Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-27-2017, 11:07 AM   #393
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Take it for what it's worth

Well, you do have to consider that EA doesn’t actually believe that Franchise deserves nearly as much attention you believe. So they could do very little and still be consistent with that tweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Old 09-27-2017, 11:13 AM   #394
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Well, you do have to consider that EA doesn’t actually believe that Franchise deserves nearly as much attention you believe. So they could do very little and still be consistent with that tweet.

That is why you have to take it for what it's worth.

A very broad question with a very broad answer.

However I am just happy that they can at least acknowledge that some of Maddens' user still find great value in franchise mode.

I know it isn't much, but it is a lot better than what CFM fans had to deal with post E3 this summer.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:14 AM   #395
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL

Well and like a previous poster stated. He could be talking about Madden 20 for all we know.

They have a terrible habit of promising features, or saying yeah were working on things years and years out.

Just the idea that Longshot took 4 years to develop still has me hot. Even though I know it was like 1 or 2 people working on it. It still has me pretty darn angry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 12:05 PM   #396
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I've given up hope for CFM

For every purchase somebody in here doesn't make, a new MUT player buys an extra $60 in points.

I think it's over

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-27-2017, 12:11 PM   #397
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Well and like a previous poster stated. He could be talking about Madden 20 for all we know.

They have a terrible habit of promising features, or saying yeah were working on things years and years out.

Just the idea that Longshot took 4 years to develop still has me hot. Even though I know it was like 1 or 2 people working on it. It still has me pretty darn angry.
This right here! I've heard cfm improvements are to be coming the last couple years. Longshot sucks and is a waste of resources given the flaws that happen in game across all modes.

Why did EA pull people from the madden team as well to work on NBA Live CFM this just screams ignorance. (its not like the madden cfm guys have something great that needs to be put into other games)

This years madden new features are long shot, and coach adjustments (which we had five years ago in NCAA) and roster update. The commercials arent even showing or about the game either Im confused as to what their selling until the 1.5 second clip of game at the end.

Last edited by amp87; 09-27-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:17 PM   #398
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp87
This right here! I've heard cfm improvements are to be coming the last couple years. Longshot sucks and is a waste of resources given the flaws that happen in game across all modes.

Why did EA pull people from the madden team as well to work on NBA Live CFM this just screams ignorance. (its not like the madden cfm guys have something great that needs to be put into other games)

This years madden new features are long shot, and coach adjustments (which we had five years ago in NCAA) and roster update.

It would seem if they were going to pull resources they would do it from a game with a better franchise mode. I don't know how good ea's other franchise modes are because i woud never spend my money on those games seeing as how poor the effort is in madden. It seems they just wanted live on the store shelf no matter the quality.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:35 PM   #399
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Sabo put out 32 playbooks for teams that LITERALLY fix the AI playcalling problem. Why has EA not reached out and bought his work, or asked for it, or something. Im 100% sure Sabo would be like YES TAKE IT.
Appreciate all the support guys... glad you're enjoying the work...

I have reached out to EA on twitter on how to fix ths problem and they have never ever responded... either they are worried it'll break the game OR it's just not on their priority list...

This is the difference between EA and 2K, when they saw what Da_Czar was doing they took advantage of it and implemented his ideas...

Not sure why they haven't done the same with a guy like DueceDouglas who is full of great/ambitious ideas...
Old 09-27-2017, 01:06 PM   #400
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I rented this game. Its. Terrible.

And now you see all these reviewers and so on, and even people here, talking about the "Future" of that game.

There is no future. You cant improve upon nothing, which is exactly what that franchise mode is.

Especially when that "Other" game company came out with what people are saying is the best sports game ever.

Its an absolute sham of a business model, being run by marketing.
With Live 18 the focus was clearly on the MyPlayer/story mode experience. And IMO they pulled it off quite well (I am playing Live 18 just for The One mode and it is a ton of fun).

But franchise mode on that game is abysmal. And yes, that other basketball game very well may be the best sports game I have ever played.
NBA 2K22

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »