Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2017, 06:57 AM   #273
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
Here's a solution to solving the AI play calling and QB mobility issues. It's not innovative because it was used years ago in NFL2k.

Remember 2k's VIP? Remember how you could play against somebody's VIP as if you were actually playing against them? It used their traits, their tendencies, a ton of data about how they actually played the game to inform the CPU of what plays to call and how they manipulated the control of their players.

A bit like Forza does with the Driveatar...

That would be great. If that was tracked and you could put those vip's into the coaching carousel.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:30 AM   #274
Pro

OVR: 4

I mean, I appreciate the effort some put in coming into the thread to explain the reasons *excuses* why CFM/Madden is where it is. That's cool.

It's also true that we're in a situation where it is a pre-requisite to understand that some things are the way they are and any future improvements to CFM will only be gradual, nothing groundbreaking, for whatever reason that may be. That's ok.

However, neither of those arguments has anything to do with the the title of the thread "Madden's future of CFM is alarming"...

The point is not how or why we are where we are with this Franchise (Madden/CFM), it is that there is no doubt that when it comes to CFM, where we're headed is uncertain at best and very alarming at worst.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:06 AM   #275
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
I dunno, but I find it really difficult to believe they took FOUR YEARS making Longshot. Good Lord, it's only a couple hours long, and most of it is just cutscenes. When they said it had taken so long to develop, my expectations were certainly a lot higher than what was put out.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Yeah so many good reviews of a movie with, in my opinion, terrible and boring mini games.

And that college football tease.

I dont like college football, I didnt go to college, I joined the Army. So I have no stake in any team.

But I do remember building up a player and then drafting him in madden.

Do that instead of Longshot. To Longshot was a huge waste of time, resources and creative direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 08:10 AM   #276
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
Here's a solution to solving the AI play calling and QB mobility issues. It's not innovative because it was used years ago in NFL2k.

Remember 2k's VIP? Remember how you could play against somebody's VIP as if you were actually playing against them? It used their traits, their tendencies, a ton of data about how they actually played the game to inform the CPU of what plays to call and how they manipulated the control of their players.

A bit like Forza does with the Driveatar...
Wont ever happen though. Thats 2K. I mean heck they wont even take the fix's we have here at OS for there playcalling and AI.

If they wont talk to there users who really care about the game, then they certainly are not going to take things from other game companies.

Especially because, as people ahve pointed out over and over again. 2K's NBA game has multiple modes that are just redicilously good, and improve on a yearly basis.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:39 AM   #277
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
I mean, I appreciate the effort some put in coming into the thread to explain the reasons *excuses* why CFM/Madden is where it is. That's cool.

It's also true that we're in a situation where it is a pre-requisite to understand that some things are the way they are and any future improvements to CFM will only be gradual, nothing groundbreaking, for whatever reason that may be. That's ok.

However, neither of those arguments has anything to do with the the title of the thread "Madden's future of CFM is alarming"...

The point is not how or why we are where we are with this Franchise (Madden/CFM), it is that there is no doubt that when it comes to CFM, where we're headed is uncertain at best and very alarming at worst.
Actually, I like to see all the cards on the table and having each person's opinion heard and people deciding how they want to process that information. If the mods haven't deleted any post, everything is ok, correct?

I think we all pretty much agree that CFM is pretty bare bones compared to other sports titles and it's alarming as we speak.

Now, all we can do is wait and see if the trend continues.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:41 AM   #278
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC

Especially because, as people ahve pointed out over and over again. 2K's NBA game has multiple modes that are just redicilously good, and improve on a yearly basis.
Actually, if you go into that forum, you will see there are plenty of people that are upset about the online/VC type of modes.

Offline seems like a great mode.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:43 AM   #279
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, I like to see all the cards on the table and having each person's opinion heard and people deciding how they want to process that information. If the mods haven't deleted any post, everything is ok, correct?

I think we all pretty much agree that CFM is pretty bare bones compared to other sports titles and it's alarming as we speak.

Now, all we can do is wait and see if the trend continues.
What is this in reference to?
People are allowed to give their opinions, and I have not discredited ANY of them.
EDIT: If you are referring to "*excuses*" as the point where I discredit opinions, then see: reasons/excuses are a matter of opinion/perspective; so putting it that way is not discrediting or attacking anyone. That was not the intention either.

My point was that opinions regarding how we got here are irrelevant to THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD in the sense that regardless of which opinion you have, the future of CFM is not bright unless you choose to believe a lot of self-fabricated if's.

Last edited by msdm27; 09-21-2017 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:59 AM   #280
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
What is this in reference to?
People are allowed to give their opinions, and I have not discredited ANY of them.
EDIT: If you are referring to "*excuses*" as the point where I discredit opinions, then see: reasons/excuses are a matter of opinion/perspective; so putting it that way is not discrediting or attacking anyone. That was not the intention either.

My point was that opinions regarding how we got here are irrelevant to THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD in the sense that regardless of which opinion you have, the future of CFM is not bright unless you choose to believe a lot of self-fabricated if's.
Whoa, never said you were attacking anyone, don't know how you came to that opinion.

I just have a different take than you do about anyone's opinion deemed irrelevant, even based on the thread title. How do we know how EA will respond?

If they respond favorably (yes, if) next year towards CFM, are those opinions still irrelevant to this thread?

Yeah, we can add up history, more focus on MUT, etc...., but still doesn't mean EA will turn a blind eye to CFM next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »