Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-21-2017, 11:56 AM   #313
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
Verts, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we all appreciate that you have access to EA and are gracious enough to pass their thoughts along to us. Seriously, thank you.

I completely agree that it's illogical to expect a major CFM overhaul in a single cycle. That's because of all of the (legitimate) reasons you included in your post. Collectively, we should temper our expectations, and hope for smaller amounts of significant improvements each year.

That being said, the part in bold is the main cause of most of the frustration around here, IMO. It's mostly about how we even got to this point on the first place, and this is based on two things:
1) Madden's CFM is lacking many features that other current sports games have
2) Madden is missing features that used to be in previous versions. (going back to PS2 era)
In the end, there's no legitimate reason either of these scenarios should exist. So when we're playing through CFM and get frustrated with it, IMO it's mostly predicated on these two things. And you're exactly right, EA put themselves in this mess.
And THEY put the bullseye on their game when they bought the exclusive rights for the NFL.
I still remember distinctly them telling us how this was going to be GREAT for gamers.
They were going to be able to provide us with an outstanding game based on their unlimited access to all things NFL.
So, 13 years later, and where are we??
We have a much prettier game, but it lacks in almost every other way, and on many ways has even regressed.
So, excuse me when I call BS on any of their "reasons" for the mountain of problems they've created.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2017, 12:02 PM   #314
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
Verts, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we all appreciate that you have access to EA and are gracious enough to pass their thoughts along to us. Seriously, thank you.

I completely agree that it's illogical to expect a major CFM overhaul in a single cycle. That's because of all of the (legitimate) reasons you included in your post. Collectively, we should temper our expectations, and hope for smaller amounts of significant improvements each year.

That being said, the part in bold is the main cause of most of the frustration around here, IMO. It's mostly about how we even got to this point on the first place, and this is based on two things:
1) Madden's CFM is lacking many features that other current sports games have
2) Madden is missing features that used to be in previous versions. (going back to PS2 era)

In the end, there's no legitimate reason either of these scenarios should exist. So when we're playing through CFM and get frustrated with it, IMO it's mostly predicated on these two things. And you're exactly right, EA put themselves in this mess.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!!

I loved it when Clint came out and explained in detail why the Pro-Bowl was not playable. I am still annoyed that it is not playable, however I respect the hell out of his legitimate answer.

It is 2017... there is no reason anyone should be requesting features from a game that is 15 years old (an eternity in video game years). Could you imagine if people were still begging Apple to bring back features from the first iPhone???

Likewise with other games... I accept that some features don't cross-over to football. But things like custom draft classes, create a stadium, create a jersey, legitimate CPU AI, and many other features, it makes us ask why EA was awarded the exclusive NFL deal.

But in all seriousness, T4VERTS... you are a true friend to franchise mode and we thank you for what you have done.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:29 PM   #315
MVP

On the continous development model we have been being sold, i would say there is no such thing. If it did exist, probems fixed one year would not return the next. They break off next years game from the current game and any development for the current game is left out of next years game. Thus, we have the continuation of problems returning year after year. This shoud be basic stuff to manage for a video game company but we are given a product each year that has not benefited from the fixes to the previous version. At some point the incompetence word has to be used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 12:40 PM   #316
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
On the continous development model we have been being sold, i would say there is no such thing. If it did exist, probems fixed one year would not return the next. They break off next years game from the current game and any development for the current game is left out of next years game. Thus, we have the continuation of problems returning year after year. This shoud be basic stuff to manage for a video game company but we are given a product each year that has not benefited from the fixes to the previous version. At some point the incompetence word has to be used.
But not just problems but features.

If this is all old code, that has been reused and reworked and messed with for years. Why are old features gone?
Old 09-21-2017, 12:41 PM   #317
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Really?

I feel how people get their entertainments dollar of anything is their own darn business, and nobody else's.

Just because someone purchases the game doesn't mean the game doesn't have issues and people don't support those issues.

Wow.
Without wishing to get involved, I think the valid point in this discussion is that by purchasing the game we don't give EA an incentive to fundamentally change their focus, their priorities and appreciate that the game actually has issues they decline to address. That doesn't necessarily mean that the folks who buy the game don't share those concerns, I'm a perfect case in point. I buy it but I have deep concerns about the future of Madden.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:46 PM   #318
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
On the continous development model we have been being sold, i would say there is no such thing.
Care to explain how how you think Tiburon built and delivered Madden 17's eleven post-launch title updates and Madden 16's nine post-launch title updates - some of which delivered new features post-launch for both games - if there is no continuous development team at the studio?
Old 09-21-2017, 03:07 PM   #319
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Care to explain how how you think Tiburon built and delivered Madden 17's eleven post-launch title updates and Madden 16's nine post-launch title updates - some of which delivered new features post-launch for both games - if there is no continuous development team at the studio?
i would say maybe if there wasnt 3000 things ( per Rex said) needing fixed after the game was launched, maybe they could spend that time instead on patches, on actually adding more to the game other than xp sliders. Im honestly trying to think of what they added to 17 , i think it was something to do with MUT though.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 09-21-2017, 03:16 PM   #320
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
They update the game then the fixes are gone the next year. They are working on two different games. Updating the current game while working on a whole different set of code for the next years game. That is why much of what is fixed is gone again when the new game comes out.

To me a continous development means they are continuously improving the game with one set of code. In which case there wouldn't be such a difference between the final patch of one year to what is relesed in the first version of the next year. This would have to operate as a subscription to madden from a financial standpoint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »