Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2017, 04:35 PM   #641
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Posted by 4Verts on Twitter:

From EA earnings report

More than 50% of Madden NFL 18 players engaged in the "Longshot" story mode through Q2.
3:16 PM - 1 Nov 2017
Also interesting to look at the growth in "Live Services". This is where DLC, MUT purchases, and EA Access would fall. It make sense looking at their financials that they are pushing hard to find a way to incorporate something into CFM. Now to be fair Battlefront II recently pulled pay to win stuff from their loot crates, so I think the push now (confirmed a bit by Rex's comments) may be more ways to get non "Pay 2 win" content in all game modes across all titles. From a financial standpoint, their revenue is growing pretty rapidly while their cost on that revenue is staying flat and declining in some cases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2017, 07:00 PM   #642
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Posted by 4Verts on Twitter:

From EA earnings report

More than 50% of Madden NFL 18 players engaged in the "Longshot" story mode through Q2.

3:16 PM - 1 Nov 2017

People needed to get those MUT Cards! I would be interested to see how many finished the mode. Did it have those numbers?
Old 11-01-2017, 07:04 PM   #643
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
People needed to get those MUT Cards! I would be interested to see how many finished the mode. Did it have those numbers?
It did not.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:18 PM   #644
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
It did not.
That is why I have a hard time buying into the statistics they gather and release...

I always hear about how franchise mode players are the minority to Madden, however I have never seen any real proof to support these statements.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:49 PM   #645
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
That is why I have a hard time buying into the statistics they gather and release...

I always hear about how franchise mode players are the minority to Madden, however I have never seen any real proof to support these statements.
I firmly believe that they use these "numbers" to push their own agenda, and hope to shut up the detractors, thinking we are so vastly outnumbered that our opinions mean nothing, so we may as well be quiet.
I played about 20 minutes of Longshot, and realized if THIS is what they came up with in 4 years of development, the whole games in real trouble.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2017, 08:17 AM   #646
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal

Remember this is a corporations financials. They are just giving some benchmarks to investors about growth not any real in depth breakdowns.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:57 AM   #647
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Not sure how NBA Live's franchise mode, which is presumably being built from scratch under really aggressive time constraints due to the turmoil that game has been through over the past decade, is relevant at all to the future of Madden's franchise mode, which is an infinitely more mature and stable, if imperfect, feature.
Same company...same publisher...same development studio...same fail

Last edited by Kanobi; 11-02-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:34 PM   #648
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Also interesting to look at the growth in "Live Services". This is where DLC, MUT purchases, and EA Access would fall. It make sense looking at their financials that they are pushing hard to find a way to incorporate something into CFM. Now to be fair Battlefront II recently pulled pay to win stuff from their loot crates, so I think the push now (confirmed a bit by Rex's comments) may be more ways to get non "Pay 2 win" content in all game modes across all titles. From a financial standpoint, their revenue is growing pretty rapidly while their cost on that revenue is staying flat and declining in some cases.
An addendum - Play Now Live, which directly feeds into Franchise, also counts as a live service. To that end, live services for Franchise already exist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »