Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-21-2017, 11:23 AM   #305
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Defending them by continuing to buy the game, and giving them PASSES year after year DOES greatly affect their decisions.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
The ONLY thing that determines any EA decision is $$$MONEY$$$.

How is EA supposed to know if anything is wrong with Madden if we keep on giving them money, and the people who critique the game or hold it to a higher standard in these forums are labeled as "naysayers"??

EA has come out with more excuses in the last 10 years than they have franchise features, and myself and many others in the community are sick of it.

We don't want excuses
We don't want short cuts
We don't want to hear "next year"
We don't want to look at other sports games ad say "Why do they have that and we don't?"

We want a franchise mode that has features from the PS2/ XBOX days
We want other games like 2K and The Show to be jealous of what Madden has
We want to have our voices heard, and see ideas from OS implemented

People aren't annoyed by the lack of results as much as they are annoyed by the lack of effort. EA put ZERO effort into franchise mode, and for that it is hard to justify that to the people who rest so heavily on franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 11:25 AM   #306
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
The ONLY thing that determines any EA decision is $$$MONEY$$$.

How is EA supposed to know if anything is wrong with Madden if we keep on giving them money, and the people who critique the game or hold it to a higher standard in these forums are labeled as "naysayers"??

EA has come out with more excuses in the last 10 years than they have franchise features, and myself and many others in the community are sick of it.

We don't want excuses
We don't want short cuts
We don't want to hear "next year"
We don't want to look at other sports games ad say "Why do they have that and we don't?"

We want a franchise mode that has features from the PS2/ XBOX days
We want other games like 2K and The Show to be jealous of what Madden has
We want to have our voices heard, and see ideas from OS implemented

People aren't annoyed by the lack of results as much as they are annoyed by the lack of effort. EA put ZERO effort into franchise mode, and for that it is hard to justify that to the people who rest so heavily on franchise mode.
Amen. Sadly, get ready to duck...they're gonna come after you. Lol

Old 09-21-2017, 11:26 AM   #307
MVP

OVR: 19

I'm enjoying CFM myself.

Taking an actual roster that has player ratings geared towards the modes structure, allows the other mechanisms to become of value.
- downside is I must edit 3,000 players myself to take the roster into it

I've Tweeted John about having a roster tailored for the mode vs taking H2H/MUT rated rosters not rated for it into the mode removes a lot of the CFM mechanisms purpose.

Take a roster that's in-line with generated players cleans a lot of issues up.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:28 AM   #308
MVP

Quickly, I apologize if I come off as defending EA to people here. I tend to have empathy for tech companies and the environment they operate out of based on my own career experiences. My point here isn't to make "excuses" what I am trying to do is frame things in context of what they are actually working in. Decisions aren't made in a vacuum and that is especially true at a multi billion dollar software company.

As I said in my last post they created this situation, they being EA. I simply try to point out the why to various situations. To some the why will always be an "excuse", and that is fine as once again that is their own doing, but the reality is you don't snap your fingers and get out of the current state of the game. We can harp on the past but we are here today in this current state. The point isn't to talk about what could have or should have been done in the past because it can't be changed. What we can do is have legitimate discussions about how we can move forward and what they can do in that process to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I have no financial stake in anything happening here, on my twitter, or in my videos. I am not a game changer, or someone invited down for community days. I am a guy who started out doing videos for a league and got lucky enough to snag an interview. From there I have been fortunate to fall into a few more interviews and have some conversations but the reality is I am still a Madden player like everyone else here. I am not scared to say bad things in hopes of losing relationships as some have hypothesized out loud, I have done that and sometimes heatedly but I choose to do that in private.

I want improvements, but gnashing my teeth and pounding my fist won't get it to where we all want it. I choose to take an optimistic approach of creating positive dialog in hopes that "honey will attack more than vinegar". I just wanted to clear some things up quickly, and at least give an explanation of my perspective on things.

Last edited by T4VERTS; 09-21-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:31 AM   #309
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I'm enjoying CFM myself.

Taking an actual roster that has player ratings geared towards the modes structure, allows the other mechanisms to become of value.

I've Tweeted John about having a roster tailored for the mode vs taking H2H/MUT rated rosters not rated for it into the mode removes a lot of the CFM mechanisms purpose.

Until you have to draft rookies. Unless you're going to edit every rookie for every off season draft.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:46 AM   #310
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I'm enjoying CFM myself.

How sad is it that the community has somehow found ways to "patch" Madden's broken elements, but this billion dollar company full of trained "professionals" can't fix it year after year after year.
That also shows just HOW LOW expectations have fallen over the years...people are now ecstatic when they can find ways to get the game to play relatively well. If this were any other game, it'd have died by now.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #311
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Quickly, I apologize if I come off as defending EA to people here. I tend to have empathy for tech companies and the environment they operate out of based on my own career experiences. My point here isn't to make "excuses" what I am trying to do is frame things in context of what they are actually working in. Decisions aren't made in a vacuum and that is especially true at a multi billion dollar software company.

As I said in my last post they created this situation, they being EA. I simply try to point out the why to various situations. To some the why will always be an "excuse", and that is fine as once again that is their own doing, but the reality is you don't snap your fingers and get out of the current state of the game. We can harp on the past but we are here today in this current state. The point isn't to talk about what could haveor should have been done in the past because it can't be changed. What we can do is have legitimate discussions about how we can move forward and what they can do in that process to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I have no financial stake in anything happening here, on my twitter, or in my videos. I am not a game changer, or someone invited down for community days. I am a guy who started out doing videos for a league and got lucky enough to snag an interview. From there I have been fortunate to fall into a few more interviews and have some conversations but the reality is I am still a Madden player like everyone else here. I am not scared to say bad things in hopes of losing relationships as some have hypothesized out loud, I have done that and sometimes heatedly but I choose to do that in private.

I want improvements, but gnashing my teeth and pounding my fist won't get it to where we all want it. I choose to take an optimistic approach of creating positive dialog in hopes that "honey will attack more than vinegar". I just wanted to clear some things up quickly, and at least give an explanation of my perspective on things.

Verts, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we all appreciate that you have access to EA and are gracious enough to pass their thoughts along to us. Seriously, thank you.

I completely agree that it's illogical to expect a major CFM overhaul in a single cycle. That's because of all of the (legitimate) reasons you included in your post. Collectively, we should temper our expectations, and hope for smaller amounts of significant improvements each year.

That being said, the part in bold is the main cause of most of the frustration around here, IMO. It's mostly about how we even got to this point on the first place, and this is based on two things:
1) Madden's CFM is lacking many features that other current sports games have
2) Madden is missing features that used to be in previous versions. (going back to PS2 era)
In the end, there's no legitimate reason either of these scenarios should exist. So when we're playing through CFM and get frustrated with it, IMO it's mostly predicated on these two things. And you're exactly right, EA put themselves in this mess.

Last edited by Other Guy; 09-21-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 11:52 AM   #312
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Until you have to draft rookies. Unless you're going to edit every rookie for every off season draft.
Rookie draft classes are the one thing that can make or break a madden franchise for me. Don't get me wrong.... glitches, lack of any NFL history, or lack of immersion are obvious flaws.

However, the draft (especially draft classes) are huge for the success of a long term franchise mode. Madden has worked on "perfecting" draft classes for the last few years, when IMO the EASIEST solution to this is give us the ability to customize our draft classes and share them!

Give us sliders to edit the quality/ quantity at certain positions
Give us the ability to edit everything about a player prior to the draft
Give us the ability to share/ download draft classes with each other, and for the sake of online communities, allow us to "randomize" player attributes from downloaded draft classes.

This would easily fix 99% of the issues with draft classes. But EA's definition of "custom" differs a lot more than anyone else's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »