Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2017, 03:37 PM   #169
MVP
 
Toupal's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2014
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL

I just chose to adapt to what Madden does great rather than spend every summer and fall whining about what it never was.
I think we can all appreciate when Madden does something great.

However, this thread is about CFM. And when Madden does nothing to improve CFM, there is nothing to adapt to.

I don't miss 2k for the game at all, I miss 2k for the competition it gave EA. We are witnesses to it right now in basketball. EA stripped away resources from Maddens' Franchise mode to compete, because they lose nothing by doing that. Madden has NO competition, and with no competition we are stuck moving at the mind numbingly slow pace that we are currently going at.

People are pissed about the current state of Maddens' franchise mode. So much so that there are numerous threads regarding it just from this year alone.

There are people who are content with the way CFM is right now, and that is fine. But there are people who want more than what we have slowly been getting spoon fed. If you are happy with it, then you cannot empathize with those that aren't, and you really can't blame them for wanting to get their voices heard.

People want hold EA accountable for what franchise mode has become, and we are going to continue to see the "whinners" every single iteration of Madden until they address the elephant in the room that is neglecting franchise mode for other features.
Toupal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #170
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2009
Smile Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeteegardner
not surprising they don't even test it.. its really ashame... I have no hope for Madden. I just wish we all could have someone else try and make a NFL game. it doesn't have to be 2k. anyone...lol... EA Sports has really become a crappy brand. If it wasn't for Battlefield where would EA be?
Madden and Battlefield are not EA's money makers what keeps EA at float is ...now your going to laugh but do some research and you will see what brings in the most money to EA ...that's right The sims series...no other EA game in EA's History has sold more games then The Sim's...
zoguloth22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #171
Speak it into existence
 
jeremym480's Arena
 
OVR: 39
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Prairieville, LA
Posts: 18,284
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
2k has micro transactions in their Franchise/GM mode.
2K's franchise mode (MyLeague) doesn't require any microtransactions and never has since its inception in 2K15.

Quote:
The first question is the question everyone is wondering, will virtual currency play any role in MyLEAGUE?

VC doesn’t play any part in this mode, except that you can earn VC as games are played. MyLEAGUE was created specifically for members in our community that wanted a way to spend their time playing the game at its core.
http://forums.operationsports.com/fe...gue-interview/

Before MyLeague, there was Association Mode which also did not have any microtransactions. There was one year, NBA 2K14 (the jump to next-gen), where there was no Association or MyLeague mode, only MyGm and it did have microtransactions. Although, you could easily upgrade your GM by playing games. Madden doesn't really have a mode similar to MyGm so there's no real comparison there.
__________________
My 2K17 Boston Celtics MyLeague

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
jeremym480 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 04:04 PM   #172
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2011
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
2K's franchise mode (MyLeague) doesn't require any microtransactions and never has since its inception in 2K15.



http://forums.operationsports.com/fe...gue-interview/

Before MyLeague, there was Association Mode which also did not have any microtransactions. There was one year, NBA 2K14 (the jump to next-gen), where there was no Association or MyLeague mode, only MyGm and it did have microtransactions. Although, you could easily upgrade your GM by playing games. Madden doesn't really have a mode similar to MyGm so there's no real comparison there.
I assumed myleague was same setup as MyGm where you can use VC to influence contracts and morale of players. I don't play much 2k other than I do MyGM because of the immersion of it. I could easily see them working in some things with a VC like micro transaction. Do it for things like stadium upgrades and relocation advanced options. Maybe do it for uniform customization or more options. Add it for hiring historical coaches. There are places where a currency that can be earned in game, but can be bought to make it easier would be possible inside the current CFM structure without being pay 2 win.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter @T4Verts
T4VERTS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:09 PM   #173
The Lama
 
Armor and Sword's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Parkland, Florida
Posts: 17,845
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I think we can all appreciate when Madden does something great.



However, this thread is about CFM. And when Madden does nothing to improve CFM, there is nothing to adapt to.



I don't miss 2k for the game at all, I miss 2k for the competition it gave EA. We are witnesses to it right now in basketball. EA stripped away resources from Maddens' Franchise mode to compete, because they lose nothing by doing that. Madden has NO competition, and with no competition we are stuck moving at the mind numbingly slow pace that we are currently going at.



People are pissed about the current state of Maddens' franchise mode. So much so that there are numerous threads regarding it just from this year alone.



There are people who are content with the way CFM is right now, and that is fine. But there are people who want more than what we have slowly been getting spoon fed. If you are happy with it, then you cannot empathize with those that aren't, and you really can't blame them for wanting to get their voices heard.



People want hold EA accountable for what franchise mode has become, and we are going to continue to see the "whinners" every single iteration of Madden until they address the elephant in the room that is neglecting franchise mode for other features.


You are lumping in and making broad stroke assumptions that people who purchase and find ways to enjoy the game are content.

You could not be farther from the truth.

And the fact that we decide to purchase the game and find ways to adapt and enjoy what is an average offline franchise mode does not make us content.

And no we are not part of the problem. We probably make up 1-2% of the units sold.

So speaking for myself I am dealing in mathematical reality. I am part of a small needle in a haystack of Madden customers.

So I have a choice.

1) purchase the game and play it and decide for myself can I enjoy this and if so great, but I will communicate with the Dev team and hopefully with many of us we can get some features and changes implemented and improved upon.

2) just sit and bitch every year about how pathetic the game is, not play what is a pretty decent game (despite its warts plays better than any console football game besides NCAA 14 ever) and keep telling people don't buy it because if you do they will never fix/change/upgrade.

#2 is BS because despite what many on this thread say, they have drastically improved CFM from Madden 13

Madden 13 was unplayable. A pure POS.


In fact IMO Madden 2006-2013 on the PS3 were abominations.

Up for debate is Madden 12.

Yeah Franchise made a drastic improvement but the game play was terrible. Just terrible compared to its PS2 counterparts.

And the franchise mode on PS2 was far better to it.

So yeah Connected Franchise made many improvements and brought back features that were inexcusably stripped from the PS3 versions of this franchise.


Starting with Madden 25 the game play and franchise mode drastically improved on everything that was released on PS3

I know its vouge to bash EA here, but let's give some credit to Clint and Rex. They really improved Maddens gameplay and made for many of us Franchise mode playable.

But we have a few holdouts that will have none of that. And that's fine.

But don't lump me or many others in as content.

We just go about communication with the development team in a much different manner than bitching 24/7 on a message board.

I don't mind discussing what's wrong. But I also can't stand people who have agendas and refuse to acknowledge all that actually is right and working in the mode and what can be worked on and improved.

This whole tear it all down mentality will get us no where.







Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
__________________
Now Playing:
MLB The Show 20
Madden 22
NBA 2K22


Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-14-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Armor and Sword is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:24 PM   #174
MVP
 
Toupal's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2014
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
You are lumping in and making broad stroke assumptions that people who purchase and find ways to enjoy the game are content.

You could not be farther from the truth.

And the fact that we decide to purchase the game and find ways to adapt and enjoy what is an average offline franchise mode does not make us content.

And no we are not part of the problem. We probably make up 1-2% of the units sold.

So speaking for myself I am dealing in mathematical reality. I am part of a small needle in a haystack of Madden customers.

So I have a choice.

1) purchase the game and play it and decide for myself can I enjoy this and if so great, but I will communicate with the Dev team and hopefully with many of us we can get some features and changes implemented and improved upon.

2) just sit and bitch every year about how pathetic the game is, not play what is a pretty decent game (despite its warts plays better than any console football game besides NCAA 14 ever) and keep telling people don't buy it because if you do they will never fix/change/upgrade.

#2 is BS because despite what many on this thread say, they have drastically improved CFM from Madden 13

Madden 13 was unplayable. A pure POS.


In fact IMO Madden 2006-2013 on the PS3 were abominations.

Up for debate is Madden 12.

Yeah Franchise made a drastic improvement but the game play was terrible. Just terrible compared to its PS2 counterparts.

And the franchise mode on PS2 was far better to it.

So yeah Connected Franchise made many improvements and brought back features that were inexcusably stripped from the PS3 versions of this franchise.


Starting with Madden 25 the game play and franchise mode drastically improved on everything that was released on PS3

I know its vouge to bash EA here, but let's give some credit to Clint and Rex. They really improved Maddens gameplay and made for many of us Franchise mode playable.

But we have a few holdouts that will have none of that. And that's fine.

But don't lump me or many others in as content.

We just go about communication with the development team in a much different manner than bitching 24/7 on a message board.

I don't mind discussing what's wrong. But I also can't stand people who have agendas and refuse to acknowledge all that actually is right and working in the mode and what can be worked on and improved.

This whole tear it all down mentality will get us no where.



Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Just to clear the air, I never once put you in as someone that is content. However, there are those few on here that love defending the mediocrity of franchise mode, and go through and give a "1 star rating" to any thread that is revolved around Maddens' short comings.

I will echo that Madden 13 was a POS and CCM killed what good momentum Madden 12 had.

I don't think tearing down what Madden has now is the answer, because every time Madden does tear down, it takes YEARS to get anywhere close to where we previously were.

When are still paying for the jump from Gen 2 to Gen 3 consoles, just like we are still paying for the scraping of franchise mode for CCM.

Madden needs to build upon what it currently has for franchise mode, and when they do nothing to it from Madden 17 to 18, you can expect a lot of outrage.

I will continue to beat the drum for CFM until Madden makes real progress with this mode. I think Clint and Rex are some of the good guys there at EA, and at the end of the day, those are the kind of guys who go to bat for us when it comes to implementing new features.
Toupal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:28 PM   #175
The Lama
 
Armor and Sword's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Parkland, Florida
Posts: 17,845
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Just to clear the air, I never once put you in as someone that is content. However, there are those few on here that love defending the mediocrity of franchise mode, and go through and give a "1 star rating" to any thread that is revolved around Maddens' short comings.

I will echo that Madden 13 was a POS and CCM killed what good momentum Madden 12 had.

I don't think tearing down what Madden has now is the answer, because every time Madden does tear down, it takes YEARS to get anywhere close to where we previously were.

When are still paying for the jump from Gen 2 to Gen 3 consoles, just like we are still paying for the scraping of franchise mode for CCM.

Madden needs to build upon what it currently has for franchise mode, and when they do nothing to it from Madden 17 to 18, you can expect a lot of outrage.

I will continue to beat the drum for CFM until Madden makes real progress with this mode. I think Clint and Rex are some of the good guys there at EA, and at the end of the day, those are the kind of guys who go to bat for us when it comes to implementing new features.
Good to hear. I think between Deuce's post on CFM and the blueprint he laid out, coupled with concise and honest feedback, maybe just maybe Franchise Mode can get the type of immersive features we want so badly.

Let's hope.
__________________
Now Playing:
MLB The Show 20
Madden 22
NBA 2K22


Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Armor and Sword is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 04:49 PM   #176
Pro
 
triplechin's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

A&S, I disagree that the mode is decent or playable or something, but could not agree more about AI. If I am not challenged by the CPU on gameday, my roster building is a moot point. If I can put a 56 OVR 97 speed WR out on Richard Sherman and score 3 TDs, I'm not going to be satisfied. Some people find "passable" work arounds by playing with the sliders for 100s of hours and creating a 3rd string QB every game, but I am not about that. We should be able to be challenged on All-Pro, and All-Madden, in intellectually stimulating (football is a chess match) ways, as well as standard gameplay ways.
__________________
51 & 55

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
triplechin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 PM.

Top -