Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-14-2017, 04:56 PM   #177
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Good to hear. I think between Deuce's post on CFM and the blueprint he laid out, coupled with concise and honest feedback, maybe just maybe Franchise Mode can get the type of immersive features we want so badly.

Let's hope.
I just spent 20 minutes talking with someone at EA about the need to add the 46 man active game day roster to minimize, and to some extent counter act, the increase in injuries now. If everyone had to designate 46 for game day guys won't feel like their 5 injuries put them at AS BIG of a disadvantage to someone who has a full 53 at his disposal.

They are receptive it all comes to budgeting and allocating time to these projects. They do want the immersion that we all want though.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:29 PM   #178
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I just spent 20 minutes talking with someone at EA about the need to add the 46 man active game day roster to minimize, and to some extent counter act, the increase in injuries now. If everyone had to designate 46 for game day guys won't feel like their 5 injuries put them at AS BIG of a disadvantage to someone who has a full 53 at his disposal.

They are receptive it all comes to budgeting and allocating time to these projects. They do want the immersion that we all want though.
46 man active roster would be an awesome little wrinkle to add in, and you wouldn't think it would require a ton of time. Honestly, I'm sure rebuilding franchise would be a big undertaking, but eliminating all the hot dog pricing BS and adding little things like this would go a long way.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:40 PM   #179
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
And the context of my statement was the increase in resources doesn't seem to have done much to improving the realism, depth and quality of madden. So what real effect does "increase in resources" really have except an increase in resources?

It gave us Longshot. A movie. With no replay-ability. Extra resources that they claim took 4 years in development. I'm not impressed.
What I question is HOW THE HELL did Longshot take FOUR YEARS to make??? Seriously? They must have the slowest, least proficient people working there is that is what we get after FOUR YEARS of work!!!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2017, 09:06 PM   #180
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

So I am in line here at GameStop as I type this picking up 2K18 with about 25 other people.

All they are talking about is MUT and MyTeam on 2K

Seriously.

They said what cards are you hoping to get and I said I play My League and use classic teams.

Silent stare.........

That is what's going on folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA 2K22

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-14-2017, 09:11 PM   #181
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
So I am in line here at GameStop as I type this picking up 2K18 with about 25 other people.

Seriously.

They said what cards are you hoping to get and I said I play My League and use classic teams.

Silent stare.........

Lol Sword, it's like you aren't even speaking their language.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 09:16 PM   #182
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

Seriously.

Silent stare.........

Sad, but true. I've felt like for several years now the offline franchise player and even the online franchise player has gotten kicked to the backseat for MUT players. Hell, I can't turn on my game without being bombarded with a pop up to try the new gimmick for a MUT pack or sign up for Twitch to get the next Legend card...

I know it's business and for the suits it's all about the bottom line since it's a basis for all of their tournaments and junk, but I feel shafted because I have ZERO interest in any of it. I just want the best tools available to build my franchise, to draft and develop players and offensive and defensive schemes.

PSN: Sixty5South
Old 09-14-2017, 09:32 PM   #183
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

EA owns the liscense, but why can't they make two games? Use the same engine, but make an online game revolving around MUT, and then release a franchise mode type game like NFL head coach, but where you can still play the games. Go all in on both, and charge $60 for both. Why keep trying to make a one size fits all game for both crowds?
Old 09-14-2017, 10:21 PM   #184
MVP

Quote:

Seriously.

Silent stare.........

And yet 2k is still serious about making a franchise mode. I appreciate that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »