Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-22-2017, 01:30 PM   #337
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
No joke. Simulated the next 10 seasons, to just see stats.

Jared Goff is now with LA. And the tweet on the front page?

Will Jared Goff start his rookie season!
I know they want to have specific commentart for season one in the game to make it more immersive. I just don't comprehend why it is not programmed to disappear when the first season is over. But this year is not even goffs rookie season so that one must have carried over from last years game then into future seasons. It's all a bit mind boggling.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:15 PM   #338
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I know they want to have specific commentart for season one in the game to make it more immersive. I just don't comprehend why it is not programmed to disappear when the first season is over. But this year is not even goffs rookie season so that one must have carried over from last years game then into future seasons. It's all a bit mind boggling.
They should have templates for these comments instead of specifically for season 1 though. Like just have "Excited for *rookie QB* to begin" then it can apply to Goff and not screw up other seasons. Having specific commentary is so limiting and a waste of franchise resources. It might be nice for play now/ online H2H but stinks for franchise

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 09-22-2017, 02:55 PM   #339
MVP

Toupal's Arena

I feel as if Madden puts all of it's stock into "Season 1"

Once we get past year one, the issues we see....

-rookie classes not gelling with the rest of the league
-storylines get messed up
-player regression is messed up
-ALL teams are managed great. In a few of my CFM's last year, there were multiple times that there were about 10 8-8 teams on the year.
-CPU used no logic with free agents additions and draft picks.
- Coaches get recycled from team to team. With no assistant coaches we have the same coaches over and over. Mike McCarthy has coached the Packer, Patriots, and Bengals in my current CFM.
-announcers still focus on the previous 2016 season or the current 2017 season in the 2021 season
-Trades are not a thing amongst CPU

I am sure there are more. Feel free to add to this list.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:07 PM   #340
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Reviewers are actually starting to hit EA over their lack of innovation. FIFA 18 has a 7 from Gamespot. They also gave NHL 18 a 7. NBA Live 18 hasn't scored great but there are mitigations I guess. The only one holding up is Madden but hopefully reviewers are beginning to see a trend where EA are sacrificing gameplay improvements and innovation for features like Ultimate Team.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:17 PM   #341
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Madden will see a dip in sales next year, mark it down. Ive never heard so much discontent with CFM as this year. Its not just about CFM , its about gameplay as well. There are tons of leagues that normally are full , struggling to even get to and keep 32 users this year. This is a sign, EA does not see this sign, but i do. I hear it from numerous commissioners of other leagues. Heck there are guys out there now offering people a free upgrade of dev trait for 1 player on a team to try to fill up leagues. Its getting bad out here " in the streets" and if EA dont want to listen , thats fine, those sales numbers will be dropping. People already taking the game back to gamestop/ebay sales. Guys are really just fed up with the year after year after year BS , bottom line.

And while in ways ill hate to see our league close up its doors next year, i can totally see it happening.Guys have been sticking it out too long to keep hearing " just wait" , till what we are all dead? This is a sign not only of CFM but the game itself and where its headed. This may be the only NFL game, but even that will not save this sinking ship by itself any longer. Either EA wakes up, spends more, and puts more effort into this gameplay and into CFM ,or those sales numbers will take a dip. Just watch n see if you dont believe me .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 09:14 PM   #342
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Madden will see a dip in sales next year, mark it down. Ive never heard so much discontent with CFM as this year. Its not just about CFM , its about gameplay as well. There are tons of leagues that normally are full , struggling to even get to and keep 32 users this year. This is a sign, EA does not see this sign, but i do. I hear it from numerous commissioners of other leagues. Heck there are guys out there now offering people a free upgrade of dev trait for 1 player on a team to try to fill up leagues. Its getting bad out here " in the streets" and if EA dont want to listen , thats fine, those sales numbers will be dropping. People already taking the game back to gamestop/ebay sales. Guys are really just fed up with the year after year after year BS , bottom line.

And while in ways ill hate to see our league close up its doors next year, i can totally see it happening.Guys have been sticking it out too long to keep hearing " just wait" , till what we are all dead? This is a sign not only of CFM but the game itself and where its headed. This may be the only NFL game, but even that will not save this sinking ship by itself any longer. Either EA wakes up, spends more, and puts more effort into this gameplay and into CFM ,or those sales numbers will take a dip. Just watch n see if you dont believe me .
I'm at the point where even if they come out and say they're adding all the features I want to CFM next year, I won't believe them. I'd fully expect it to be a half assed attempt and end up causing more problems to cfm than it will solve. I'm just going to accept that it can't get any better than 18 and stick with it through the next release instead of trading in my copy for the best buy deal like I did with 17
Old 09-22-2017, 11:18 PM   #343
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'm at the point where even if they come out and say they're adding all the features I want to CFM next year, I won't believe them. I'd fully expect it to be a half assed attempt and end up causing more problems to cfm than it will solve. I'm just going to accept that it can't get any better than 18 and stick with it through the next release instead of trading in my copy for the best buy deal like I did with 17
I agree with this, but I'll go further and say there is no way they can include all of the things we want into CFM. They and by "they" I mean EA as a company have no interest in a CFM mode that makes them no money. This year kind of proved it. They did nothing to the mode, allocated next to no resources for it and the game still sold millions of copies. In my opinion we can expect more of the same, bug fixes to things that have existed for 10 years that break things and then those can be fixed in the next release.

Eventually the only thing that can happen to push this game to improve is competition. We've seen that EA doesn't consider Nba2k as direct competition and can assume they also don't consider MLB the show either. So, I think it's going to take the indie developers like axis games to push their football game places that EA won't. Their game is several years behind in terms of quality and content but maybe they'll get to a point where they are pushing out new ideas that helps inspire EA to what their game could be. But the developers have already acknowledged Deuces excellent madden cfm rebuild, so they know what we want and what could be done. I just honestly don't think there is any incentive for their company to put up the money and resources to get us the game we want as long as they're still making a ton of money with initial sales and then more money through MUT.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:49 AM   #344
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I have hit that point as well. Based on what we have been dealt in the past, they have given me no reason for optimism.

But.... the only way it can get worse than Madden 18 (neglecting the mode all together) is removing features and selling Madden 19 as a simplified version. (This is a joke)

I know EA is going to follow their own agenda, and force feed us something we don't want with CFM. However I hope the only thing they force feed me is my words.

I hope I am wrong
I hope people on this site can go back to my previous post and call me out
I hope Madden blows me away

But from what I have seen in the past, I just don't see that being the case...
Prove me wrong, Madden!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »