Home

Better communication from Devs

This is a discussion on Better communication from Devs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2017, 04:29 PM   #1
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3
Better communication from Devs

By now we all know the problems that are in the game. It is fair games have problems, As much as the CPU QB AI issues was talk about last year you think it would of been on the list for must fix. I would think extensive testing would of been done on the issues. Even then I don't know they didn't do extensive testing and the CPU QB AI issues could of been high on the list. After playing 3 games of madden and watching 3 games of my friend playing (on releases day) I could tell two things, AI QB play was worst then madden 17 and zone coverage players were not aware of the players entering their zone. They acknowledge the problem and said they are looking into it that it might be an traits issues. Okay that is fine, but if it took me all of a couple of hours to see this so they had to know these two problems existed. The reason I mention these problems is because it is easy to see other issues might be hard to find. To get these problems to tigger all you have to do is play a game against the CPU. I am not calling for a perfect game just let me know what I am buying. Come out and say before release, "QB play isn't where we want it and we are looking into it here are the issues" I know what you guys will say, "why would they, that would hurt sell" People that play head2head mostly would not care as much. 2k admitted they took a step back last year. 2k dev blogs are very in-depth at least you know what they are trying to implement. Same goes with SDS they have long streams of devs talking playing and taking question on streams...multiple. I think more than anything people just want to know what they are getting when the spend their money and madden devs fall short on the communication side of things. If you read this post you will see I never said the game was bad it or it sucks or anything negative beside the issues they have admitted too. My thing is "we are looking into the issues" is not a good enough response. Game making isn't easy (full sail student with a lot of game development students as friends) I understand that. Just be honest and fair...you will make your money either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 05:24 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Better communication from Devs

I like and agree with a lot of what you said, but I think the Developers were as transparent as they could be.

Not once did I read in one of the blogs before the game came out CPU QB AI was worked on or fixed. On can assume from there that was something they didn't get around to.

We hear from them that priority, timing and resources dictate where the next game is going. It could have been the 1st 2 on that list for the above issue.

I do recall Rex apologizing in an interview a few years ago for making CFM unplayable on launch.

I just think they don't come out and say, we will fix this issue as soon as we can" because with their legacy coding, they don't know when fix x, a will become broken.

Rex has played about 3 streams open to the public since the game came out.

Good post.

Edit- Just found out on Twitter that one of the Developers is receiving death threats via DM on Twitter. Nothing has changed over the past decade, here or Twitter. That's just nuts.

Last edited by roadman; 09-06-2017 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Stop giving them your money, that is clear communication. That's really what it is all about at the end of the day. If enough people wake up, they will be left with no other choice but to improve.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascs13
Stop giving them your money, that is clear communication. That's really what it is all about at the end of the day. If enough people wake up, they will be left with no other choice but to improve.
Agreed. This year I didn't buy Madden, and from what I've heard post-patch, I probably won't, even 2nd hand. EA is only going to fix anything if sales drop enough to hurt them.
However, sending death threats over the development of a ****ing VIDEO GAME???? Are you serious?
Wow, but I guess we shouldn't be surprised, since "little Timmy" has become one of their focus demographics.
I'm as pissed off and disappointed as anybody, maybe more. But the level of immaturity and stupidity has reached a new level if this is how people react over a video game. Just shocking to me.
Grow up.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2017, 12:39 AM   #5
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Death threats...how incredibly wacko can a person get? Some of these knuckleheads need to get out a bit more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #6
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascs13
I'm in 100% agreement. It annoys when people trash Madden, but yet continue to shell out $60 each season. That's not even including what was spent on MUT.

This year was the last straw for me. When they announced they didn't touch Franchise mode, that is when they lost my money.

Sure, my $60 means nothing to them. However if more people held Madden accountable with their wallets, I promise you, we should start seeing change.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

I personally hope Rex and team stop the 'we are making a sim football game...as true to life as what you see on the field on Sunday." Paraphrased of course. Because they are not.

That is not the direction marketing and upper management wants them to go in apparently. Proof is in the pudding. The game is getting closer and closer to full arcade mode and development and patches are 90% about head to head/online play. That crowd gets catered to and changes are made to the code that actually get farther away from Sim football...and/or what we see on tv.

If they were honest about their intent, focus, and go forward plan, I don't think people would be so up in arms. However, when a yearly release hits and it is blatantly obvious that previous issues that were "fixed" have reared their head again, and some of the most obvious and blatant issues on the field do not get fixed, then I understand why there is such an uproar.

Honesty is the best policy. I don't want to hear that Rex is fighting for this against the tide. Let's just recognize that he will lose that battle, as he did this year, and perhaps they can be more honest in their approach for next year.

C
Old 09-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #8
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I get what you're saying- in an ideal world we would have all the information.

At the same time, the Madden devs communicate with the community WAY more than any other game I've seen. Once Fifa is released, that studio goes completely dark and you barely even get post-launch patches that aren't MUT-specific.

I have a lot of issues with the game as it is right now, but the devs communication with us is still really good. They don't have to communicate at all and the fact that they do so often should be appreciated more than bashed because it isn't perfect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »