Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-21-2017, 03:46 PM   #321
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

All this talk of "continuous development cycles" and the fact that EA can't tear CFM down and "start over" in time for M19.. once again..

Brings me back to Longshot.

I hope it was worth it. For them at least.

I played it.

Didn't hate it.

But the idea of what it took, infuriates me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 04:10 PM   #322
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Rookie draft classes are the one thing that can make or break a madden franchise for me. Don't get me wrong.... glitches, lack of any NFL history, or lack of immersion are obvious flaws.

However, the draft (especially draft classes) are huge for the success of a long term franchise mode. Madden has worked on "perfecting" draft classes for the last few years, when IMO the EASIEST solution to this is give us the ability to customize our draft classes and share them!

Give us sliders to edit the quality/ quantity at certain positions
Give us the ability to edit everything about a player prior to the draft
Give us the ability to share/ download draft classes with each other, and for the sake of online communities, allow us to "randomize" player attributes from downloaded draft classes.

This would easily fix 99% of the issues with draft classes. But EA's definition of "custom" differs a lot more than anyone else's.
Here, here 1000%!!!

As to why I noted about the loaded rosters not meshing with the mode in general.

Most of the notations dealing with the generated Rookies over the past several years have been surrounded around what's going on via the Stat Generator and not so much actually playing with these players.

3rd year of my CFM, came across a tweet (that I really never paid attention to before) about a highly taughted 1st round rookie RB dropping in rounds due to off field problems.

Found the player buried in Denver's backfield behind non-playing roster holders from the loaded roster.
- of the roster was rated with a CFM focus, this story/player would have meaning in the CFM.

In this case, several mechanisms inside the mode are rendered pointless, which leads to the stereotype that's Draft Classes are problematic, when it's really the loaded rosters not meshing.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:03 PM   #323

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
I mean, that hurricane was watched, and news of it coming in was known at least a month out.

So, I mean. Move your offices before?

Its terrible what is happening no doubt, but people knew about these natural disasters for a good long time. Sad to see first responders and emergency personel dying because idiots didnt want to leave there homes.

That all being said, thats my opinion. Not trying to offend anyone.

And its a poor, poor excuse to say they are dealing with that. When in reality, they could have moved there office a month ago and avoided it completely.
Honestly this might be one of the most ridiculous comments I've read. Living down here in Texas we weren't notified a month ahead of time of some hurricane that could make its way here, furthermore it was a cat 2 hurricane that they didn't think would do much damage in the overall scheme of things before quickly strengthning to a cat 5 at one point, and that was nowhere near a month in advance.

Secondly, how do they move their entire office because of a hurricane given a weeks notice?
Old 09-21-2017, 08:13 PM   #324
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelGreenRanger
All this talk of "continuous development cycles" and the fact that EA can't tear CFM down and "start over" in time for M19.. once again..

Brings me back to Longshot.

I hope it was worth it. For them at least.

I played it.

Didn't hate it.

But the idea of what it took, infuriates me.
I agree on the thoughts of Longshot. It's still a bit crazy to me that they spent four years on something that takes as much time as playing 3-4 games of Madden. Even then though, I'm not blaming it, nor NBA Live, for the state of CFM. Would CFM be significantly better this year if Longshot or NBA Live never existed? I doubt it. It's been 5-6 years of bandaids and mediocre, half-baked features and even last year when they touted CFM changes more than ever it was still little more than re-skinning what was already there. Going back to what Other Guy said about the two main frustrations, I'd add that the biggest frustration for me personally is that what little actually is there either doesn't work very well, has little to no depth or both.

They've put themselves in a really horrible spot where CFM is not only a really shallow experience that needs more features but also is in such a terrible state of quality that even the features that are there need serious work and attention. It's 1000% been their doing by implementing features that aren't well thought or fleshed out and then failing to improve on them. But most people have either moved on or accepted it so there's hardly any reason for them to change anything. But I see a lot of blame aimed at Longshot and NBA Live for why CFM is what it is but I'm not going to blame them. It obviously didn't help but CFM is what it is because of what's happened over the last 5-6 years, not just this year.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:13 PM   #325
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Honestly this might be one of the most ridiculous comments I've read. Living down here in Texas we weren't notified a month ahead of time of some hurricane that could make its way here, furthermore it was a cat 2 hurricane that they didn't think would do much damage in the overall scheme of things before quickly strengthning to a cat 5 at one point, and that was nowhere near a month in advance.

Secondly, how do they move their entire office because of a hurricane given a weeks notice?
+100 i am 11 hours from Houston and it affected us with a nomal rain storm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 09:24 PM   #326
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Someone who says something like this concerning a video game studio, simply has lost all perspective of what really matters in life.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:23 PM   #327
Rookie

Anyway, the point is we were NOT talking about the last week...all my references are over the past year and more. The game didn't become a mess this last week
It's been a steady decline over several years now. (As far as CFM is concerned).

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 08:08 AM   #328
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:

EDIT: Because Ive been personally affected by this, losing a good friend, I will not talk about it further.

Last edited by SteelD34KC; 09-22-2017 at 08:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »