Madden's future of CFM is alarming - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 09-12-2017, 02:22 PM   #65
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
You are asking what happened to the franchise mode since the PS2 era, when online modes began giving EA more and more data about what their customers were doing with their games, what they spent the most time on, what they spent time on before losing interest and moving on?

Suddenly, the masses were getting their voices heard over the vocal minority of sim gamers, that's what.
Even the devs have come out and stated that the data they get back is misleading.

If data comes back saying "84% of franchise modes started do not make it past the 1st offseason"

They read it as, "Consumers must not have much time to dedicate to this game mode. Lets add things like super-sim and play the moment so they can skip more of the games than they do play them!"

When in reality, the consumer says, "Man, franchise mode is so boring and dull, I wish they had more immersion so I didn't get bored of my franchise by week 5."
Old 09-12-2017, 02:22 PM   #66
Rookie

Should be alot of turnover in the cfm department the mode is well look at mlb the show for how a studio does a franchise mode or 2k studios. Its terrible, doesnt work, and is a joke for a video game in 2017 that something from the late 90's or early 2000's has better options outside of the gameplay.

This isnt just a madden problem its an EA problem across all their sports game franchise/season modes all of them are broken: Madden 17, Fifa 17, NHL 17 not one works like it should. Looks like 2018 wont be any better with the start of madden.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I apologize then I was looking at a different response. Again, I am hearing nothing like what Crimson said as to an episodic approach. There is no both being right in this situation, either he knows people that know something different, or he is simply basing it off his own feelings. The vibe I am getting in general is a positive move forward in both vision and allocation of resources. As I said that could all change in the next month or two, but thats what I am hearing.
I would feel better if you were more specific about what that "move forward" is. All your posts are so vague that both what you say and what crimson says could both be true. A statement of "we are positive about moving forward" says nothing about the direction.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:43 PM   #68
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Sadly gaming is moving online. Peter Moore hinted at this a few years ago at a conference on how Madden was going to focus on online in the future.

Call me old but I hate it. I'm a offline single player franchise guy. Even kept my own stats for 4th And Inches on the Commodore 64 back in the day.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 09-12-2017, 03:13 PM   #69
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

No one should give madden or Live a pass on what their franchise modes have turned into. With live's basically being a joke.

If you look at the trajectory of NBA 2K and apply that to what would have most likely happened with NFL2K....well get ready to cry.

Instead we have a game that can't even do RBBC correctly.

If you like Madden hay, good on ya. I did not but it, but by all accounts it seems to play a decent game of football if your not looking for a sim experience.

Me personally, the game is not even close to being worth my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-12-2017, 03:35 PM   #70
Rookie

TVerts (or anyone else that knows) I'm curious to know if you have any insight and can talk about decisions like tearing down the old franchise in Madden 12 and going the route of CFM?

Reason I ask is this. I remember watching/reading an interview on Madden 12 were a dev/employee stated that something along the lines of "it's your franchise, play it how you want to". The very next year we get CFM. In another interview for that game, a dev/employee stated that CFM was 2 years in the making. Which means they KNEW when they made Madden 12 that they were going to gut franchise, correct?

This year we were told not a lot went into CFM (they weren't kidding!) due to Longshots and NBA Live and the pulling of resources. But then we learn Longshots was 4 years in the making. So I wonder, if resources were already being pulled/shared prior to this year and if that would explain the stagnant state of CFM over the past couple of years.

If you can't speak about it, I understand, just asking. thx!
Old 09-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
TVerts (or anyone else that knows) I'm curious to know if you have any insight and can talk about decisions like tearing down the old franchise in Madden 12 and going the route of CFM?

Reason I ask is this. I remember watching/reading an interview on Madden 12 were a dev/employee stated that something along the lines of "it's your franchise, play it how you want to". The very next year we get CFM. In another interview for that game, a dev/employee stated that CFM was 2 years in the making. Which means they KNEW when they made Madden 12 that they were going to gut franchise, correct?

This year we were told not a lot went into CFM (they weren't kidding!) due to Longshots and NBA Live and the pulling of resources. But then we learn Longshots was 4 years in the making. So I wonder, if resources were already being pulled/shared prior to this year and if that would explain the stagnant state of CFM over the past couple of years.

If you can't speak about it, I understand, just asking. thx!
I'm not sure I am comfortable commenting on this as I don't have all the information to really add much. I can say as far as Live goes, the resource split was John. His time was split between the two games but I don't think development resources themselves were actually pulled.

Check out our EA Developer interview series and more here
Old 09-12-2017, 04:19 PM   #72
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Mike Young needs to head up Franchise Mode. I believe it'll remain lifeless until that happens. Listening to his interview on the Press Row Podcast just confirms to me that this is what needs to happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »