Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-26-2017, 11:06 AM   #385
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
1 - EA has recently been sharing tech far more frequently company-wide (most recently and notably with Frostbite). To that end, Madden sharing franchise tech and engineers with NBA Live fits right in with EA's overarching technical culture and frankly just makes sense; more engineers working in the same code means common features can be added to both games faster and bugs can be squashed in both faster as well. On top of that, most sport games franchise modes share base-level features - scheduling games, player contracts, rookie drafts, etc. etc. No need to reinvent the wheel each time.
If sharing tech and engineers is much more efficient, then EA could afford to hire more techs so that one game doesn't suffer because of the development of another game. Sharing tech and code should make it easier to add improvements, just like CCM/CFM did.....Oh, wait a minute.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 11:09 AM   #386
Banned

Quote:
Oh stop it.

The company very clearly still values sports games because they continue to drive huge revenue numbers for the company. To suggest they don't is just flat-out wrong, there's no other way to put it.
Oh stop it.

There are plenty of ways to put it. NFL is the most popular sport in the US and EA has an exclusive license. Madden Franchise has been bad since CCM. Minimal improvements each and every year.

There's no other way to put it.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:23 AM   #387
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Oh stop it.

There are plenty of ways to put it. NFL is the most popular sport in the US and EA has an exclusive license. Madden Franchise has been bad since CCM. Minimal improvements each and every year.

There's no other way to put it.
Could not agree more.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2017, 12:38 PM   #388
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
CM again not u understanding game design or server side of video games..question is it possible Madden CFM is less "robust" then the "other" title to help keep servers fast and responsive? Reason I ask is that other title is creating more and more "robust" to do within their version of franchise..but generally slammed for their servers..

If yes is maybe the reason we get what we get with Madden to keep the online CFM fast and responsive?
Sort of. That any new or existing feature of Madden's franchise mode has to work in both online and offline contexts may increase the time it takes to build and test-for-completion any single component, especially compared to if the mode were just offline, absolutely.

However, I don't suspect that the time spent by the console and server talking to each other to make a feature work is a major factor. There's probably some optimization of the web calls to decrease the amount of time the server spends processing them or how long the client has to wait for a success / fail response, but it's not as important in franchise as it is during live online head-to-head gameplay which needs to be incredibly snappy.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:47 PM   #389
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Take it for what it's worth

Can you please put that in the Tweet thread too?

Thanks.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:01 PM   #390
Banned

Quote:
However, I don't suspect that the time spent by the console and server talking to each other to make a feature work is a major factor. There's probably some optimization of the web calls to decrease the amount of time the server spends processing them or how long the client has to wait for a success / fail response, but it's not as important in franchise as it is during live online head-to-head gameplay which needs to be incredibly snappy.
You would think head-to-head gameplay would tax network/internet traffic much more than franchise traffic. You would think most of franchise traffic would be ascii text going back and forth to update an existing displayed screen, that's how I would do it. Head-2-head, it would be constantly, and in real time, updating graphics.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:04 AM   #391
Rookie

Yo I donít know how many of you people play PES (Pro Evolution Soccer) but they lack the licenses to a lot of teams but third party sites create things called option files that allow the user to have the jerseys/stadiums etc of the unlicensed teams, essentially turning them into a licensed team. Would it be illegal for a company such as 2k to make an unlicensed football game but base it on the NFL, so users could import images like the jerseys and stuff like I mentioned above? That way itís not really an NFL game but just a football game that has been modded into an NFL one?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 10:10 AM   #392
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by walls17
Yo I donít know how many of you people play PES (Pro Evolution Soccer) but they lack the licenses to a lot of teams but third party sites create things called option files that allow the user to have the jerseys/stadiums etc of the unlicensed teams, essentially turning them into a licensed team. Would it be illegal for a company such as 2k to make an unlicensed football game but base it on the NFL, so users could import images like the jerseys and stuff like I mentioned above? That way itís not really an NFL game but just a football game that has been modded into an NFL one?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
They could, and 2K would be free of any litigation. But not the content creators.

And we know the NFL, the NFLPA and EA themselves are a bunch of dicks. So they would sue those content creators into the ground.

So people like Sabo who put in a bunch of say named playbooks based on teams, would be open to litigation. Because hes unlicensed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »