Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-24-2017, 08:45 AM   #585
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

I will tell you this. We have been running one of the best full 32 users sim franchises on Operation Sports for years now. I have never seen such a mass Exodus of players quitting and we aren't even done with season 1.

It's insane. A revolving door of users because people get bored with the game too quickly because it's the same old, or all the issues that it has that I'm not going to bother to rehash here as it's been done many times in this thread. Then you add in the fact that there are just way too many leagues going on Operation Sports right now to be able to keep any of them full...

I'll be shocked if we haven't packed it up by the end of season 2 this year around Xmas, where usually we play five or six seasons well into April or May.

EA is lucky that 2K is kind of struggling right now. The entire Sports Market is ripe for an Innovative game to come in and take a lot of the user base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2017, 10:09 AM   #586
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameface1324
I will tell you this. We have been running one of the best full 32 users sim franchises on Operation Sports for years now. I have never seen such a mass Exodus of players quitting and we aren't even done with season 1.

It's insane. A revolving door of users because people get bored with the game too quickly because it's the same old, or all the issues that it has that I'm not going to bother to rehash here as it's been done many times in this thread. Then you add in the fact that there are just way too many leagues going on Operation Sports right now to be able to keep any of them full...

I'll be shocked if we haven't packed it up by the end of season 2 this year around Xmas, where usually we play five or six seasons well into April or May.

EA is lucky that 2K is kind of struggling right now. The entire Sports Market is ripe for an Innovative game to come in and take a lot of the user base.
Been reading a lot of the same. And yeah, it would be intriguing if some company could come in and make a generic football game, but probably isnt worth it without the license. Think the community is coming to a boiling point with Madden (hopefully), I mean, this one month old thread is 74 pages already lol.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 10-24-2017, 10:13 AM   #587
MVP

OVR: 2
Madden's future of CFM is alarming

My group of four players are grinding through our second season. It stinks but I cannot see us going another season.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:25 AM   #588
MVP

OVR: 19

Donít know if this violates TOS here by linking (I apologize if so), but definitely goes to the heart of the OP and gives a glimps at the mindset of Rex as it pertains to CFM going forward.

He starts at the 39:00 mark and whatís relevant to the OP topic stops at 1:04:20 (the rest is not worth your time listening to as Rex is no longer on and the discussion isnít about CFM anymore)
https://youtu.be/absz0ljwnro
Old 10-27-2017, 04:56 AM   #589
Rookie

bloobloouk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Donít know if this violates TOS here by linking (I apologize if so), but definitely goes to the heart of the OP and gives a glimps at the mindset of Rex as it pertains to CFM going forward.

He starts at the 39:00 mark and whatís relevant to the OP topic stops at 1:04:20 (the rest is not worth your time listening to as Rex is no longer on and the discussion isnít about CFM anymore)
Progression reward loop sounds terrible and not at all what I'm looking for in a game. The progression I care about is developing my franchise in a realistic manner and the reward I get is managing to win games and potentially a Super Bowl. Live content is not going to get me to play more, if anything it will encourage me to play less. "Win another superbowl, win another superbowl, win another superbowl" does lack reward - because the game doesn't provide the reward it should because it is far too easy when playing the CPU!

Just make the game work, add the features that people are asking for. Implement DeuceDouglas' plan for CFM and I'll be happy. Stop trying to make CFM like all of the other games on the market. I don't play those other games because I don't enjoy them!
Old 10-27-2017, 07:35 AM   #590
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib

As an offline franchise mode player, I found Rex's comments to be demoralizing. I think I heard him mention Destiny and COD, and all I could think of was he was trying to turn franchise into loot drops and "farming" for stuff. Personally, couldn't have been further away from the things I want to see in franchise.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:28 AM   #591
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I will say it yet again.

We are dinosaurs guys. The 12-25 year old demographic plays the ultimate team card modes. It has totally taken over sports games and is a huge market. Just huge.

I am just happy I still have franchise modes in games these days.

The landscape of sports gaming has drastically changed since the move to the PS3 and now PS4. It’s just reality. We can pound sand all we want. But mainstream sports games are not going to be deep text simulation franchise mode games.

Never ever.

And they don’t have to be. I am a huge fan of The Show and 2K18 and those franchise modes also have their share of bad AI and issues. And go into those forums and you will see the venom as well. Yet for me they function well enough for me to have fun and make “it” work.

I am done thinking and day dreaming about amazing franchise modes in sports games. Just give me great AI.....I want top of the line AI in this day and age (to me with the power the consoles provide it should be better for offline solitaire gamers like us).

Features? They are far and few being added cycle to cycle. Why? Because the resources are clearly going into online/card modes. It is simply reality.

So for me coming to grips with that (and this was the year I did) has liberated me from worrying about more being added into franchise mode and my energies have gone into 32 team control, house rules, and creating a robust universe for myself at my pace (no more will I be purchasing yearly sports titles....done done done). I don’t have to race and finish a season before the next version comes out anymore.

Nope. I have turned a new leaf. I am not giving them anymore money for years. I have spent thousands on sports titles since my earliest days of playing games.

Adapt or die. Simple as that. You can’t fight the overwhelming momentum of this new generation of sports gamers who love card modes and don’t even sniff franchise modes.

It’s BS. Kids are playing card modes. Not franchise mode. That is where most of the resources and focus goes into sports games.

Fortunately IMO 2K and The Show have competent and deep franchise modes (although go into the general forums and you will read a different tune of how they suck).

Madden just needs to make moderate improvements with CPU progression being balanced with the human player and re-wriitng CPU AI. Until that happens Madden is now dead to me moving forward. M18 is my last hurrah unless the AI is greatly re-worked. I can simply play M16-M18 for years and years.....they are all basically the same game to me (and I have loads of great classic rosters for all 3).

Adapt or die.

Pounding sand to me is futile and a waste of energy. We are not the target market at all. Come on guys.....wake up.
NBA 2K22

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2017, 08:49 AM   #592
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I will say it yet again.

We are dinosaurs guys. The 12-25 year old demographic plays the ultimate team card modes. It has totally taken over sports games and is a huge market. Just huge.

I am just happy I still have franchise modes in games these days.

The landscape of sports gaming has drastically changed since the move to the PS3 and now PS4. Itís just reality. We can pound sand all we want. But mainstream sports games are not going to be deep text simulation franchise mode games.

Never ever.

And they donít have to be. I am a huge fan of The Show and 2K18 and those franchise modes also have their share of bad AI and issues. And go into those forums and you will see the venom as well. Yet for me they function well enough for me to have fun and make ďitĒ work.

I am done thinking and day dreaming about amazing franchise modes in sports games. Just give me great AI.....I want top of the line AI in this day and age (to me with the power the consoles provide it should be better for offline solitaire gamers like us).

Features? They are far and few being added cycle to cycle. Why? Because the resources are clearly going into online/card modes. It is simply reality.

So for me coming to grips with that (and this was the year I did) has liberated me from worrying about more being added into franchise mode and my energies have gone into 32 team control, house rules, and creating a robust universe for myself at my pace (no more will I be purchasing yearly sports titles....done done done). I donít have to race and finish a season before the next version comes out anymore.

Nope. I have turned a new leaf. I am not giving them anymore money for years. I have spent thousands on sports titles since my earliest days of playing games.

Adapt or die. Simple as that. You canít fight the overwhelming momentum of this new generation of sports gamers who love card modes and donít even sniff franchise modes.

Itís BS. Kids are playing card modes. Not franchise mode. That is where most of the resources and focus goes into sports games.

Fortunately IMO 2K and The Show have competent and deep franchise modes (although go into the general forums and you will read a different tune of how they suck).

Madden just needs to make moderate improvements with CPU progression being balanced with the human player and re-wriitng CPU AI. Until that happens Madden is now dead to me moving forward. M18 is my last hurrah unless the AI is greatly re-worked. I can simply play M16-M18 for years and years.....they are all basically the same game to me (and I have loads of great classic rosters for all 3).

Adapt or die.

Pounding sand to me is futile and a waste of energy. We are not the target market at all. Come on guys.....wake up.

I agree with a lot of what you say. I diverge from your points in that i believe there is a market for a AAA level franchise football game. While it wouldn't be as profitable as the card modes it would make a nice profit and be worth the investment to any game maker. What prevents this is the exclusivity agreement EA has with the NFL and the legal hurdles of making a college game. EA will not spend the money to make such a game because to them 90% of the people that would purchase the game for that AAA level franchise game are going to buy the game they put out anyway. Therefore, it doesn't make business sense to them to do so. That is the main reason we will never have a great franchise mode. Competition breeds creativity and innovation and the absence of competition breeds stagnation and a concentration on easy money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »