Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2017, 05:07 PM   #601
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,775
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I agree with a lot of what you say. I diverge from your points in that i believe there is a market for a AAA level franchise football game. While it wouldn't be as profitable as the card modes it would make a nice profit and be worth the investment to any game maker. What prevents this is the exclusivity agreement EA has with the NFL and the legal hurdles of making a college game. EA will not spend the money to make such a game because to them 90% of the people that would purchase the game for that AAA level franchise game are going to buy the game they put out anyway. Therefore, it doesn't make business sense to them to do so. That is the main reason we will never have a great franchise mode. Competition breeds creativity and innovation and the absence of competition breeds stagnation and a concentration on easy money.
They tried before and that was the result of Head Coach. Not enough interest to continue making the game.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2017, 05:14 PM   #602
MVP
 
Toupal's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2014
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They tried before and that was the result of Head Coach. Not enough interest to continue making the game.
And as opposed to exporting features from head coach to Madden, EA notoriously scrapped everything.

This company is famous for wiping the slate clean and leaving the good features behind with the negative features.

I'd put money the Madden axes CFM before we ever see anything close to DD's mock-up.
Toupal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:48 PM   #603
Pro
 
triplechin's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Don’t know if this violates TOS here by linking (I apologize if so), but definitely goes to the heart of the OP and gives a glimps at the mindset of Rex as it pertains to CFM going forward.

He starts at the 39:00 mark and what’s relevant to the OP topic stops at 1:04:20 (the rest is not worth your time listening to as Rex is no longer on and the discussion isn’t about CFM anymore)
https://youtu.be/absz0ljwnro
I think it is a dumb concept and sounds too much like 2K's VC (I know he mentioned he didn't want it to necessarily be like that, but easily could be the road it leads down to).

Some easy ones would be to earn different celebrations and be able to trigger them like in FIFA. Different colored balls, cleats, jerseys. I was confused if he was saying that the NFL doesn't allow them to or if he meant he doesn't think we want that. Anyone would be fine with optional cosmetics but if the NFL doesn't allow it then that's just wack. Another easy one would be the ability to unlock historical teams and all star teams and stuff. Just some ideas off the top of my head. I really did not like the ideas being thrown around on the podcast but I'm glad Rex mentioned that they didn't want it to be a competitive advantage, although I could also easily see it winding up that way in the future.

Personally, I think people get bored with franchise because it is bad and there is an obvious lack of effort, not because they have no reward sense after winning a super bowl. There's no immersion or depth to keep people hooked, and it could be remedied by making franchise mode better. These gimmicks aren't needed and anything non cosmetic/outside of franchise mode just doesn't sit right with me.

PS: Check out Progression Overhauled in my signature! Let Rex know when (if) they overhaul franchise that we don't want XP.
__________________
51 & 55

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
triplechin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:48 PM   #604
All Star
 
ggsimmonds's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
The idea that Madden will only add a feature if it affects online play is mind-blowing to me

Madden can easily and all of the features that we have been requesting for franchise mode and it would not affect anyone in a negative way.

So the excuses to not Implement something because you're gearing towards online play is absolutely insane.

Additionally no one on these forums has seen the actual numbers that compare the number of online players to offline players. So to just blatantly say that offline is outnumbered holds no validity.

They have the capabilities to add what we want because many of these features have already been in the game before.

So in the year 2018 why is it that we don't have easy features such as custom draft classes, assistant coaches, historical start tracking, or any of the other ignored requests?


What is the real reason why they put no effort or resources in the franchise?
Why are they not being open and clear with the community?
What is the excuse for Madden 19, 20, and so on?
I'm going to disagree with you to an extent.

They have both online and offline CFMs to worry about. Ideally any feature should improve both types of modes.

Revisit the patch thread. People were unhappy because they felt the patch was shifted more towards MUT. Put yourself in the shoes of an online franchise guy after finding out that most new features would not apply to your league. You will probably not be happy.

Madden has to try to make everyone happy, and all indications are that EA is a bit stingy with giving resources to the developers.

Now I happen to think most of our most requested franchise features could be worthwhile additions to online leagues as well.
ggsimmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:56 PM   #605
Banned
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They tried before and that was the result of Head Coach. Not enough interest to continue making the game.
Not a fair comparison. I don't believe you could actually play the game in Head Coach (control any players). Wasn't the actual game play also coach only? Can't really say how Head Coach would have done if it had fully functional game play.
bucky60 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2017, 06:06 PM   #606
MVP
 
Toupal's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2014
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I'm going to disagree with you to an extent.

They have both online and offline CFMs to worry about. Ideally any feature should improve both types of modes.

Revisit the patch thread. People were unhappy because they felt the patch was shifted more towards MUT. Put yourself in the shoes of an online franchise guy after finding out that most new features would not apply to your league. You will probably not be happy.

Madden has to try to make everyone happy, and all indications are that EA is a bit stingy with giving resources to the developers.

Now I happen to think most of our most requested franchise features could be worthwhile additions to online leagues as well.
The bold was the point I was trying to make. What I am getting at is there are numerous features that are applicable to both offline and online franchise.

Madden 18 only tailored their franchise additions to online only. This left a lot of offline fans in the dust.

What I am advocating for our features that benefit both. Features such as:
Assistant coaches
Historical stat tracking
Trade finder/ calculator
Custom draft classes
Create a team
Create uniforms
Better CPU AI
Hall of fame/ legacy tracker
In game updates across the league
More commissioner tools
Coaching and scouts that matter
Weekly wrap up shows
An organized news feed

These are just some ideas. I'd love to see people add more to this list.
Toupal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:23 PM   #607
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,775
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Not a fair comparison. I don't believe you could actually play the game in Head Coach (control any players). Wasn't the actual game play also coach only? Can't really say how Head Coach would have done if it had fully functional game play.
Very true, but the franchise mode was deep.

My point was, even with a deep franchise mode and not fully functional game play, the deep franchise mode game wasn't fully supported.

Is there that low of an audience that only play coach mode in CFM? I don't know.

If there was a fully functional coach mode in franchise mode, I'd be all over that.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:23 PM   #608
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2010
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Not a fair comparison. I don't believe you could actually play the game in Head Coach (control any players). Wasn't the actual game play also coach only? Can't really say how Head Coach would have done if it had fully functional game play.
Yes, you're right. And you have to add that the game had past-gen graphics and game play engine. Whether intentional or not, that game was severely handicapped from having a fair shot to pull in a bigger audience. I thought the point back then was to show us what they were capable of doing for a "franchise" mode, then begin to implement that into Madden. All it needed was the "Madden" game play/graphics treatment, some standard polishing, and some "life" that gets asked for annually from Madden. Had I known back then that they would just completely scrap all the great ideas and pretend it never existed, I would have appreciated that game so much more.
deu22ces is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 AM.

Top -