Madden's future of CFM is alarming - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 09-12-2017, 07:32 AM   #25
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

I think our best hope, sadly, is that they find a way to monetize franchise mode that's popular. I detest microtransactions but that's quickly becoming the only language that publishers understand .

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2017, 07:55 AM   #26
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
If the bottom line is the one, single defining factor that influences the design and implementation of developing existing or implementing new features then they would update the rosters and throw out the same game every year.

We joke about Madden being just a roster update and at times it certainly feels like it is, but there's more influenceses than simply the bottom line imo.

But maybe I'm just being naive and hopeful for a future that no longer exists but what EA have added to the FIFA 18 franchise mode this year gives me some hope at least.
I don't disagree with what you're saying at all. They certainly do add just enough features each year to keep us coming back.

The point of my initial post (I should have stated this more plainly) is that the focus of Madden is going away from CFM, and is being shifted towards MUT.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:59 AM   #27
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Franchise mode has become a joke at EA....

This is why 2k will continue to mops the floors with EA's name. And this is why every year, people are going to mention NBA2k in the MADDEN and Live forums.

The NFL is just as much to blame for this mess. It is clear that 2k is superior in sports gaming, and yet they give the exclusive rights to a company that won "Worst Company of the Year" two years in a row.

The NFL and EA will do anything to get a quick buck, and if that means ruin consumer relations, then by all means!
Old 09-12-2017, 08:21 AM   #28
Pro

SteelD34KC's Arena

I dont think its alarming at all.

Its what we have been expecting, and seeing for years now.

This is the first year that Ive gotten into MUT, and its gotten really, really stale, really, really fast.

Literally I login to do some dailies and finish the gauntlet weekend challenges, and thats it.

Now, I like my MUT team, I think its cool I have a bunch of legends mixed with some of my favorite players in the current NFL. But man it can be a money sink, and most if not all of the challenges are a joke.

Literally go up 45 to 0 in the first half to run out the clock in the second.

And online? These children these days running the same defense over, and over, and over and over again. its not just boring, its insane. This is the future of there game?

This is the last year that Ill buy madden. And definitly the first, and last year Ill do MUT. Im getting to old to be duped by these people any longer.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:28 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
NBA Live was going to be canceled this year, and the only reason it is releasing at all is because they pooled their resources from other departments. The budget for NBA Live has been all but reduced to zero. It sells so poorly that it loses money year in and out.

They are already in the works to rebrand the franchise and release with the next wave of systems hitting the shelf.

As far as Madden goes, CFM will also be rebranded and the focus will shift more to the the ability to monetize "scenarios", like Longshot. The long term vision is to basically sell Madden as more of an episodic choose your own adventure and have your Create a Player basically play out across multiple years.

Unless something extremely drastic changes and there is clearance from well above a few peoples pay grade Madden will continue to actually regress in the franchise mode while all efforts are put in to place to monetize "episodic" content to generate a more long term revenue stream.
This isn't what I have heard out of EA at all from guys that are pretty candid in their takes on the current state of CFM and the future.

Check out our EA Developer interview series and more here
Old 09-12-2017, 08:31 AM   #30
Rookie

Every franchise mode for EA Sports sucks and is broken. MLB The Show's franchise mode needs an upgrade but its way better than Madden or NHL and of course NBA 2K is the prototype for what all sports games should be. Such a shame because at one time EA Sports was the far ahead of everyone.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:39 AM   #31
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite2sixman
Every franchise mode for EA Sports sucks and is broken. MLB The Show's franchise mode needs an upgrade but its way better than Madden or NHL and of course NBA 2K is the prototype for what all sports games should be. Such a shame because at one time EA Sports was the far ahead of everyone.
I can agree with that. The question is where did they go wrong? The NFL exclusive deal allowed for EA to become lazy. That laziness evolved over time, and now we are to the point where the did NOTHING to franchise mode.

I can't wait to see how the try to top that for Madden 19. Take features out maybe?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 08:39 AM   #32
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
This isn't what I have heard out of EA at all from guys that are pretty candid in their takes on the current state of CFM and the future.
But Verts, I was actually excited for Live this year considering how they pooled their resources to work on it's Franchise mode. Then I see this review from Pasta and am blown away. Now granted we haven't played it yet, but the review is very concerning.

If Live's franchise mode blew the doors off, then I could be like "ok I can have some hope for Madden's CFM because they know what they're doing", but I can't after reading this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »