Home

CFM Newbie looking for advice on Qtr length and settings

This is a discussion on CFM Newbie looking for advice on Qtr length and settings within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2017, 07:56 AM   #1
Rookie

Zmurkz's Arena

OVR: 0
CFM Newbie looking for advice on Qtr length and settings

Hi.

Can anyone help me out with some basic questions for Madden 18 CFM? I'm very new to the mode and while I'm pretty average at Madden I'm looking to try and get as close as I can to realistic game stats.

What would be the best QTR length to get realistic game stats? Passes attempted, runs attempted etc. I tried a 6 minutes game with 20 second clock run off and was way off base. Is 15 min QTR length the only real option here? I don't have a huge amount of time to play but I can bump if up that high if it's necessary.

The other question is most likely a dumb one, but I ran with pre existing injuries on and everyone in the league is set to a 29 week injury. Am I missing something here? Why are they all the same length throughout the league?

Final question. If I get fired as a coach can I pick up with another team from where I am? Or do I have to start all over?

I appreciate any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2017, 08:07 AM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: CFM Newbie looking for advice on Qtr length and settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmurkz
Hi.

Can anyone help me out with some basic questions for Madden 18 CFM? I'm very new to the mode and while I'm pretty average at Madden I'm looking to try and get as close as I can to realistic game stats.

What would be the best QTR length to get realistic game stats? Passes attempted, runs attempted etc. I tried a 6 minutes game with 20 second clock run off and was way off base. Is 15 min QTR length the only real option here? I don't have a huge amount of time to play but I can bump if up that high if it's necessary.

The other question is most likely a dumb one, but I ran with pre existing injuries on and everyone in the league is set to a 29 week injury. Am I missing something here? Why are they all the same length throughout the league?

Final question. If I get fired as a coach can I pick up with another team from where I am? Or do I have to start all over?

I appreciate any help.
I play my CFM games at 12 minutes (play clock running off to 20). It gives me pretty close to the 60 plays per team per game of the real NFL. Might be just a few plays short, as sometimes one team will have, say, 66 while the other 54. But it's the closest I have seen.

As for injuries, whatever that number says it's always for the year, but I haven't noticed what you describe.

And as for being fired, I don't know as I haven't been fired in Madden in a long time, but I suspect you either have to wait for a coach vacancy or create a new coach (you may have to take over a new team, transfer admin powers, then go back to your old team and retire that coach, then create another coach for that team, transfer admin powers back, then retire your temporary coach from the other team).

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 09-10-2017 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:12 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmurkz
Hi.

I appreciate any help.
1) i play 8 minute quarters and it gets me the right amount of plays. I play at a fast pace without many adjustments. The consensus here is that 9 minute quarters with no runoff is right.

2) the preexisting injury problem seems lime a glitch. Try restarting another franchise.

3) if you get fired you may or may not get offered another job.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
Rookie

Zmurkz's Arena

Thanks, appreciate the answers and info from both of you.

Might as well ask one other question. As a newbie to madden CFM (I play all-pro, but may knock it down to Pro as I'm quite bad). What would be a good team fit for me?

I picked the Giants as they seemed good but not terrible or amazing..If you think another team would be a better fit I'd be happy to hear which one.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:55 AM   #5
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I play 9 minutes,acc.clock off.

You could play as the Titans. Decent chance to win their division this year and they're an up and coming team with a good young qb.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »