Home

Another CFM rant

This is a discussion on Another CFM rant within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2017, 09:23 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Another CFM rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
If there is one area where EA is king when it comes to football videos games... it's lowering expectations.

FWIW, I decided 3 years ago to NEVER buy a new copy of Madden again. They dont deserve my money and they dont deserve another sale on record due to me buying it. So what I do each year is I wait a couple weeks and buy a used copy. It is surprisingly (maybe not too surprising) easy to find a used copy each year, just 2-3 weeks after release.

I figured it takes a month or more before they put a decent patch out anyways, and I never would play my "official" franchise for a month +... I thought to myself "why am I buying this new each year? I buy it new and it just sits there while I wait for them to patch the glitches."

And sure enough, this weekend I found a used PS4 Pro copy available at my local Gamestop. I called them, they held it for me, and I drove over and scooped it up. I got have the game slightly cheaper this year, and since it is a 3rd party sale EA gets no money from my sale, and no additional "release day" sale on record.

Buy used people! Hurt them with your wallet!

You can still play the game... just buy used!

While it may hurt them a bit to buy used, you can only buy used because someone bought new. Not everyone can buy used or there would be no used copies to buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 10:18 PM   #26
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascs13
Just Integrate micro transactions into franchise and superstar mode. I'd hate it, but maybe then they'd actually put effort into it... Because MUT is deep and its been around fewer years than franchise mode. How is that possible? why?... Because that's where the money is....

I can see it now ......
Madden Ultimate Superstar mode: create superstar upgrade packs and other bs to play online MUT Squads blah blah blah..

All New Franchise: build team by paying for scouting reports, coaching traits blah blah blah ...

We all know its coming.. Micro-Transactions will be in every game mode
Now, dont get me wrong, you ARE correct, 100%. If it was my game I would want to milk it for every dime I could get. However, no, thats not the way it needs to go. I already pay $47.99 (thanks to best buy's game pass FYI) and quite frankly cant afford to spend more. Not to get too personal, but I have 5 mouths to feed and that equates to more hours I would need to work, thus less time to play...there would be no point in buying it if I would need to buy all this extra stuff.

As an outsider looking in, it stinks, and there is no other way to look at it. When I fired up my trial of 18, my 10 year old asked why I was still playing 17? As said by others, its a carbon copy of 17 with a few tweaks here, and there, a "draft board" and a graphic upgrade. The gameplay is solid IMO, love playing it and play a game a day to get in my fix.

With that being said, I will evaluate my purchase next year. I know many have said it, but I did indeed stop buying madden for 3 years because of the lack of upgrades and I have no problem with sticking with 18 next year and using OS Sports for a roster upgrade.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

I would like to see an old feature return where you could integrate online play with your existing franchise. So if my next game is against the rams I could have a random person play as the rams and apply the results. I don't have dedicated time to do an official league.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:58 PM   #28
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Offball injuries are meaningless to me until Madden has a roster spot for all 53 players.

I roll my eyes so hard everytime I hear a developer say something to the effect of "We aren't going to add something half heartedly"...

Franchise mode itself is a half-hearted project.
Can I ask what you mean by "-until- Madden has a roster spot for all 53 players"?
Old 09-12-2017, 09:24 AM   #29
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

EA should consider getting Sergio Dipp in the game as a broadcaster or sideline reporter. It would bring new life to the game and CFM

http://deadspin.com/sergio-dipp-is-h...ght-1803767222

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/0...orite-reporter
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-12-2017, 10:19 AM   #30
Rookie

In response to the OP that the game "looks great"...

YES, from a general graphical point of view.

NO, a thousand times, from a football player point of view. Everyone looks the same (body types), everyone moves the same (animations), and pre-snap everyone stands the same (stances, etc.). Even punters have jacked up guns. It's utterly ridiculous.

The game simply lacks personality.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »