Development trait changed automatically? - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Development trait changed automatically?

This is a discussion on Development trait changed automatically? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 09-12-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
Rookie

Slegr's Arena

OVR: 0
Development trait changed automatically?

Hey I remember hearing last year that players had dynamic development traits and could go from say normal to quick through good play and weekly awards, is this true? If so what needs to be done/how long does it take for a players development trait to change without you yourself spending points to do it?
I currently have enough points to upgrade someone from normal to quick but I'd rather save those points for attributes if the development trait can be changed automatically midseason through good performance.
Please guide me on this haha

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 11:43 AM   #2

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Development trait changed automatically?

I didn't see it happen mid-season but when C.J. Beathard won OROY in the NFC his progression went from normal to quick. Beathard didn't even have some great year, only threw like 13-14 TD's along with 12 INT's so the offensive rookies in the NFC must have done nothing for him to win it with those stats. His QBR was something like 91 or so but again, nothing spectacular.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:58 AM   #3
Pro

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I didn't see it happen mid-season but when C.J. Beathard won OROY in the NFC his progression went from normal to quick. Beathard didn't even have some great year, only threw like 13-14 TD's along with 12 INT's so the offensive rookies in the NFC must have done nothing for him to win it with those stats. His QBR was something like 91 or so but again, nothing spectacular.
That's awesome. I forgot about this. Is it just for young players or anyone? Kessler is tearing up my cloud league and I'm hoping his will change at some point from normal to quick.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Whenever a player wins an award, whether it's POW, POY, ROY, QB of the Year, making Pro Bowl, or along those lines, there is a small chance that their development trait will increase. I don't' know the exact %, but in M17 I had Hackenburg go from Slow to Normal after winning a OPOW award, then from Normal to Quick after winning OROY. Also had Robbie Anderson go from normal to quick after making the Pro Bowl and a couple of vets along the way get raised after doing similar things. Had lots of people win those types of awards without going up also, so it's random. I'd guess about 10% of the time, but that may be way off.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:09 PM   #5
Rookie

I've also had it happen to SB players of the game. That's the only time I've seen it happen for POW honors.

My rule is that if a young guy gets a ton of xp at season's end it's usually better to upgrade him and leave the dev trait to chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-12-2017, 10:48 PM   #6
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Question: Does this work in the inverse? Say a player suffers a season ending torn ACL. Does he shift from normal to slow?
Old 09-13-2017, 08:40 AM   #7
Rookie

Oldsmobile19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
Question: Does this work in the inverse? Say a player suffers a season ending torn ACL. Does he shift from normal to slow?
Not sure if dev trait will go in reverse due to injury but it definitely will due to very poor play. We had a guy in our M17 CFM that was not so good. He drafted a Superstar development quarterback 1st overall, threw so many ints thru a few years we looked up and the QB was normal development.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »