Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-02-2017, 06:21 PM   #433
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

When are they ganna tune the different game modes exactly?

Wasn't that the point. And a big stick they kept waving around this summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-02-2017, 07:04 PM   #434
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelGreenRanger

This. Put in 3 "modes" of play, then basically do nothing to really differentiate them to play as they should. And now.....they're deadly silent.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2017, 08:41 PM   #435

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelGreenRanger

I think for me personally this is the biggest letdown. They touted that the whole simulation mode, not to mention having the three different modes, would allow for seperate tuning so we were no longer at the mercy of the competitive crowd anymore. Instead we got a patch that tightened up zone coverage but nothing specific for simulation mode at all. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see much being done for a specific mode and patches being done to cover all 3, in other words no different then last year. Now I'm sure ratings matter more in simulation mode but that's only half the battle, the patches for specifically simulation mode are needed to tighten it up to where those of us would like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 01:28 AM   #436
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I think for me personally this is the biggest letdown. They touted that the whole simulation mode, not to mention having the three different modes, would allow for seperate tuning so we were no longer at the mercy of the competitive crowd anymore. Instead we got a patch that tightened up zone coverage but nothing specific for simulation mode at all. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see much being done for a specific mode and patches being done to cover all 3, in other words no different then last year. Now I'm sure ratings matter more in simulation mode but that's only half the battle, the patches for specifically simulation mode are needed to tighten it up to where those of us would like it.
One thing of course is that we don't know what all can be addressed in a gameplay tuner. For me the game is very solid, but of course there are always a lot of things that I would like to see improved.

After we see what is in the early October patch, then I will simply straight out ask Rex and Clint on Twitter if there will be any Simulation Mode tuning this year, and let them know that many in the sim community are very skeptical that they are going to do anything specific for us on that front.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:39 PM   #437
Rookie

Title Patch Update.
MUT. MUT. Squads. Longshot.

Cool.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:46 PM   #438
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

Just copy the franchise mode from madden 2005 and put it in Madden 19, I swear its that easy.

Newspaper feed > Lame fake twitter that makes no sense.

Real NFL coordinators > Fake made up coaches.

Tony Bruno show > Madden doesn't even have anything like this.

Training camp > The beyond annoying training they have now with fake team tendencies.

Players would hold out, team morale... on and on... basically Madden 18 franchise mode is a joke, its fake. Madden 2005 franchise mode is legendary because it pact a nice punch but was still simple.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:51 PM   #439
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by btvs
Just copy the franchise mode from madden 2005 and put it in Madden 19, I swear its that easy.

Newspaper feed > Lame fake twitter that makes no sense.

Real NFL coordinators > Fake made up coaches.

Tony Bruno show > Madden doesn't even have anything like this.

Training camp > The beyond annoying training they have now with fake team tendencies.

Players would hold out, team morale... on and on... basically Madden 18 franchise mode is a joke, its fake. Madden 2005 franchise mode is legendary because it pact a nice punch but was still simple.
That's the advantage to gamers when there is competition. There's little motivation to improve as things stand now. Just look at the yearly sales of Madden.
If this were most any other game, there is NO WAY it would sell this well in its current shape.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2017, 08:58 PM   #440

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
One thing of course is that we don't know what all can be addressed in a gameplay tuner. For me the game is very solid, but of course there are always a lot of things that I would like to see improved.

After we see what is in the early October patch, then I will simply straight out ask Rex and Clint on Twitter if there will be any Simulation Mode tuning this year, and let them know that many in the sim community are very skeptical that they are going to do anything specific for us on that front.
I just lack the confidence in EA whether it be because of the so called "suits" or something else entirely. I was really put off by last years debacle with the whole QB Accuracy issue and the timing of the eventual fix was extremely suspect at best. I certainly hope I'm wrong, nothing would make me happier then to be completely wrong and EA surprises me and comes through adjusting and fixing the issues in simulation mode but again I'm not holding my breath. There is only so much benefit of the doubt that can be given at this point.

The extremely odd thing that still baffles me is how come the Gamechangers claimed the pass defense was on point and very challenging in the early copies they played, then the game came out and those same people were stating that the pass coverage was nothing like what they played when they were down in Florida giving it a run? Did EA figure it was too difficult for the average buyer so they wanted to dumb it down? If so why not leave it like it was for simulation mode and adjust accordingly for competitive? Its decisions like that that create serious doubt in my mind that they will really make the necessary changes that we all want to see.

At the end of the day EA is really wanting to transition more towards the whole e-sports and tournamet crowd imo while keeping MUT flowing with content for that extra revenue stream, we offline gamers are not their priority anymore unfortunately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »