Madden's future of CFM is alarming - Page 10 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 09-12-2017, 05:02 PM   #73
XML Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
Mike Young needs to head up Franchise Mode. I believe it'll remain lifeless until that happens. Listening to his interview on the Press Row Podcast just confirms to me that this is what needs to happen.
Mike Young is the Creative Director of Madden. He looks over all aspects of the game. This all happened under his watch.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 09-12-2017, 05:23 PM   #74
MVP

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I agree with this post Verts. I would love Madden to be an every other year release but they won't do this because of the capital to be gained through MUT every year. Also, the online and competitive community won't want this either.

Also, even if the devs and designers don't really care about the money, the suits do and they won't do an every other year release to have more time to implement the offline CFM features and the gameplay features we want.
If they did decide to do an every other year release, would you be willing to pay something along the lines of $30 for a season's worth of roster updates in the year they aren't making it? That would be a pretty low cost way of them generating revenue in an off year
Old 09-12-2017, 05:36 PM   #75
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Mike Young is the Creative Director of Madden. He looks over all aspects of the game. This all happened under his watch.
Not according to what he was saying in the interview. He might be a Creative Director, but he says he was "taken off Franchise Mode," and that if he were still there today, it would like be very different.

Last edited by Lexicon; 09-12-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #76
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
If they did decide to do an every other year release, would you be willing to pay something along the lines of $30 for a season's worth of roster updates in the year they aren't making it? That would be a pretty low cost way of them generating revenue in an off year
Probably not. But I would pay over $100 if they added robust features to CFM on the year they released. This is of course if they also fixed the CPU AI issues.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:38 PM   #77
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

They shouldn't release every other year. They should release only when they release a new engine. Then make the game a subscription service that you charge $50-60 a year to play (they could have monthly subscriptions as well).

I like the games as services model for sports games anways. Why do designers have to basically re-make the same game every year. Seems like a wasted effort. Just continue patching things and improve it that way, continue with roster updates, etc. There would never be a release date. Just patches that continue to add content to the game and continuously improve the game.

I'd happily pay a subscription fee. I buy the game every year anyways.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:49 PM   #78
MVP

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
They shouldn't release every other year. They should release only when they release a new engine. Then make the game a subscription service that you charge $50-60 a year to play (they could have monthly subscriptions as well).

I like the games as services model for sports games anways. Why do designers have to basically re-make the same game every year. Seems like a wasted effort. Just continue patching things and improve it that way, continue with roster updates, etc. There would never be a release date. Just patches that continue to add content to the game and continuously improve the game.

I'd happily pay a subscription fee. I buy the game every year anyways.
I like the idea, but I feel like releasing a game every year has more sizzle to it from a marketing standpoint
Old 09-12-2017, 07:19 PM   #79
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

i agree with 99 of these posts

maybe the best thing going foward wouild be online cfm only with offline season mode as i think EA the suits does not want madden to be too good or why buy the game every year

offline season mode wouild be like what madden was before madden 1999

this way if EA turn off their severs yearly like what 2k and mlb does they can make us buy the game for yearly update

i kinda like a every 2 year model with just a roster update in between and what u couild do is 2 choies rosters with just new vets on teams 19.99 rosters with rookies 39.99 or rosters with rookies and 500 extra CAP Slots 79'99 oh i foget the rosters wouild also have the Sch with them

Last edited by jerwoods; 09-12-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #80
XML Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

With all the old code in this game and the high rate of turnover at EA probably makes it 100x harder to get things done efficiently as well.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »