Home

Problems rushing!

This is a discussion on Problems rushing! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2017, 08:31 PM   #1
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

OVR: 0
Problems rushing!

I am having so many issues rushing in Madden 18. I'm a vet of the game series who's taken a number of years off, and even with HUMAN blocking at 70 (on all madden) I find the line collapses a lot. I still manage decent yards per carry, but on the goal line or inside the opponent 5, every time I hand off it's literally like the other team is in my back field as I'm already handing off.

Help a vet who took time off learn to run in this new gen!

(not having a lot of issues anywhere else in game, kicking throwing D etc)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #2
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Problems rushing!

I found it extremely hard to run the ball this year and passing is even worse, way too many interceptions. Also if you play 1P VS 2P the sliders you made in the options menu only work on one controller while the other controller has default sliders. Wish they would finally fix this and bring back the rewind button.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

There is one person here (Charter04) who makes a slider set for All-Madden, and I believe he has Human Run Blocking all the way up to 90.

You should check his sliders out.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:14 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Having no issues running the ball over here. Admittedly I play as strong running teams (Cowboys and Titans). You have to know how your blocks are setting up this year on a per-concept basis, and you have to follow your blocks. The days of just sprinting to the outside to run the ball are by-and-large over.

Two things I have found helpful in specific to M18: I now use the higher-angle camera during run plays, which is two steps back from the default and one further back from the "classic" Madden camera. This helps me see how blocks are developing downfield easier. I'm also sprinting behind the line of scrimmage far less, especially on outside zone run plays which are the bread and butter of my rushing offense.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:14 PM   #5
Rookie

Cm Hooe is correct in knowing how your blocking set's up o your plays. And don't hit sprint right away and follow your blocks. I play with the rams online currently 13-5 and run all over my opponent's. Are you having issues in h2h or vs the cpu?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 05:28 PM   #6
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Having no issues running the ball over here. Admittedly I play as strong running teams (Cowboys and Titans). You have to know how your blocks are setting up this year on a per-concept basis, and you have to follow your blocks. The days of just sprinting to the outside to run the ball are by-and-large over.

Two things I have found helpful in specific to M18: I now use the higher-angle camera during run plays, which is two steps back from the default and one further back from the "classic" Madden camera. This helps me see how blocks are developing downfield easier. I'm also sprinting behind the line of scrimmage far less, especially on outside zone run plays which are the bread and butter of my rushing offense.
Excellent advice - I would like to add - play around with ID the Mike.. It can turn a poor run play into a good play. This includes also ID'ing a DL player, so just don't focus on a LB.

On sweep i'll even ID a CB.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesci
Cm Hooe is correct in knowing how your blocking set's up o your plays. And don't hit sprint right away and follow your blocks. I play with the rams online currently 13-5 and run all over my opponent's. Are you having issues in h2h or vs the cpu?
I stay away from the sprint button all together until I'm in to the secondary, otherwise the second I hit it no matter how big the hole is guys come off blocks and tackle me
Old 09-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #8
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

If you sprint behind the line of scrimmage the defenders will instashed blocks and tackle you every time.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »