When is it safe to start Franchise? - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

When is it safe to start Franchise?

This is a discussion on When is it safe to start Franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 09-12-2017, 08:01 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: When is it safe to start Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelicce
Remember the good old days when you plunked down $60 bucks took your game home and it played just the way it should, how bad has it become now? We now have to wait weeks for patches that aren't really fixes to the game and sometimes mess it up more. Is it to much to ask for a game at launch that is playable.
No actually I remember plunking down 60 bucks for sports games that had some serious bugs and being stuck with them till the next version came out....because there was no such thing as patches back then.
NBA 2K18 2017/18 Miami Heat MyGM
Madden 18 - Miami Dolphins YR 1 (2-11)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-12-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:08 PM   #10
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
No actually I remember plunking down 60 bucks for sports games that had some serious bugs and being stuck with them till the next version came out....because there was not such thing as patches back then.
I also remember this. If there was a major bug or problem there was no fix until the following year. There was also no roster updates, tunning or even forums like this to communicate directly with the devs. Nostalgia is always a lot greater in hindsight.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:39 PM   #11
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Never. It's never safe.

In my case at least. Rosters will be updated, patches and tuners will be released, there's always something to give you that urge to restart, 'do it better' the next time, 'it'll be better with these updates', etc. etc.

This year I decided to jump in and start. No waiting on day 1 rosters, no waiting for the fixes, just jump in and enjoy it best I could. Why? After year one the relevance of day 1 rosters is gone, as the CPU has cut rookies, signed FAs, gone through Free Agency and drafted their replacements.

Once Play Now Live is tweaked/fixed, once a few patches come out, once the mode changes enough, and I have played my current one to wits end, and I'm ready for something new, I will see how the mode has changed.

Untill then, I'll rock the out-of-the-box CFM experience as long as I can.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:58 PM   #12
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person that has never really played sports games solo. Pre pc gaming I played vs friends side by side. In the very late 90s I played pc sports games online and then moved to daddy leagues, EA locker, and current style online leagues.

I want to play a solo CFM, I try to......its just so bad.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 09-12-2017, 10:15 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelicce
Remember the good old days when you plunked down $60 bucks took your game home and it played just the way it should, how bad has it become now? We now have to wait weeks for patches that aren't really fixes to the game and sometimes mess it up more. Is it to much to ask for a game at launch that is playable.
Yep sports games have way more major issues then ever before. I think the reason is that we only have 1 NFL game, 1 NHL and 1 MLB game so they don't have to put the effort to get sales like they used to when there where like 2 games for each sport.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:30 PM   #14
MVP

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Never. It's never safe.

In my case at least. Rosters will be updated, patches and tuners will be released, there's always something to give you that urge to restart, 'do it better' the next time, 'it'll be better with these updates', etc. etc.

This year I decided to jump in and start. No waiting on day 1 rosters, no waiting for the fixes, just jump in and enjoy it best I could. Why? After year one the relevance of day 1 rosters is gone, as the CPU has cut rookies, signed FAs, gone through Free Agency and drafted their replacements.

Once Play Now Live is tweaked/fixed, once a few patches come out, once the mode changes enough, and I have played my current one to wits end, and I'm ready for something new, I will see how the mode has changed.

Yeah I just dive right in to it. When I play The Show I find myself waiting for the perfect rosters and half a season goes by when I could have been playing the game. Now I just try to not sweat the stuff that isn't right and enjoy for what it is, a game
Old 09-12-2017, 10:42 PM   #15
Closer

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Never. It's never safe.

Exactly what I did
Old 09-13-2017, 09:28 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Never. It's never safe.

I just want to say this was extremely well written. My buddies and I play an online franchise together and we have for years. And we used to always start with the opening day rosters because thats when you would always get the most accurate ratings in my opinion before reaction to them playing would change the ratings every week. But NFL rosters change almost daily and with my Madden OCD I would find myself constantly wanting to restart but I finally realized you cant. Get the rosters as best you can and go. You can always find workarounds and when you play an online franchise 99% of the fixes dont require a restart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »