Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2017, 09:01 AM   #417
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I'm just happy to see this many people passionate about franchise mode.

We need to hold the NFL and EA accountable for the shortcomings of football video games.

They wanted the exclusive deal... Well they got it.
With that, they also have all the attention of video game, NFL, and football fans.

In years past I could look past Maddens lackadaisical performance, because my attention was on NCAA.

I think if they don't change their approach to the improvement of this game, they will be hemorrhaging sales more and more each season.
Theres 1 big problem though, its always been alot of people very passionate about it. Its also the most played mode in madden. Let those words sink in , the most played mode ...... yet gets the least amount of attention year, after year, after year, after year, after year, after year.... you get the point.

Its not like EA does not know about peoples passion , after all they claim they come and read these very forums. Yet what do they do ? Lip service , but thats about it. No real service, just lip service. Tell us what we want to hear ( like politicians) and then do not deliver. Just keep waiting they say, one day, one day if your not dead already , you may finally see franchise mode great ....

The bottom line is, they wont give the proper funds to it , to improve it anymore than they do.And al these people playing longshot is just going to make them say ....well our telematry says it was played alot by people, they must have liked it ,so lets keep funding that.....

Here is a very serious question i have. How is it they cant fund CFM any more than they do, but somehow have funds to make longshot, over a 4 year span. It was not just made this year, so the whole longshot took from cfm spew for 18, i dont buy it. If so its been taking from franchise the last 3 as well. Now if they think people like it, they already said they will build on it. Those funds are either coming out of CFM or they have so much money they make every single year, that they can afford to dev CFM and Longshot. Yet we have people asking for them to add DLC in cfm ......when will people open their eyes and see , they have more , more , more than enough money they make every single year off this game. They do not need more profits to actually finally give more to CFM, they clearly could already do it, to the MOST played mode, but dont..... Just think about that......

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 09-29-2017, 09:16 AM   #418
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Theres 1 big problem though, its always been alot of people very passionate about it. Its also the most played mode in madden. Let those words sink in , the most played mode ...... yet gets the least amount of attention year, after year, after year, after year, after year, after year.... you get the point.

Its not like EA does not know about peoples passion , after all they claim they come and read these very forums. Yet what do they do ? Lip service , but thats about it. No real service, just lip service. Tell us what we want to hear ( like politicians) and then do not deliver. Just keep waiting they say, one day, one day if your not dead already , you may finally see franchise mode great ....

The bottom line is, they wont give the proper funds to it , to improve it anymore than they do.And al these people playing longshot is just going to make them say ....well our telematry says it was played alot by people, they must have liked it ,so lets keep funding that.....

Here is a very serious question i have. How is it they cant fund CFM any more than they do, but somehow have funds to make longshot, over a 4 year span. It was not just made this year, so the whole longshot took from cfm spew for 18, i dont buy it. If so its been taking from franchise the last 3 as well. Now if they think people like it, they already said they will build on it. Those funds are either coming out of CFM or they have so much money they make every single year, that they can afford to dev CFM and Longshot. Yet we have people asking for them to add DLC in cfm ......when will people open their eyes and see , they have more , more , more than enough money they make every single year off this game. They do not need more profits to actually finally give more to CFM, they clearly could already do it, to the MOST played mode, but dont..... Just think about that......

While i largely agree with your rant for me there is a price point well beyond 60 dollars i would pay for a great franchise football game. While 60 dollars is a bargain for 2k basketball because of the immersion i don't watch the nba excet catching the finals in some years. If there was a football game with a franchise on that level i would pay as much for it as i paid for my xbox one.

I also realize that game will never be made as long as ea or any other company has an exclusive license from the nfl. They can simply rely on the popularity of the nfl to make them money with little effort. I get tired of them actjng like ea is two guys in their mom's basement as an excuse nit to put forth a quality product. It also pisses me off that they spent 4 years working on long**** and ignoring franchise
Old 09-29-2017, 09:47 AM   #419
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
While i largely agree with your rant for me there is a price point well beyond 60 dollars i would pay for a great franchise football game. While 60 dollars is a bargain for 2k basketball because of the immersion i don't watch the nba excet catching the finals in some years. If there was a football game with a franchise on that level i would pay as much for it as i paid for my xbox one.

I also realize that game will never be made as long as ea or any other company has an exclusive license from the nfl. They can simply rely on the popularity of the nfl to make them money with little effort. I get tired of them actjng like ea is two guys in their mom's basement as an excuse nit to put forth a quality product. It also pisses me off that they spent 4 years working on long**** and ignoring franchise
i totally get what your saying, but just be honest about it. Knowing that they already make more than enough to make CFM better but dont, do you really, deep down , trust that paying them even more is going to get what your looking for from them? I mean after all dont forget, they will still only have 9 months ...... im just saying i think people should be realistic about it. We know the real answer to the question.... because after all they have such a short time to dev after all. They will find an excuse even if we paid more.

Which i would even debate the whole paying more just for a good CFM.A large part of people who play CFM do not play the other modes, they buy the game pretty much soley for CFM. 60$ every single year is actually paying more than enough for 1 mode of use. Most hate MUT not just because of what its become, but because all you end up playing is people running same glitched plays all game and there is no enjoyment in it , just like trying to play a random in H2H.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 09-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #420
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
i totally get what your saying, but just be honest about it. Knowing that they already make more than enough to make CFM better but dont, do you really, deep down , trust that paying them even more is going to get what your looking for from them? I mean after all dont forget, they will still only have 9 months ...... im just saying i think people should be realistic about it. We know the real answer to the question.... because after all they have such a short time to dev after all. They will find an excuse even if we paid more.

Which i would even debate the whole paying more just for a good CFM.A large part of people who play CFM do not play the other modes, they buy the game pretty much soley for CFM. 60$ every single year is actually paying more than enough for 1 mode of use. Most hate MUT not just because of what its become, but because all you end up playing is people running same glitched plays all game and there is no enjoyment in it , just like trying to play a random in H2H.
I wish i could disagree but i can't.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:01 AM   #421
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
While i largely agree with your rant for me there is a price point well beyond 60 dollars i would pay for a great franchise football game. While 60 dollars is a bargain for 2k basketball because of the immersion i don't watch the nba excet catching the finals in some years.
I don't watch the NFL anymore, so my price point and interest just dramatically dropped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 11:03 AM   #422
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I don't watch the NFL anymore, so my price point and interest just dramatically dropped.
If you don't watch the NFL i don't know what this game has to offer you.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #423
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
If you don't watch the NFL i don't know what this game has to offer you.
What it comes down to is no matter the league, people LOVE the game of football.

You add video games and football together, it is a match made in heaven.

That is why people are willing to pay $60 a year for a game like Madden, no matter how great or bad it is.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:44 PM   #424
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

I still haven't bought '18 because of the lackluster CFM. They might not get my money again until they show real investment in fixing this broken mess of a franchise. It's truly alarming how far they've fallen with this mode, and I'm about out of faith that they will ever get it back on track.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »