Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-26-2017, 12:19 AM   #377
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Take it for what it's worth

Old 09-26-2017, 12:24 AM   #378
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Take it for what it's worth

I gotta let the cynical side come out one more time, you'll notice Rex wisely didn't give a timeframe on that. Very cynical or negative of me, actually both but I highly doubt we can the changes we're looking for in madden 19. Maybe madden 20 but if I know dev cycles, my guess on when they could get CFM up to par with something like what 2k offers, we're probably going to be waiting until madden 21. Sadly Madden is that far behind and it takes a lot of time and testing to get these things right.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:04 AM   #379
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
CM I know u know ur stuff gameplay design wise..but from a customer view, u see a major flaw here correct? If NBA Live franchise is "not great" and Madden franchise is "limited" what exactly is it going to help to share tech?
It will help get NBA Live up to par quicker and create a stronger portfolio of titles for EA Sports as a whole, which is good for EA. It's probably also good for those who are current and future buyers of NBA Live (the latter being more important). Madden probably does get hamstrung by this, sure, and the lack of emphasis on Franchise in M18 is a point of evidence towards this.

Quote:
Also Madden past and current employees have claimed the line "sharing tech" will help in the future..and that has not help Madden yet.
Shared tech has very obviously helped Madden 18. Madden's biggest feature this year, Longshot, was not remotely achievable without a piece of shared tech introduced into Madden this year, that of course being Frostbite. Not to mention the graphical improvements the engine introduced, mostly with respect to lighting which is dramatically better than last year.

Quote:
Madden Online servers are top notch (or it appears that is the general belief) but u can agree that Madden and now NBA Live franchise is extremely weak/limited/boring even, compared to other sports titles.
I get more run out of Madden every year than any other video game I purchase thanks to playing online Franchise with a group of friends, so I disagree that Franchise is boring from a multiplayer perspective. I think Madden is actually a great head-to-head competitive game. That said, I do recognize that franchise in particular is pretty lacking in some key areas when evaluated as a single-player mode.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:57 AM   #380
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Lives Franchise mode?

Bwaaaahahahahahah

What franchise mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah I rented this game. Its. Terrible.

And now you see all these reviewers and so on, and even people here, talking about the "Future" of that game.

There is no future. You cant improve upon nothing, which is exactly what that franchise mode is.

Especially when that "Other" game company came out with what people are saying is the best sports game ever.

Its an absolute sham of a business model, being run by marketing.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:00 AM   #381
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/X9H6XFF

I know most people here are beyond jaded now, but you should vote in this survey anyway.
Didnt 18 JUST release? Why the eff are we taking surveys for NEXT year?!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 09:04 AM   #382
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
It will help get NBA Live up to par quicker and create a stronger portfolio of titles for EA Sports as a whole, which is good for EA. It's probably also good for those who are current and future buyers of NBA Live (the latter being more important). Madden probably does get hamstrung by this, sure, and the lack of emphasis on Franchise in M18 is a point of evidence towards this.

Shared tech has very obviously helped Madden 18. Madden's biggest feature this year, Longshot, was not remotely achievable without a piece of shared tech introduced into Madden this year, that of course being Frostbite. Not to mention the graphical improvements the engine introduced, mostly with respect to lighting which is dramatically better than last year.

I get more run out of Madden every year than any other video game I purchase thanks to playing online Franchise with a group of friends, so I disagree that Franchise is boring from a multiplayer perspective. I think Madden is actually a great head-to-head competitive game. That said, I do recognize that franchise in particular is pretty lacking in some key areas when evaluated as a single-player mode.
Shouldnt NBA Live and Madden 18 have an already solid base to work on before this sharing tech gives us anything good?

AKA CFM is lackluster at best, especially compared to pretty much any other sports game AKA The Show and NBA2K.

Zones and Man to Man in Madden are STILL not working correctly. Does that translate to gameplay malfunctions in NBA Live?

AI is atrocious, sometimes looking good if you do the work of 32 team owners. But does this translate over to NBA Live?

I understand your getting a ton of playing time out of the game.

But I just dont see how it helps when the base your working from is such trash.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:06 AM   #383
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Yeah I rented this game. Its. Terrible.
Y

And now you see all these reviewers and so on, and even people here, talking about the "Future" of that game.

There is no future. You cant improve upon nothing, which is exactly what that franchise mode is.

Especially when that "Other" game company came out with what people are saying is the best sports game ever.

Its an absolute sham of a business model, being run by marketing.
It's business model is be on the same shelf and five dollars cheaper. Take advantage of the unknowing through that and marketing. It goes without saying madden is protected from another company doing this to them.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:46 AM   #384
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

CM again not u understanding game design or server side of video games..question is it possible Madden CFM is less "robust" then the "other" title to help keep servers fast and responsive? Reason I ask is that other title is creating more and more "robust" to do within their version of franchise..but generally slammed for their servers..

If yes is maybe the reason we get what we get with Madden to keep the online CFM fast and responsive?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »