Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #121
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I'm not commenting on Live because the info I have on that is limited. I am simply stating the "road map" laid out by crimson of doom and gloom isn't something I have heard from people on the inside. Maybe he has better connections then me, but from what I hear they are optimistic about resource allocation heading in to 19. That can all change when they hit the "big decision" meetings here soon.
I certainly hope that what you've been told is the direction that CFM is going. With that said the last time I questioned Crimson was when he said that EA's NCAA Football series was in trouble about a year or so before it was canceled and sadly we see how that turned out.

I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #122
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
It has never been about online versus offline. It is about solo players versus league play in many senses though. They have dumbed franchise down to make it easier for league play and have not done anything for solo players in years. That is why they largely ignore ai issues. In their opinion we should be happy they haven't taken it out altogether.

I agree to a certain extent but I think it's more of the casual vs. hardcore than anything. A lot of the stuff that affects solo users is also stuff that will annoy leagues. I'm sure many leagues don't like the fact that you can sign franchise QB's for so much less than market value especially so with the amount of additional cap space most teams are provided with. I'm sure a lot of leagues would appreciate authentic practice squad rules and other things along those lines. I know online leagues have to hate the fact that anybody can just snipe FA's at the last second because of how that system works.

But the thing that holds all of that back is EA's complete reluctance to add that kind of stuff out of fear of scaring away the casual user. On top of that most casual users don't know or care about those kind of things. They don't know Matt Stafford got $50 million for writing his name on a piece of paper or that Kirk Cousins is making $24 million this year so when they both consistently take 4-year deals for around $65 million, they don't care. They like the fact you can trade for or sign whoever you want. CFM is, and likely will continue to be, built around the most extreme casual type of user. It's the path they've been on for the last several years and I doubt it's going to change anytime soon.

The first question that is going to be asked with regard to any feature being implemented into CFM is going to be "can a 12-year old comprehend and understand this?" and if the answer is no then that feature is either going to be completely dumbed down to the point where they can or it's not going to be included or even considered at all.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #123
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Unhappy Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
While I like your intentions in making a detailed write up, it is without a doubt, a huge waste of time.
They've known for YEARS exactly what we want...they simply choose to dictate to us what THEY think is important. Surprisingly, their vision revolves around those modes that'll keep the cash cow getting milked. So, unless you're a competitive or MUT player, you're irrelevant to EA now.
I remember a few weeks ago one of their devs asked people to make a detailed, specifically formatted write up of what we want. It's a ****ing joke...what next, the list should be written on the skin of a South American virgin using the urine of a Buddhist monk?
It's all just another in a line of ways to make some of us still believe they're listening and it's absolute garbage.
They're going to make the Madden THEY want to make, and find new ways to blow smoke up our asses so at least a few people get roped and hyped into believing and buying just ONE MORE TIME.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Yeah man, deep down I feel the same way... but I'm not buying so I wanted to at least try and get my 2c out there. Maybe if people like my ideas then some will be implemented if franchise gets some real love one year. Can only hope for the best, but I don't expect it.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 09-13-2017, 04:58 PM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The first question that is going to be asked with regard to any feature being implemented into CFM is going to be "can a 12-year old comprehend and understand this?" and if the answer is no then that feature is either going to be completely dumbed down to the point where they can or it's not going to be included or even considered at all.

RIP RFAs.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:10 PM   #125
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

12 year olds are not playing franchise they are playing MUT.

In 2005 when Madden had arguably its best franchise mode.....it was not because 13 year olds were playing it. Hell I was 35...lol.

Today the twenty something demographic is not like we were when we were the twenty something demographic.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA 2K22

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-13-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 06:11 PM   #126
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Or even 30 something demographic for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA 2K22

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-13-2017, 06:26 PM   #127
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
W/O a deep and immersive franchise mode, gameplay means absolutely nothing to me. The real answer is both, not one or the other.
Exactly, you can have perfect gameplay but if the only mode I care about isn't a vast improvement on the stale repetition of what it was last year and before, then I'm left playing PlayNow games for 12 months.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:08 PM   #128
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

My current theory is the the rise of fantasy football destroyed the interest in franchise modes by the hardcore users. There is still a contingent of die-hards, but we are now in an age when twenty and thirty-somethings view football primarily via their fantasy teams.

Because while it makes some people feel better to say the 12-year-olds are playing MUT, its is almost exclusively college age and thirty-something dudes playing. It is the same people that used to want Madden and sports games for franchise mode, but now see MUT as more fun way to play with their favorite players.

But you know, I'm sure if CFM players continue posting condescendingly about MUT players being little kids that EA will step right up and cater next year's game to full on sim franchise play.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »