Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2017, 11:29 PM   #9
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Not sure how NBA Live's franchise mode, which is presumably being built from scratch under really aggressive time constraints due to the turmoil that game has been through over the past decade, is relevant at all to the future of Madden's franchise mode, which is an infinitely more mature and stable, if imperfect, feature.
Chris, most other reviewers I wouldn't think much of it but Pasta is about as unbiased as you can get and I trust him. If the franchise mode was built from scratch then I have even more reason to worry man. Just from 2 paragraphs in the review it doesn't look to be very good.

If the same dev is coming back to Madden to work on CFM, it's worrisome.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:13 AM   #10
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by csward
It shows what EA thinks of franchise mode - it doesn't generate any sales.
This is the cold, hard truth right here, and I fear things will get worse before they get better. I could go into a long-drawn-out post about out; I'll keep it simple instead. From a corporate standpoint, it doesn't make a lot sense for EA to prioritize CFM.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:36 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
This is the cold, hard truth right here, and I fear things will get worse before they get better. I could go into a long-drawn-out post about out; I'll keep it simple instead. From a corporate standpoint, it doesn't make a lot sense for EA to prioritize CFM.
I feel like they under value what a good franchise mode can do for a game. I don't watch NBA at all and I don't even think I could name five current players in the league, but I still bought last year's 2K game entirely because of the franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 12:38 AM   #12
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Why would they even do it in weeks? Was there nothing that could be ported from the previous sim engine they were using? Didn't 16 use a normal calendar?
Old 09-12-2017, 01:08 AM   #13
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

they want you to buy their game every year; a really good franchise mode may increase the probability of consumers to skip a year (or even more)
Old 09-12-2017, 01:20 AM   #14
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

A franchise mode modeled after CFM is a mess?

This is so shocking. So unexpected. I never could have seen this coming.

Hopefully this is just another step closer to them abandoning what they're doing and actually taking franchise modes seriously. These last few months haven't been a good look for it so hopefully it's been enough to result in change. Even then though there have been such huge problems with getting what little the mode has to function properly that it could very well nullify any changes that are made.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:31 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SincerelYourz
they want you to buy their game every year; a really good franchise mode may increase the probability of consumers to skip a year (or even more)
Not if they add new enticing features every year. I took Madden 18 back after it was apparent they hadn't really touched anything or tuned anything major. If they had added a couple of new features I would have been far more inclined to buy it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 01:50 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SincerelYourz
Don't necessary agree, CFM players heavily complain about the game every year but play the game way too often to truly entertain the idea of just skipping a year. Small things like new rookies and improved commentary are poor improvements to be sure but not having the best version of Madden isn't an option for 95% of the CFM guys. Ea knows this so CFM will get ignored year after year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »