Home

Issues with Madden 2018

This is a discussion on Issues with Madden 2018 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Issues with Madden 2018

There are a number of substantial issues with Madden 2018 that I have encountered so far:

- Lighting effects at night cause major frame-rate issues on PS4 Pro (the game freezes randomly during the play).

-Suction tackles are back in the Frostbyte engine

-Linebackers pick off too many passes/pass defense is too good

-Weather effects are over the top, offense is god-awful and stupidly turnover prone, with no slider to adjust this setting (there used to be).

-field effects are still not dynamic, there are canned field progression (the snow has footprints all over the field, even when you start playing.

-Grass textures are still flat, except in cut-scenes

-Coach animations don't usually line up with what is happening on the field and are very repetitive/dated looking.

-Training staff is non-existent during injuries, players just lay there, why is there no animation for the training crew on the field?.

-Injuries during games away from the ball are not acknowledged by the officiating crew, game does not tell you who was hurt, subs, ect.

-Offsetting penalties do not exist, penalties are not enforced on the kickoff for plays during the extra point/2pt. conversion/other scenarios. In fact, during a 2pt. conversion if a penalty occurs on a interception/fumble return for a 2pt. touchdown, the game will give the other team A FULL TOUCHDOWN when the penalty is accepted (wtf, it should simply be considered a dead play, or 2 pts. for the team forcing the turnover, with penalty assessed on the kickoff).

-Franchise mode is still a mess. Owner mode hasn't been updated in oh, 15 years? No offensive/defensive/special teams coordinators, trainers ands scouts are stupidly basic, to the point where you wonder why they still exist in the game. It is still very easy to predict who the "stars" will be in the draft. Also, the operations aspect of owner mode is so basic it's insulting. I say simply look at the NBA 2k series, which has it's own issues, but a MUCH deeper owner/coach franchise mode. Starters don't care if they're benched, off the field personality issues do not exist (they did in some old NCAA games, players could get suspended for bad grades/infractions iirc).

If it's in the game, it's in the game??? This is just a small list of issues, there's tons more. I enjoy Madden, but this switch to the Frostbyte engine (which is notoriously hard to program for, ask the Mass Effect Andromeda team) hurt the game this year. What do you guys think?

Last edited by csward; 09-12-2017 at 10:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Issues with Madden 2018

This game is a defective item that is covered by EA Games manufacturers Warranty. I would demand a refund.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Already a thread for this...

Madden 18 Bugs/Glitches Thread

Also... "RefundMyMadden" is clearly a trolling account and needs to quit posting everywhere. C'mon man.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:59 PM   #4
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Pass defense is too good? What game are you playing?
Old 09-14-2017, 01:42 AM   #5
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Pass defense is too good? What game are you playing?
Mind games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 07:25 AM   #6
Rookie

I think this might be the most broken Madden game they've ever put out. I'm not one to complain but I'm running into so many issues with this game. I play offline CFM so I know i'm in the minority as far as their demographic is concerned but man they didn't touch that mode and they actually made it worse. Why is it so hard to select all 32 teams? Its a process and its long and tedious and in 2017 I should be able to do all the same things I could in 2003. The game is very glitchy and thats off putting to me. I've been having issues with play the moments and the gameplay itself. Theres way too many INT's still and sure maybe I should get better but I dont think secondary's should pick off almost every ball thrown their way.

The thing is is that its not just a Madden thing. The NHL series has a lot of the same issues. EA sports used to be as good as it gets with games but they've been far surpassed by 2K and MLB the Show.

With as many complaints as Ive been seeing the last few weeks hopefully EA will actually listen to us and give us a better game in the future.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #7
Rookie

No training staff during injuries? Grass doesn't look real? Really???

I'm surprised you didn't mention the lack of post game interviews in the locker room with too many 3 legged hammers walking around...

Last edited by ebdaal21; 09-14-2017 at 12:00 PM. Reason: rephrased to be nicer :-p
Old 09-14-2017, 12:33 PM   #8
Banned

ncbravesfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebdaal21
No training staff during injuries? Grass doesn't look real? Really???

I'm surprised you didn't mention the lack of post game interviews in the locker room with too many 3 legged hammers walking around...

I miss the days when the ambulance would come out on the field. But in all honesty, they need to have more info on the screen when any player gets hurt. If you're controlling the team and need to address the injury, they do but they need something like that for all injuries. Just have a box pop up showing the player, the injury and expected return. That would be helpful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »