Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2017, 08:04 PM   #609
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

[quote=roadman;2049088112]They tried before and that was the result of Head Coach. Not enough interest to continue making the game.[/QUOTEi dont

I don't know whqt the sales of head coach was and i don't believe it was a AAA game gameplay wise. I never played it. It was done during the exclusive agreement so discontinuing it does not necessarily mean it was not profitable as the exclusive agreement just forced those customers to madden and they lost nothing by spending less.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:15 PM   #610
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I played and still own Head Coach 09 on the PS3. The depth of the game is outstanding and it is a true niche game. Think it sold under 200K units. I played the original Head Coach (with Bill Cower on the cover) on the PS2 and it was really cumbersome and 09 was a big improvement. But the actual game played out on the field was subpar and had bugs. It could be mitigated with sliders but it was still meh.

I was certain Madden would take a lot of those features and implement them into Madden 13 when they announced a total rebuild of franchise mode and the developer (Josh Looman?) who was an instrumental designer of Head Coach 09 was head of this new Connected Franchise Mode.

Boy was I wrong about that.

Such a let down they did not use the injury system, the front office and GM features....the playbook IQ features.....so much great stuff inside of Head Coach 2009. Nothing was used. It was all thrown into the trash heap and burned.

Typical EA stuff though. Oh well.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-27-2017, 10:57 PM   #611
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I played and still own Head Coach 09 on the PS3. The depth of the game is outstanding and it is a true niche game. Think it sold under 200K units. I played the original Head Coach (with Bill Cower on the cover) on the PS2 and it was really cumbersome and 09 was a big improvement. But the actual game played out on the field was subpar and had bugs. It could be mitigated with sliders but it was still meh.

I was certain Madden would take a lot of those features and implement them into Madden 13 when they announced a total rebuild of franchise mode and the developer (Josh Looman?) who was an instrumental designer of Head Coach 09 was head of this new Connected Franchise Mode.

Boy was I wrong about that.

Such a let down they did not use the injury system, the front office and GM features....the playbook IQ features.....so much great stuff inside of Head Coach 2009. Nothing was used. It was all thrown into the trash heap and burned.

Typical EA stuff though. Oh well.
The single biggest disappointment in video games over the past 10 or so years for me has been Looman coming over to the Madden team. He was the lead designer on Head Coach so like others I got very excited thinking about the possibilities for Madden's franchise mode.

Yet to say it failed to meet expectations would be a gross understatement because not a single thing was carried over. For the life of me I cannot figure that one out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2017, 09:04 AM   #612
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
The single biggest disappointment in video games over the past 10 or so years for me has been Looman coming over to the Madden team. He was the lead designer on Head Coach so like others I got very excited thinking about the possibilities for Madden's franchise mode.

Yet to say it failed to meet expectations would be a gross understatement because not a single thing was carried over. For the life of me I cannot figure that one out.
I'm not so sure it's all on Josh's shoulders, though.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:48 AM   #613
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds

My biggest disappointment has been the move from ps2/xbox to ps3/xbox 360 for Madden. I'm still puzzled how the move went so smoothly for NCAA yet so many features and details got left behind on Madden
Old 10-28-2017, 11:31 AM   #614
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
My biggest disappointment has been the move from ps2/xbox to ps3/xbox 360 for Madden. I'm still puzzled how the move went so smoothly for NCAA yet so many features and details got left behind on Madden
I was offline in those days and i remember how dumbed down the game got going to the 360. I was so disappointed. At the time i remeber thinking it was due to having to be played on the 360 with no hardrive. I thought it was a waste to go to a new system if that meant the games got worse.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:18 PM   #615
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm not so sure it's all on Josh's shoulders, though.
Agreed, and I didn't intend to imply that it was. Its quite possible he was going to do some things and got overruled
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2017, 09:09 PM   #616
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

i think the best we can hope for is maybe season mode inside cfm

we are never gonna get custom draft classes or tats basic had 2k just charage 60$ instead of 20$ for 2k5 we wouild have got at least 4 more nfl 2ks

and had more people brouht all pro football and nfl head coach 09 then someone might had tried a blank football game and let the moddes custommike it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »