Home

Pass Rush is OP

This is a discussion on Pass Rush is OP within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2017, 03:30 PM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Pass Rush is OP

A few suggestions:
  • Are you using slide protection to combat against overload zone blitzes?
  • Are you identifying overload blitzes pre-snap with ID The Mike?
  • Are you keeping enough blockers in to protect against blitzes? (i.e. if the defense is sending 6 guys and you only have your 5 OLs blocking, do you hot-route your RB or TE to a blocker)
  • Are you hot-routing receivers to quick-hitting routes in the vacant areas behind blitzes?

Blitzes get home this year far more than any other year of Madden, yes, and free rushers are a legitimate thing this year. At the same time, there are simultaneously plenty of tools to protect yourself from and beat blitzes. Give em a shot.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:52 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
A few suggestions:
  • Are you using slide protection to combat against overload zone blitzes?
  • Are you identifying overload blitzes pre-snap with ID The Mike?
  • Are you keeping enough blockers in to protect against blitzes? (i.e. if the defense is sending 6 guys and you only have your 5 OLs blocking, do you hot-route your RB or TE to a blocker)
  • Are you hot-routing receivers to quick-hitting routes in the vacant areas behind blitzes?

Blitzes get home this year far more than any other year of Madden, yes, and free rushers are a legitimate thing this year. At the same time, there are simultaneously plenty of tools to protect yourself from and beat blitzes. Give em a shot.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I've been hard on Madden in the past but pass rush is nowhere near OP. The days of sending 5 and 6 guys out into patterns with no regard for QB protection is over. If you do some of the counters to pass rush mentioned above you'll have more than enough time to pass the ball.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:34 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Most of the time I'll do the Max Protect blocking, which brings in the TE and RB if they're not too far out on the line, and I will use slide protection if I see a safety/linebacker drop down.

Again with the AI, it doesn't help if the quarterback just stands there for five seconds and gets crushed.

I love using slants, but the corners almost always press my WRs at the line and their route goes way off.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 07:28 PM   #12
Rookie

Update: on one of my favorite plays, PA Slide Y in the Shotgun, my LT completely blows his block on the DE and goes to block the MLB, resulting in a strip sack. I tried to get photo evidence but the stupid "Highlights" mode wouldn't let me go back that far (it was one drive).

I gave this game a chance, from EA First Access to now. I just can't deal with the BS anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-13-2017, 07:57 PM   #13
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Missed blocks happen in the real NFL . . . Not saying it could not be tuned better, but, in my test franchise, I had no trouble avoiding sacks most of the time, and I know I am by no means a "good player" when it comes to stick skills and such.

I wil agree with others in that previous version so of Madden, if anything, give the QBs too much time in the pocket.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Missed blocks happen in the real NFL . . . Not saying it could not be tuned better, but, in my test franchise, I had no trouble avoiding sacks most of the time, and I know I am by no means a "good player" when it comes to stick skills and such.

I wil agree with others in that previous version so of Madden, if anything, give the QBs too much time in the pocket.

Oh, I'm a Miami fan; I know all about blown blocks. But when somebody looks at their assignment, bumps into them, and keeps running? C'mon, man.

[i] alright alright allllriiiiiiiight [i]
Old 09-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #15
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I've got pass blocking at 30, giving up about 2-4 sack a game as the 49ers. That feels about right to me.

I really feel like protection is tuned as well as it ever has been. Now cpu qb ai, thats another story.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 08:59 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I've got pass blocking at 30, giving up about 2-4 sack a game as the 49ers. That feels about right to me.

I really feel like protection is tuned as well as it ever has been. Now cpu qb ai, thats another story.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Agreed. I feel like on user offense this is the first Madden that I can remember where the importance of the line in pass protection mirrors real life.

After year 1 I drafted a RT rated 76 overall or something to be my starter. He has RBK at 83, 92 STR, low 80s IBL, but 73 PBK.

I wasn't worried about the low PBK at first because in past Maddens it didn't seem to matter as much.

Well after 3 games of Flacco getting hit hard I am definitely worried about it. I've had to adjust my gameplan to account for my line (Yanda is also out for the year, pretty much every game this year the right side of my line will all red when I check pass block coaching stick)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »