Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2017, 09:11 AM   #281
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Whoa, never said you were attacking anyone, don't know how you came to that opinion.

I just have a different take than you do about anyone's opinion deemed irrelevant, even based on the thread title. How do we know how EA will respond?

If they respond favorably (yes, if) next year towards CFM, are those opinions still irrelevant to this thread?

Yeah, we can add up history, more focus on MUT, etc...., but still doesn't mean EA will turn a blind eye to CFM next year.
I mean, yeah... There is a chance they will dedicate lots of focus to CFM next year and it will be "the deepest franchise mode ever with a complete overhaul".

Let's just agree that we have different threadsholds as to how much faith we put in EA.

And to answer your latter point, that is exactly the problem... WE DON'T KNOW HOW EA WILL RESPOND! Which in turn means the future of CFM is... uncertain at best.

The comment above is not a matter of opinion, it is a fact.

PS: Sorry if my EDIT on the previous post was too agressive/assuming. Didn't mean to
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 09:21 AM   #282
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
I mean, yeah... There is a chance they will dedicate lots of focus to CFM next year and it will be "the deepest franchise mode ever with a complete overhaul".

Let's just agree that we have different threadsholds as to how much faith we put in EA.

And to answer your latter point, that is exactly the problem... WE DON'T KNOW HOW EA WILL RESPOND! Which in turn means the future of CFM is... uncertain at best.

The comment above is not a matter of opinion, it is a fact.

PS: Sorry if my EDIT on the previous post was too agressive/assuming. Didn't mean to
Oh, lol, I wouldn't even go out on a limb and say complete overall.

It's all about expectations, aim high, shoot low.

If some people are looking at a complete overall in one year, prepare to be disappointed..
Old 09-21-2017, 09:29 AM   #283
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:

If some people are looking at a complete overall in one year, prepare to be disappointed..
That was in relation to EA's own description of their work on M17... and I think we can agree that even their perception of "overhaul" is sub-par at best, no? Which is the reason to be alarmed hehe (to take it full circle).
Old 09-21-2017, 09:54 AM   #284
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
That was in relation to EA's own description of their work on M17... and I think we can agree that even their perception of "overhaul" is sub-par at best, no? Which is the reason to be alarmed hehe (to take it full circle).
Yeah I read a few tweets a month back with Rex I think going on about how last year was franchise year, this year was game play year.

Yet, a month or so in and nothing at all has been done with Sim, Comp or Arcade modes lol
Old 09-21-2017, 10:16 AM   #285
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Yeah I read a few tweets a month back with Rex I think going on about how last year was franchise year, this year was game play year.

Yet, a month or so in and nothing at all has been done with Sim, Comp or Arcade modes lol
To be fair, I think they're now on a continuous development model that aims for updates beyond the 30 or 60 day mark, so while I agree that the critique of their lack of early tuning for specific game modes is legitimate because we've yet to see anything substantial, I'd also say that it's probably too early to indict EA on the charge of not developing these modes as promised.

Given what Rex said publicly about the ability to tune sim mode separately this year being a major boon for the sim community, I'd have to think he knows he'll get railed by the sim community all this year and at launch next year if he fails to deliver on that promise. I don't know how one could market future games to the sim community with a straight face if this promise were not followed through on. I'm sure they get that.

Something I hope they do is come meet the sim community where it's at--i.e., here on OS. I don't want to have be on Twitter nagging the devs incessantly in 140-character tweets. I'd like to see us present our ideas long-form, in threads like Deuce's or like this thread, and have the devs use these forums as a space for learning what the sim community wants for sim mode. I'm not saying that doesn't happen, but it seems to me that the work done here might not be reaching the intended audience because they're paying attention to other media used by different segments of their market.

That makes me sound like a Luddite crank, but oh well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 10:23 AM   #286
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
To be fair, I think they're now on a continuous development model that aims for updates beyond the 30 or 60 day mark, so while I agree that the critique of their lack of early tuning for specific game modes is legitimate because we've yet to see anything substantial, I'd also say that it's probably too early to indict EA on the charge of not developing these modes as promised.

Given what Rex said publicly about the ability to tune sim mode separately this year being a major boon for the sim community, I'd have to think he knows he'll get railed by the sim community all this year and at launch next year if he fails to deliver on that promise. I don't know how one could market future games to the sim community with a straight face if this promise were not followed through on. I'm sure they get that.

Something I hope they do is come meet the sim community where it's at--i.e., here on OS. I don't want to have be on Twitter nagging the devs incessantly in 140-character tweets. I'd like to see us present our ideas long-form, in threads like Deuce's or like this thread, and have the devs use these forums as a space for learning what the sim community wants for sim mode. I'm not saying that doesn't happen, but it seems to me that the work done here might not be reaching the intended audience because they're paying attention to other media used by different segments of their market.

First, good use of the term "Luddite Crank", had to look that up.

Second Im not inditing them, so much as saying they have added all this content for MUT, of course. But nothing to modify the different game types.

I suppose though there are SERIOUS problems with there AI as it stands. So maybe, just maybe there working on that. I hope and dream.

On the other point you made. I said it earlier and Ill say it again and again.

Sabo put out 32 playbooks for teams that LITERALLY fix the AI playcalling problem. Why has EA not reached out and bought his work, or asked for it, or something. Im 100% sure Sabo would be like YES TAKE IT.

Who knows. Probably just me dreaming though.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:28 AM   #287
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Expecting a complete overhaul EVER, is a recipe for total disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man

If they did it here it would have to be through intermediaries, because unfortunately too many here would not be able to act like reasonable adults during the exchanges.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:30 AM   #288
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
First, good use of the term "Luddite Crank", had to look that up.

Second Im not inditing them, so much as saying they have added all this content for MUT, of course. But nothing to modify the different game types.

I suppose though there are SERIOUS problems with there AI as it stands. So maybe, just maybe there working on that. I hope and dream.

On the other point you made. I said it earlier and Ill say it again and again.

Sabo put out 32 playbooks for teams that LITERALLY fix the AI playcalling problem. Why has EA not reached out and bought his work, or asked for it, or something. Im 100% sure Sabo would be like YES TAKE IT.

Who knows. Probably just me dreaming though.
Agreed, and I hear you. I've been doing yoga and meditation lately, and I was just trying to find the positive side .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »