Home

Can We Please Get a Wind Toggle

This is a discussion on Can We Please Get a Wind Toggle within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2017, 10:43 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Can We Please Get a Wind Toggle

Not just the wind. The rainy games have absurd effects as well. Accuracy and catching goes to crap and your lineman can't block. Turnovers feel like they're doubled.

There used to be a toggle for weather effects. I believe the settings were normal, extreme, light, and off iirc. Give us a toggle EA!
Old 09-12-2017, 03:09 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 0

Like other people have said the wind has to big of a affect. Like 10 MPH wind in this game affects the ball on kicks like the wind is more like 80 MPH lol. The good news though is normally the wind is only strong when playing in the snow/wind.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:02 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Like other people have said the wind has to big of a affect. Like 10 MPH wind in this game affects the ball on kicks like the wind is more like 80 MPH lol. The good news though is normally the wind is only strong when playing in the snow/wind.
Almost every game I've played had wind. If you're lucky it's blowing sideways
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 04:11 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

It is inexcusable. Completely agree with the poster saying EA's attention to detail is atrocious.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:23 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
It is inexcusable. Completely agree with the poster saying EA's attention to detail is atrocious.
I wouod go further. At this point the wind affects, especially in punting are either incompetence or a lack of respect for their customers.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:52 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
in one quarter you can bang 80 yard punts in the air, and then in the next, you can't punt more than 30 yards.
This x 1000. (I logged a bug for it in the bugs thread btw.)

And it seems without fail that the wind must be blowing straight down the field in every game, because every game it's like this. So frustrating. Not to mention that there is STILL no easy way to see which way the wind is blowing at any given time.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:09 PM   #15
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Know what I'd prefer more than wind that effects more than just the kicking game?

How about a wind meter on the play calling screen prior to picking a punt or FG play. Can't tell you how many timeouts I've burned when I go to line up for a long FG attempt on the edge of my kickers range only to get on field then see the wind is against you and then know you're not going to make the kick, so you burn a timeout to either change to a punt, or go for it. A simple wind direction arrow on the playcall screen along with the wind strength would be such a great, and long overdue addition. Coaches can make that decision with their kicker based on wind in the stadium at the time of the playcall... why can't I?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Know what I'd prefer more than wind that effects more than just the kicking game?

How about a wind meter on the play calling screen prior to picking a punt or FG play. Can't tell you how many timeouts I've burned when I go to line up for a long FG attempt on the edge of my kickers range only to get on field then see the wind is against you and then know you're not going to make the kick, so you burn a timeout to either change to a punt, or go for it. A simple wind direction arrow on the playcall screen along with the wind strength would be such a great, and long overdue addition. Coaches can make that decision with their kicker based on wind in the stadium at the time of the playcall... why can't I?

How about the fact that when I'm picking which side of the field I want to defend.

I can't tell which way the winds blowing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »