Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
And yet, EA put out how many patches? The fact that they do so little to fix all that is broken, while being a huge company, is telling.
The "other companies" spend MORE money developing their sports games, do FAR more communication with their customers, and keep a steady stream of fixes for known problems.
EA mostly disappears (except some Twitter interactions) as soon as the game released...then we wait, many times for MONTHS, before we finally maybe have what we SHOULD have had the day we purchased their game. And a lot of the issues don't ever get fixed.
And it becomes rinse and repeat, to the point where this has somehow become ACCEPTABLE to the point where people are even defending this?? It's crazy.
The people that continue to accept this and get pissed off when people call EA out on it, are exactly why it continues.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Couple things here, one being you missed the point of the comment. My point was if everyone has to release an unfinished game to meet a deadline every year, then the system is broke. Someone needs to think outside the box and figure out a way to approach this from a different angle. The rest, well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #50
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
And yet, EA put out how many patches? The fact that they do so little to fix all that is broken, while being a huge company, is telling.
The "other companies" spend MORE money developing their sports games, do FAR more communication with their customers, and keep a steady stream of fixes for known problems.
EA mostly disappears (except some Twitter interactions) as soon as the game released...then we wait, many times for MONTHS, before we finally maybe have what we SHOULD have had the day we purchased their game. And a lot of the issues don't ever get fixed.
And it becomes rinse and repeat, to the point where this has somehow become ACCEPTABLE to the point where people are even defending this?? It's crazy.
The people that continue to accept this and get pissed off when people call EA out on it, are exactly why it continues.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
We allowed it to become acceptable because no matter how little they do, people will buy the new Madden.

It is sad to see the number of excuses that people come up with for this game whether it is fans or developers making those excuses. However there just becomes a point where you have to cut your loses and face the music that is that EA is incompetent of keeping up with other companies sports titles.

If EA put the effort into Madden that they did in coming up with excuses for this game, we would be lightyears ahead.

They don't care about Franchise Mode, and EA has made no effort to prove me wrong. I hope they do prove me wrong, but they won't.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:10 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I'm not commenting on Live because the info I have on that is limited. I am simply stating the "road map" laid out by crimson of doom and gloom isn't something I have heard from people on the inside. Maybe he has better connections then me, but from what I hear they are optimistic about resource allocation heading in to 19. That can all change when they hit the "big decision" meetings here soon.
Whatever you have heard about "Resource allocation" doesn't provide any indication of direction those resources are going in. You both could be right. Optimism about resource allocation could be true, while the direction of franchise laid out by crimson could also be true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #52
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
So we all know that one of the reasons EA didn't work on CFM in Madden this year was because of Longshot and the franchise guys that worked on NBA Live 18 right? Well here's the problem, NBA Live 18.

Pastapadre released a review of the game and the details about it's Franchise mode are extremely alarming. This isn't just a battle between Live and 2k. There are issues, glaring issues.

Here is the full review but I'll snip the meaty stuff:

PastaPadre NBA Live 18 Review

This makes me extremely worried about the future of Madden's CFM because of the below, read on.

Yes of course this is an NBA Live 18 review in a Madden forum, but that's the problem. The same devs that worked on this franchise mode. The ones that were pulled away from our Madden CFM were working on Live 18's franchise mode and it's not looking very good.

It's worrisome, at the least.

And thats why EA really should just forget making basketball, because unless you have basketball junkies as devs, like NBA2k has, the game will never even be remotely close to the competition.
I really had hopes of buying Madden this yr, as I quit giving them money probably 5 or 6 yrs ago, do to the lack of effort put forth Dynasty/franchise, CCM, whatever you want to call it. I only play franchise mode no matter whether its football, basketball, baseball or soccer, although Im not much of a soccer fan, but I have enjoyed FIFA a couple yeas ago when I bought it.
But hearing that there was little to no effort put forth in CFM, I guess I will once again have to do without a football game.

Is last yr Madden worht the purchase? Has 18 improved at all in CFM, as in simulated stats? Big reason why I gave up Madden is Im OCD about stats, and I got so sick of the crap stats for Madden each yr.
I really hate not having a football game to play, but if sim stats are accurate, in CFM, and the AI happens to be smarter than it use to be, would it be worth getting Madden18 when price drops? Thanks

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-12-2017, 01:00 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Whatever you have heard about "Resource allocation" doesn't provide any indication of direction those resources are going in. You both could be right. Optimism about resource allocation could be true, while the direction of franchise laid out by crimson could also be true.
I think you are mixing up multiple responses here. Resource allocation is in regards to how much work will be done towards CFM improvements in 19. Vision wise what Crimson laid out has not be told to me by any of my contacts at EA. Could it happen, sure anything is possible, however that is counter intuitive to what I have heard from some conversations. I will say if that happens, my belief is there would be a lot of turnover inside of the CFM development team.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:25 PM   #54
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Guys, its only year 1 of NBA Live's new franchise mode. They obviously couldn't get to everything for this year. But this year they laid the foundation for the future. Please make detailed lists of things you want in for the future.

Sarcasms of course. Look, its disappointing but it just confirms what we know. Franchise mode just isn't a priority and they are content with doing just enough to have something 1 level above community outrage. Given that Madden is the only game in town they can get away with it, and from an economic perspective who is to say they are wrong? No so with NBA Live which is years away from making a dent into 2K.

I will say that the 2K blog may be the thing which forced EA's hand on putting more into madden's franchise mode. So I am holding onto optimism on that front until shown otherwise.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:28 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
And thats why EA really should just forget making basketball, because unless you have basketball junkies as devs, like NBA2k has, the game will never even be remotely close to the competition.
I really had hopes of buying Madden this yr, as I quit giving them money probably 5 or 6 yrs ago, do to the lack of effort put forth Dynasty/franchise, CCM, whatever you want to call it. I only play franchise mode no matter whether its football, basketball, baseball or soccer, although Im not much of a soccer fan, but I have enjoyed FIFA a couple yeas ago when I bought it.
But hearing that there was little to no effort put forth in CFM, I guess I will once again have to do without a football game.

Is last yr Madden worht the purchase? Has 18 improved at all in CFM, as in simulated stats? Big reason why I gave up Madden is Im OCD about stats, and I got so sick of the crap stats for Madden each yr.
I really hate not having a football game to play, but if sim stats are accurate, in CFM, and the AI happens to be smarter than it use to be, would it be worth getting Madden18 when price drops? Thanks

Wait until the price drops or get 17. This madden is just updated graphics and rosters when it comes to cfm pretty much. Im like you I only play sports games for franchise mode and Madden 18 cfm is a let down. Its a mode that hasnt been touched in years with multi year issues that they ignore when asked about.

I used to buy EA's sports games every year: NBA, NHL, Madden, Fifa I stopped doing that 5+ years ago and now buy one maybe every 3 years. Obviously the lost revenue from people like me is being made up by MUT.

Sitting back and thinking about it Madden hasnt really been good or had breakthrough new features that worked since they had to compete with 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 02:03 PM   #56
MVP

They don't have to make a basketball game comparable to 2k. They are just making a basketball game to be on the shelf and be cometitive in packaging. They will get plenty of sales just from that without making a game anywhere near the class from unknowing customers. With madden, they dont have a competitor by design so they have to put forth little effort to make money. You don't get to come back with a game for the solo offline guys again where punts go 90 yards and qb's rarely run the ball which were the two biggest issues last year and get to pretend to give a ****. They do not care in any meaningful way. Caring requires action. unless your a toddler or infant your actions show how much you care. EA cares about maximizing profit. When competition is taken out of the equation on how to do that consumers always get screwed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »