Home

Forbes article on lack of Team Customization & Highlight Show

This is a discussion on Forbes article on lack of Team Customization & Highlight Show within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2018, 09:59 PM   #1
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4
Forbes article on lack of Team Customization & Highlight Show

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma.../#3f48aac11baf

interesting that the NFL is basically putting their foot down and preventing EA from giving us a sandbox football game. They are too damn protective of their brand. Does anybody think less of the NBA because of 2k's create a team? I just don't get the logic. Unfortunately my sense is they will NEVER loosen up on this front...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 10:09 PM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Forbes article on lack of Team Customization & Highlight Show

To be expected. I am not a fan of the NFL as a business. I do not like the commissioner one bit. I believe the business structure and rules are way too strict. The fact that a team which moved, like the Rams, are stuck in uniform limbo is just a surface issue of what pushes me to dislike the NFL business.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:11 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Who knows what all the NFL limits. Ben only mentioned they weren't allowed to do anything with Las Vegas nicknames. It's hard for me to take that info and assume the NFL is the reason behind a lot of absent items.

― Plato
Old 06-19-2018, 10:22 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Who knows what all the NFL limits. Ben only mentioned they weren't allowed to do anything with Las Vegas nicknames. It's hard for me to take that info and assume the NFL is the reason behind a lot of absent items.
People would assume so since the NFL and the owners that make up the NFL have been the reason as to why certain things are not in the games any more
Old 06-19-2018, 10:31 PM   #5
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma.../#3f48aac11baf

interesting that the NFL is basically putting their foot down and preventing EA from giving us a sandbox football game. They are too damn protective of their brand. Does anybody think less of the NBA because of 2k's create a team? I just don't get the logic. Unfortunately my sense is they will NEVER loosen up on this front...
It's all because of that one guy who made the pink Raiders jerseys. It was all downhill after that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 10:41 PM   #6
MVP

briz1046's Arena

The NFL certainly does limit some content , as mentioned relocation and uniform design has restrictions , also suspensions , injuries and anything which shows the league or it's players in a bad light ( though some of this ,ie slow progression or bad character issues is probably more a NFLPA issue )

How far this goes I don't think anybody outside EA knows but it may even extend to not introducing high character traits as this by implication infers other players have a lesser character

However I'd be fairly certain that neither the NFL or NFLPA is holding Maddden back in other regards like progress in systems in general , correct application of rules in PS , and other lacking CFM elements or gameplay in any respect
Old 06-19-2018, 10:48 PM   #7
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

I can understand the league not wanting to highlight PED use or CTE (Head Injuries). Those issues reflect negatively on the league, and can impact public perception that can have a negative monetary effect. I can even get the NFLPA not wanting any of its members being demonized as bad character...again potential perception issues and $$$ impact on its members. What I cant understand is how making new teams to add to the league can reasonably impact the brand in any way. Its not the league that is producing the content. Its random people, I think the entire madden community gets that and doesnt hold the NFL responsible for it. I dunno no fun league I guess....
Old 06-19-2018, 10:49 PM   #8
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm sure the NFL says not to certain things being added to the game but EA could still add in other things that were in the game in the past and improve on things that are already in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »