, you are not. Here is EA's actual warranty:

Electronic Arts warrants to the original purchaser of this product that the recording medium on which the software program(s) are recorded (the “Recording Medium”) and the documentation that is included with this product (the “Manual”) are free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase. If the Recording Medium or the Manual is found to be defective within 90 days from the date of purchase, Electronic Arts agrees to replace the Recording Medium or Manual free of charge upon receipt of the Recording Medium or Manual at its service center, postage paid, with proof of purchase. This warranty is limited to the Recording Medium containing the software program and the Manual that were originally provided by Electronic Arts. This warranty shall not be applicable and shall be void if, in the judgment of Electronic Arts, the defect has arisen through abuse, mistreatment or neglect.

In other words, it only applies to the actual game disc being damaged.

You can only get a refund for not liking the game if you bought it directly from EA Origin and that has its own limitations:

You can make a refund request:

Within 24 hours of first launching the game.
Within seven days from the day you bought it, if you have not launched the game.
Within seven days from the release date if you pre-ordered the game, if you have not launched the game.
Whichever comes first.

If you buy a new EA game within 30 days of its release date and can’t play it due to problems outside of your control - like server issues, bugs, or other technical problems that are on our side—you can request a refund within 72 hours after you first launch the game instead of 24.

If you bought it from Best Buy, Amazon, Gamestop etc you are subject to their return policy.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:56 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
The fact that you can 'tailor' the game to give you a SIM experience is entirely different to EA making a SIMULATION football game. The mistake they made is sticking with last years gameplay as their base SIM option when it needed far more adjustments in order to provide that experience out of the box. Last year would have been far better as the competitive experience.
Actually, I can tailor any sports game to my needs.

There isn't a sports game out there that I play out of the box experiences with.

Last edited by roadman; 09-12-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 10:40 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, I can tailor any sports game to my needs.

There isn't a sports game out there that I play out of the box experiences with.
I agree to an extent.
However, I do NOT have to turn sliders inside out to get the other games to start to resemble the sport they're mimicking.
I've seen the slider threads, and the amount of tweaking sliders and now even accelerated clock just to make the game passable is NOT ACCEPTABLE in this day and age.
Madden is most definitely the farthest from playable lot of the box of the major sports games year after year.
This is not "tweaking" anymore...it's trying to fix what EA won't.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
I agree to an extent.
However, I do NOT have to turn sliders inside out to get the other games to start to resemble the sport they're mimicking.
I've seen the slider threads, and the amount of tweaking sliders and now even accelerated clock just to make the game passable is NOT ACCEPTABLE in this day and age.
Madden is most definitely the farthest from playable lot of the box of the major sports games year after year.
This is not "tweaking" anymore...it's trying to fix what EA won't.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
To each their own.

I tried messing with NBA2k for 2 to 3 months last year and finally threw in the towel and gave up and traded it in.

Same things happens in the other sport games sliders threads.

Currently, Madden is playing the way I get enjoyment out of sports game. That could change with the next patch, like 2k did with NBA2K.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »