Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-23-2017, 12:57 AM   #345
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I agree with this, but I'll go further and say there is no way they can include all of the things we want into CFM. They and by "they" I mean EA as a company have no interest in a CFM mode that makes them no money. This year kind of proved it. They did nothing to the mode, allocated next to no resources for it and the game still sold millions of copies. In my opinion we can expect more of the same, bug fixes to things that have existed for 10 years that break things and then those can be fixed in the next release.

Eventually the only thing that can happen to push this game to improve is competition. We've seen that EA doesn't consider Nba2k as direct competition and can assume they also don't consider MLB the show either. So, I think it's going to take the indie developers like axis games to push their football game places that EA won't. Their game is several years behind in terms of quality and content but maybe they'll get to a point where they are pushing out new ideas that helps inspire EA to what their game could be. But the developers have already acknowledged Deuces excellent madden cfm rebuild, so they know what we want and what could be done. I just honestly don't think there is any incentive for their company to put up the money and resources to get us the game we want as long as they're still making a ton of money with initial sales and then more money through MUT.
We don't know yet how well Madden sold..albeit it probably will sell around 5 million, but I don't think that is a certainty. Early reports on pre sales were off by 15-20 percent, using vgcharts. I know they don't count downloads, but neither did Madden 17 and their is a big drop off. But again, that doesn't tell the whole story...Madden is betting on random people being interested in a football story, who is not normally interested in football? Also, starting a MUT league over again, and spending money on a new team may not be so great either. As for as the CFM guys, they are pissed and I would bet a good number of them were not Buying Madden 18 on release night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 01:31 AM   #346
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'm at the point where even if they come out and say they're adding all the features I want to CFM next year, I won't believe them. I'd fully expect it to be a half assed attempt and end up causing more problems to cfm than it will solve. I'm just going to accept that it can't get any better than 18 and stick with it through the next release instead of trading in my copy for the best buy deal like I did with 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I agree with this, but I'll go further and say there is no way they can include all of the things we want into CFM. They and by "they" I mean EA as a company have no interest in a CFM mode that makes them no money. This year kind of proved it. They did nothing to the mode, allocated next to no resources for it and the game still sold millions of copies. In my opinion we can expect more of the same, bug fixes to things that have existed for 10 years that break things and then those can be fixed in the next release.

Eventually the only thing that can happen to push this game to improve is competition. We've seen that EA doesn't consider Nba2k as direct competition and can assume they also don't consider MLB the show either. So, I think it's going to take the indie developers like axis games to push their football game places that EA won't. Their game is several years behind in terms of quality and content but maybe they'll get to a point where they are pushing out new ideas that helps inspire EA to what their game could be. But the developers have already acknowledged Deuces excellent madden cfm rebuild, so they know what we want and what could be done. I just honestly don't think there is any incentive for their company to put up the money and resources to get us the game we want as long as they're still making a ton of money with initial sales and then more money through MUT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I have hit that point as well. Based on what we have been dealt in the past, they have given me no reason for optimism.

But.... the only way it can get worse than Madden 18 (neglecting the mode all together) is removing features and selling Madden 19 as a simplified version. (This is a joke)

I know EA is going to follow their own agenda, and force feed us something we don't want with CFM. However I hope the only thing they force feed me is my words.

I hope I am wrong
I hope people on this site can go back to my previous post and call me out
I hope Madden blows me away

But from what I have seen in the past, I just don't see that being the case...
Prove me wrong, Madden!
Mark it down EA. Im telling you the writing is on the walls.Its not just a few here , there. This is a widespread feeling that has been created by EA. This is not meant to bash devs, this is a warning shot to let them know, there is a hole in the boat, and it will start to sink if not fixed and quickly. Words will no longer due, only action. We dont say these things to bash, we say them as a warning.Just as you do when you care about someone you see about to be hit by a car flying down the road you know they dont see coming, you give a warning.... this is that and nothing more. We care about this game, and CFM . Otherwise we wouldnt bother coming to a forum to talk about it.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 09-23-2017, 02:50 AM   #347
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Mark it down EA. Im telling you the writing is on the walls.Its not just a few here , there. This is a widespread feeling that has been created by EA. This is not meant to bash devs, this is a warning shot to let them know, there is a hole in the boat, and it will start to sink if not fixed and quickly. Words will no longer due, only action. We dont say these things to bash, we say them as a warning.Just as you do when you care about someone you see about to be hit by a car flying down the road you know they dont see coming, you give a warning.... this is that and nothing more. We care about this game, and CFM . Otherwise we wouldnt bother coming to a forum to talk about it.
I'm sure they're really worried.
https://venturebeat.com/2017/09/14/a...-sales-charts/
Old 09-23-2017, 08:41 AM   #348
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
as with alot of things, numbers can be skewed if not looking into actual facts. Madden always rules August because its got no competition that month. Look at the games on that list under it, they are all old games on both consoles it listes. So yeah it was top seller over older games, thats not exactly mean it had outstanding sells. Someone here already mentioned that sales were down 10-15 % already. Next year that number will grow, and yes , they will be noticing when two years in row, sales numbers are going down.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 09-23-2017, 09:25 AM   #349
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I have hit that point as well. Based on what we have been dealt in the past, they have given me no reason for optimism.

But.... the only way it can get worse than Madden 18 (neglecting the mode all together) is removing features and selling Madden 19 as a simplified version. (This is a joke)

I know EA is going to follow their own agenda, and force feed us something we don't want with CFM. However I hope the only thing they force feed me is my words.

I hope I am wrong
I hope people on this site can go back to my previous post and call me out
I hope Madden blows me away

But from what I have seen in the past, I just don't see that being the case...
Prove me wrong, Madden!
If a Madden dev explcitly said that they were going to focus (not talking about general fixing and tuning) on CFM that would be enough to make me at least care. As it stands I still haven't purchased M18. I probably have 5 hours or so left on my EA Access trial. Im sure Ill buy the game at some point. Probably after a crazy exciting NFL Sunday. The game, while visually stunning, is so uninspiring though that im not compelled to buy. I dont even have the itch. It has been trending this way with Madden for a while now. I bought M17 after after about 2 weeks, IIRC. M18; absolutely nothing.

CFM is a part of it. The game lacking signature styles (running, catching, passing) really makes it hard to separate from M17. Then there are other games like 2K18, Destiny 2 and AC Orgins on the horizon that will have my attention this fall. Everything that can be said about Madden at this point has been. And I'm not one to belabor a point. I hope they get it together and go all out because it's almost cruel considering how far the in field product is. Id rather a game be too ambitious (like 2K18) and have issues than a stale offering. Thats what Madden is now. It just sucks for people who are die hard NFL and franchise heads. The only glimmer of hope I see though is that some reviews have referenced how little CFM improved has improved and that pushes them to do better. Not to be Debbie downer, but I have zero expectation that anything will improve substantially on the CFM front.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:28 AM   #350
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

IF no significant improvements are made to CPU AI and CFM I am not purchasing the game. Pretty simple.

I will say it again. I truly believe we are at the point on PS4 where all sports games should have maxed out the AI capability by this point.

I can only speak for The Show and 2K, but those two games are vastly superior in replicating their sport vs Madden.

VASTLY.

Now....again, I am getting enjoyment out of Madden 18. I am playing it. But I am done with the franchise for the foreseeable future if this is the track they continue on.

I feel like offline franchise players are being left behind moving forward on this particular series. I hope I am wrong.....but the sheer lack of AI improvement is incredible. I still feel like I am playing a PS3 version of Madden “AI” wise.

Almost feels the same, save for some better WR/DB interactions and run blocking.

AI is just incredibly bad compared to other sports games.
NBA 2K22

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-23-2017, 09:29 AM   #351
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
MAdden would probably be the best selling game in august even with a 50% drop in sales. It is the year over year numbers, the rollng 13 months, that bean counters are looking at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 09:32 AM   #352
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

And the NPD sales don't include digital sales either.

Sales start to increase again right around the black Friday deals through xmas as mom and dad rush out a purchase a game for junior.

Since the license deal, people at OS have been rooting for a downward trend in sales in the hopes the NFL would recognize that and sign another gaming company.

I don't see that happening anytime soon with the NFL's relationship with EA and vice versa, unless something comes along and totally reverses things.

Since the introduction of CFM for Madden 13, there hasn't been much in considerable improvements for CFM and that needs to start changing, especially with other sports titles with deeper franchise modes.

I not only hope Duece's mock up made the developers more aware, but the shots fired from the 2k team too.

Those 2 factors need to start adding up to more concentration for CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »