Home

Pass Rush is OP

This is a discussion on Pass Rush is OP within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2017, 12:58 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Pass Rush is OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
A few suggestions:
  • Are you using slide protection to combat against overload zone blitzes?
  • Are you identifying overload blitzes pre-snap with ID The Mike?
  • Are you keeping enough blockers in to protect against blitzes? (i.e. if the defense is sending 6 guys and you only have your 5 OLs blocking, do you hot-route your RB or TE to a blocker)
  • Are you hot-routing receivers to quick-hitting routes in the vacant areas behind blitzes?

Blitzes get home this year far more than any other year of Madden, yes, and free rushers are a legitimate thing this year. At the same time, there are simultaneously plenty of tools to protect yourself from and beat blitzes. Give em a shot.
This doesn't fix the USER getting 10 sacks per game against the CPU, though.

For the most part, I don't think the pass rush itself is a problem. It's that the CPU QB doesn't get rid of the ball fast enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 01:31 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Pass rush doesn't seem to be overpowered, the sacks are. I never seen a game with so many sacks that consistently has almost no pressure on the QB. Pressure is vastly under-powered, while poor QB AI allows for far too many sacks.
that's what i'm seeing too. pass rush sucks 8 times out of 10, but on those 2 plays, it's a sack 90% of the time. as a DL-only, no-switch guy, it's pretty lame.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:11 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
This is my view too. The pass rush is fine, it's the CPU AI holding the ball and taking sacks instead of getting rid of it, running, or at least moving around in the pocket.
Pass rush isn't fine, it's under powered while the sacks are too high. It's almost funny that this happens. The sacks are because of the CPU AI holding the ball too long. But the pass rush itself should be a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
that's what i'm seeing too. pass rush sucks 8 times out of 10, but on those 2 plays, it's a sack 90% of the time. as a DL-only, no-switch guy, it's pretty lame.
Yes, pass rush bad, too many sacks.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:26 PM   #28
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
This doesn't fix the USER getting 10 sacks per game against the CPU, though.

For the most part, I don't think the pass rush itself is a problem. It's that the CPU QB doesn't get rid of the ball fast enough.
Fair, and I have seen a number of instances of the CPU QB holding on to the ball way too long. I was responding to the first half of the OP's complaint about him giving up too many sacks.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:25 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im playing all pro default sliders as the browns and can confirm sacks are a problem that are making me want to turn the game off. Ive played with sliders tried a bunch from slider forum and tweaked them myself.

CPU QB AI play is the problem its broken and terrible way too many sacks.

Im in week 14 and Garrett has 22 sacks even while missing 4 games to injury.

I dont blitz or send any extra men due to this problem. My front 4 will routinely get 7-12 sacks a game with no user control play.

At times when the QB starts to move or scramble away from the DL ill take control and make my DE/DL dive in the other way as to not get another sack.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:48 PM   #30
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

The CPU will get rid of the ball faster by Raising the CPU WR CTH. Now, I haven't tested this on 18, haven't decided to buy it. By raising the Catch we may also have to raise the Coverage. Just throwing ideas out there....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »