Home

Red Zone Pass Plays

This is a discussion on Red Zone Pass Plays within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2017, 12:59 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Red Zone Pass Plays

What are some recommended pass plays or concepts when you're around your opponents five yard line or closer? I seem to be an interception machine when I try throwing from this area. I don't have any jump ball guys so fades aren't an option for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 01:02 AM   #2
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Red Zone Pass Plays

My favorite are spot concepts. Or anything we're a WR does an slant to curl. Drags too

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-13-2017, 04:14 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I second spot concepts. Also spacing works for me. Drags not so much. Slant flats are good. If you have the guy, fade is excellent as well.

Most successful plays are PA out of goalline though. PA spot is great for either the FB in the flat or the TE on the corner.

If you are a quick decision maker, spacing out of 5 wide sets is excellent
Old 09-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #4
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
What are some recommended pass plays or concepts when you're around your opponents five yard line or closer? I seem to be an interception machine when I try throwing from this area. I don't have any jump ball guys so fades aren't an option for me
In M17 Slants were very good; still OK this year but just OK. Stick works OK, too. From a little further out, Texas (HB angle) is often effective.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:00 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
In M17 Slants were very good; still OK this year but just OK. Stick works OK, too. From a little further out, Texas (HB angle) is often effective.
I'd disagree with using stick within the 5, and that is one of the staple plays in my offense. In my opinion it is too crowded for that kind of horizontal stretch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 11:12 AM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Slants all the way. It's best run out of shotgun so you have more time and it's good to have a power back in the formation in case they line up in a pass defense you can audible to the inside zone. I like the shotgun formation that isolates my #1 receiver on the left so he has a clear lane.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:16 AM   #7
MVP

I like the stick out of a 21 set with the wr running a slant on the opposite side. If they press my slant he is my first read (he has great release). If not i read fb flat then the stick. I agree if you have a great receiving hb the angle route is hard to beat. I love that on third and medium more than by the goal line though.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:23 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I'd disagree with using stick within the 5, and that is one of the staple plays in my offense. In my opinion it is too crowded for that kind of horizontal stretch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I like the stick out of a 21 set with the wr running a slant on the opposite side. If they press my slant he is my first read (he has great release). If not i read fb flat then the stick. I agree if you have a great receiving hb the angle route is hard to beat. I love that on third and medium more than by the goal line though.
Ah, I was thinking of stick from a Ace set with 11 personnel, where the TE plants the stick and the slot runs a quick out. That play is no good for me down close to the endzone. But stick from a different set should work nicely.

I bet running it from a formation like Ace slot twin TE would work well. The two TEs give you the stick/flat combo, while the twin WRs can give you a slant/flat combo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »