Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-17-2017, 05:17 PM   #521
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

I agree with average results inside the game and sticking with this thread, less than average with CFM.

However, "average results" doesn't equate to less revenue in sales.

So, the sales/revenue end of it doesn't add up to average results in the minds of the EA higher ups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 06:01 PM   #522
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with average results inside the game and sticking with this thread, less than average with CFM.

However, "average results" doesn't equate to less revenue in sales.

So, the sales/revenue end of it doesn't add up to average results in the minds of the EA higher ups.
Absolutely! Especially when there is nothing to compete with...

The only comparable thing we have to this is 2k vs Live. And we see where 2K is at compared to Live, that is why it is so frustrating for Madden fans to know the tools to make CFM great are out there, but for some inexplicable reason, we can't get them.....
Old 10-17-2017, 06:04 PM   #523
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
The initial point was to cater to average/ casual gamers.

The point I am making is Madden can get away with that because there is no competition.

NBA Live is built for casual gamers as well, but it market with competition, we have seen NBA Live get embarrassed. A game that is built for both casual and hardcore gamers like NBA2k, beat NBA Live so bad that Live had to take a year off, and pull sources away from Madden.

Madden players are being punished for NBA Lives short-comings, yet Madden follows the exact same model of catering to the "average" player.

You design a game for the average gamer, you get average results. We are not to the point where CFM is getting ZERO results as opposed to just average.

Because of this, we see that a majority of the threads in these forums revolve around franchise mode, and we see threads like "Madden's future of CFM is alarming" get as many hits as it does.

Average hasn't worked, so maybe it is time to cater towards what got made Madden great 15 years ago, and that is..... FRANCHISE MODE

Yep, they can cater to the average fan, they can only worry about the center of the bell curve because nobody else can come in and make a game for the hardcore. It is not that there is not a market for a sim franchise mode, it is that by making that game they get very few additional customers for the cost and lose none to a competitor by not making it. There are a lot of people who want to pick up the game choose their favorite team and kick some ***. Nothing wrong with that. It should not be the totality of video game football.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:07 PM   #524
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Head Coach is a perfect example, that was a niche football game that didn't sell and was dropped by EA.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:09 PM   #525
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Live's struggles have absolutely nothing to do with who they are focusing on. Live has struggled because they have taken years just to get the game playable.

And have on with the 2K threads if you think 2K is focusing on the sim crowd. You might be surprised. Better yet, watch the latest 2KTV within the game.

Or here:

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 10-17-2017 at 06:14 PM. Reason: adding video
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 07:04 PM   #526
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
MUT began in 2010, yet:

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/08/26...de-impressions

Franchise mode has fallen on hard time because what the most devout sim gamers want in franchise and season modes versus what the average Madden customer wants are two poor opposite things. And in the end, there are WAY MORE average Madden customers than devout sim gamers.
The sim gamers aren't asking for an overly complex franchise mode, sure it would be nice to have that option but we just want a mode that functions properly more than anything else. If anything, cfm and the XP system are more complicated that what we used to have
Old 10-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #527
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
The game is built for the average/casual gamer.

There is absolutely nothing in this game that says it’s a game built for the simulation crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
So you are saying the average casual gamer uses line adjustments, audibles, coverage audibles, hot routes, individual defensive hot routes, ID The Mike, all the different throw types etc.

I am in no way saying this game is a great simulation of NFL football. It’s not.

But I do have a lot of fun playing it, and use all the tools they have put in the game to enjoy my experience. While Madden is not where a lot of us thought it would be since the move to PS3 and now PS4.....Madden 18 is still easily the best version on the field this game has ever had.

I can’t even stomach playing the nostalgic PS2 titles. Heck no. They can't even hold a candle to this version.

I think EA is really getting bashed unmercifully here.

I am in no way thrilled about the lack of franchise mode improvements and core AI.....but the game is not trash like some people pound and scream about.....oh heck no.

Highly playable for me personally. Where as on PS3.....it was bad. Really bad.
NBA 2K22

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-17-2017, 07:32 PM   #528
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
So you are saying the average casual gamer uses line adjustments, audibles, coverage audibles, hot routes, individual defensive hot routes, ID The Mike, all the different throw types etc.

I am in no way saying this game is a great simulation of NFL football. Itís not.

But I do have a lot of fun playing it, and use all the tools they have put in the game to enjoy my experience. While Madden is not where a lot of us thought it would be since the move to PS3 and now PS4.....Madden 18 is still easily the best version on the field this game has ever had.

I canít even stomach playing the nostalgic PS2 titles. Heck no. They can't even hold a candle to this version.

I think EA is really getting bashed unmercifully here.

I am in no way thrilled about the lack of franchise mode improvements and core AI.....but the game is not trash like some people pound and scream about.....oh heck no.

Highly playable for me personally. Where as on PS3.....it was bad. Really bad.

Donít get me wrong, A&S. Thereís a TON of sim elements in this game, and lots of fun to be had, but in all honesty, this game is built with the casual gamer in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »