Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #537
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Glad at least someone else is willing to say it. All I see is bashing in this forum. Turns me into a fanboy by comparison when I'd much rather be the balanced middle ground.

Madden has come such a long way since M25 in terms of 'sim' features. There are issues and criticism is fair, but come on. I've been in or run a fairly competitive (in terms of skill, not as in game mode) sim league since M15. We have plenty of guys who don't really know how to read a defense post-snap too well or use features like ID the Mike. And this group represents a mega-hardcore slice of the sim community.

So I just can't get on board with the "sim crowd has gotten nothing" chorus. Detailed zone responsibility, match coverage, ID the mike, slide coverage, DB press leverage & alignment, run blocking (yes, as far away as it still is, blocking is much better than M15), pass blocking & pocket formation (interior pass blocking still a major issue but they've made clear strides here), DB/WR interactions in general, etc... FAR from perfect, and I have some glaring criticisms of balance this Madden.

But it's come a long way. Wish the devs got at least credit for what they have done amidst all the loud cries about what they haven't.
I haven't followed every post on the thread but I think when people say SIM issues they are referring to franchise mode features. We have a barebones franchise mode and it hasn't improved. I think if they could put a solid showing into franchise mode a lot of the complaining would stop, the gameplay has seemingly improved at a decent rate with all those details you mentioned (although the functionality of some of them can be called into question) but franchise mode is garbage. I've seen people on reddit having a poor time trying to keep 32 man franchises active because people just don't like it. I think franchise needs to be redone, but that is a lot of resources, which is why I don't see it happening.

It starts with removing XP!

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 10-18-2017, 05:38 PM   #538
Rookie

Charvalos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Glad at least someone else is willing to say it. All I see is bashing in this forum. Turns me into a fanboy by comparison when I'd much rather be the balanced middle ground.

Madden has come such a long way since M25 in terms of 'sim' features. There are issues and criticism is fair, but come on. I've been in or run a fairly competitive (in terms of skill, not as in game mode) sim league since M15. We have plenty of guys who don't really know how to read a defense post-snap too well or use features like ID the Mike. And this group represents a mega-hardcore slice of the sim community.

So I just can't get on board with the "sim crowd has gotten nothing" chorus. Detailed zone responsibility, match coverage, ID the mike, slide coverage, DB press leverage & alignment, run blocking (yes, as far away as it still is, blocking is much better than M15), pass blocking & pocket formation (interior pass blocking still a major issue but they've made clear strides here), DB/WR interactions in general, etc... FAR from perfect, and I have some glaring criticisms of balance this Madden.

But it's come a long way. Wish the devs got at least credit for what they have done amidst all the loud cries about what they haven't.
Madden is far away to be a sim game even if it has some "sim features" because the most basics things of football aren't represented properly :

- CPU QB isn't realistic at all. You can play against Brady or the worst QB of the game that you'll see no differences
- Same thing about defense. Man coverage is broken for years and with zone defense, SS and MLB are just standing in their zone doing nothing.
- No scramble by the CPU QB (worst than ever this year with the statue QB issue)
- CPU Playcalling is awful. Every teams are playing the same.
- Some other "minor" things like bad snap, penalties, clean pocket, etc.
- And, of course, the CPU on CFM mode.

All these things will never be in the game because of the MUT crowd. I had hope with the 3 games mode but even with that, EA is incapable (or doesn't want to ?) to make the sim mode a good simulation mode.

Last edited by Charvalos; 10-18-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #539
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
hahaha, that is very true. Whether wrong or right, in the end their opinion is the only opinion that matters.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #540
Rookie

It is now crystal clear EA's vision is the same for Madden as it is with the Star Wars franchise.... monetization and paywalls, with little to no single player focus whatsoever.
So, essentially, those of us who are NOT MUT or competitive players are left in the cold.
For those that don't know, EA shuttered the studio working on Star Wars and are letting some very talented people go, based on their change of direction regarding loot boxes and cards deleting the "need" for single player gaming.
Sad, sad day when we have no alternative NFL game to play...it is what it is.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2017, 09:30 PM   #541
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
It is now crystal clear EA's vision is the same for Madden as it is with the Star Wars franchise.... monetization and paywalls, with little to no single player focus whatsoever.
So, essentially, those of us who are NOT MUT or competitive players are left in the cold.
For those that don't know, EA shuttered the studio working on Star Wars and are letting some very talented people go, based on their change of direction regarding loot boxes and cards deleting the "need" for single player gaming.
Sad, sad day when we have no alternative NFL game to play...it is what it is.

Hyperbole

Madden has a franchise mode and plenty of solo player gameplay. Yes, the emphasis is on multiplayer and MUT, but there are thousands, if not millions playing the game solo every year, including this year.

I feel your pain. I remember that feeling when FBPro 99 was recalled and Sierra shut down all of its sports games. Honestly, that's when sim football gaming died. That's when sim football players either went without or slummed with the console gamers. It wasn't great.

Seriously, the landscape of sports games, despite the lack of competition compared to the turn of the century, has never been better. You may be missing a focus on your personal favorite mode, but to say there is not football is beyond ridiculous.

This is probably the most I've played a football game since those FBPro 98 days. It's not a sim, but it is pretty damn impressive. You can still play a season with your favorite team. You can play in an online league. And despite some issues, it's the best gameplay any football game has ever had.

You aren't left in the cold. That's just you being too stubborn to come inside where a ton of people are actually warm and having a blast. It's okay to play a sports game that is not perfect.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 09:59 PM   #542
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjcreed
Playing more or less on all pro default, and if you don't understand and recognise the coverage pre snap, it's quite hard to pass the ball IMO.

People have trouble passing the ball on All Pro?
Old 10-19-2017, 12:12 AM   #543
Rookie

Quote:
Hyperbole

Madden has a franchise mode and plenty of solo player gameplay. Yes, the emphasis is on multiplayer and MUT, but there are thousands, if not millions playing the game solo every year, including this year.

I feel your pain. I remember that feeling when FBPro 99 was recalled and Sierra shut down all of its sports games. Honestly, that's when sim football gaming died. That's when sim football players either went without or slummed with the console gamers. It wasn't great.

Seriously, the landscape of sports games, despite the lack of competition compared to the turn of the century, has never been better. You may be missing a focus on your personal favorite mode, but to say there is not football is beyond ridiculous.

This is probably the most I've played a football game since those FBPro 98 days. It's not a sim, but it is pretty damn impressive. You can still play a season with your favorite team. You can play in an online league. And despite some issues, it's the best gameplay any football game has ever had.

You aren't left in the cold. That's just you being too stubborn to come inside where a ton of people are actually warm and having a blast. It's okay to play a sports game that is not perfect.
You're responding as if I said there IS NOT a single player mode in Madden.
I said their direction is clear.
I don't like playing online, and I despise MUT. MUT will be the death knoll for single player offline play.
I'm glad you like it, glad you enjoy the game....I don't. Simple as that.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:53 AM   #544
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Hyperbole
It's not hyperbole

Quote:
Madden has a franchise mode and plenty of solo player gameplay.

if not millions playing the game solo every year, including this year.
it has a single player offline franchise mode, but it is extremely lacking and pretty bad. Less and less are playing it. I know I stopped.

Quote:
to say there is not football is beyond ridiculous.
I believe he was talking about single player, offline franchise. There he is not beyond ridiculous.

Quote:
You can still play a season with your favorite team. You can play in an online league.
And none of those are single player, offline franchise, which is what he was talking about.

Quote:
You aren't left in the cold.
You are if what you enjoy is a single player, offline franchise mode.

Quote:
That's just you being too stubborn to come inside where a ton of people are actually warm and having a blast. It's okay to play a sports game that is not perfect.
Sounds like you are the one actually being to stubborn, bringing up things that are completely outside of what he was addressing and then calling him names like stubborn and hyperbolic.

How many times does someone have to say single player, offline franchise for you to address single player, offline franchise. Why call him stubborn and hyperbolic over what are legitimate concerns on his part.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »