Home

Red Zone Pass Plays

This is a discussion on Red Zone Pass Plays within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2017, 12:46 PM   #9
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Red Zone Pass Plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Ah, I was thinking of stick from a Ace set with 11 personnel, where the TE plants the stick and the slot runs a quick out. That play is no good for me down close to the endzone. But stick from a different set should work nicely.

I bet running it from a formation like Ace slot twin TE would work well. The two TEs give you the stick/flat combo, while the twin WRs can give you a slant/flat combo.
I'm only at week 4 (plus 4 preseason games) so I'm still finding out which plays work from which formations. The goal-line Stick play I've found most effective, if I'm remembering correctly, is out of the shotgun with an empty backfield. QB Draw is one of the audibles, so if the defense is spread thin (or has tended on previous plays to heavily zone the flanks), I can risk my QB's life to score a TD. Even in 17, not all slant plays were good inside the 5. There were more many formations from which the QB would throw to the flat (despite my coach mode ranting) for 0 to negative yards. Those formations I learned to avoid through trial and error. It will be the same with Stick in 18, I suppose.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:30 PM   #10
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

A levels concept can work as well. Just make sure, if you throw the ball to the receiver running the back line, that you throw a high-bullet pass with L1. Otherwise, you're asking for trouble. You want it to be a situation where either your receiver is coming down with it, or no one is. Also be aware that it takes a little longer for those dig routes to develop. If they blitz, you aren't going to have much time. However, if they blitz, that means they are probably in man coverage, so having a hot route that's good against man on the other side of the formation would be a good idea.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:33 PM   #11
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I like to go with the fade to a tall WR with a good Spec Catch and Jumping ratings. Dez Bryant is great at this.

If I have a mobile QB, I also like the empty-set QB Draw.

These are both mainly "close to the goal line" plays as opposed to just "inside the 20" plays, admittedly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 06:09 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah I should have titled it goal to go pass plays instead of red zone. I'll try a lot of these suggestions, going 5 wide sounds like what I need to do because there is just too much traffic over the middle when everyone is in tight
Old 09-13-2017, 07:35 PM   #13
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Any Levels concept with a TE doing a corner route.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:18 PM   #14
MVP

If you like to have 2 receivers on one side, I always liked a slant or spot route for the outside receiver and a zig or corner route for the inside receiver. These work similarly to pick plays (oops, RUB plays. Pick plays are illegal!).

For a 3 receiver set, having the inside #3 receiver on a corner route works really well depending on the matchup. He will likely have a smaller nickel back covering him, or a slower LB on him. Either way, that is a great look.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:46 PM   #15
Banned

BDrizz's Arena

I use the bench plays. A lot. They work well especially with tight ends
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2017, 11:54 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDrizz
I use the bench plays. A lot. They work well especially with tight ends
What other plays do you call from that set?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »