Pass Rush is OP - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Pass Rush is OP

This is a discussion on Pass Rush is OP within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2017, 01:35 AM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2017
Pass Rush is OP

I have never thrown a game controller until I started playing Madden 18 after the mid-September patch.

I honestly tried to give this game a second chance, I really did. I tried to look past the statue QBs, the braindead DBs, and the overabundance of BS I've encountered. But I can't do this anymore. What am I talking about?

The pass rush "fix" the developers came up with.

In four games on my CFM with the Cowboys, I've given up 37 sacks. In my CFM with the Chiefs, Justin Houston has almost 20 sacks by Week 8.

This is on All-Madden with the Pass Blocking slider bumped up to 95.

I guess my question is: what else can I do? I have tried everything in the book; I even bumped down the difficulty (which got me better results; instead of giving up seven sacks, the Dallas O-line gave up five.) What more do I have to do to get an enjoyable game out of this year? I'm not putting total blame on Rex and Co.; in fact, I think if a different publisher owned the rights, they'd be better off.

So, yeah. How the hell can I get realistic games?

(BTW, my QB on my other CFM with Miami is a scrambling QB with ideal pocket presence. He gets sacked an average of four times a game.

BigSexy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 03:09 AM   #2
All Star
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Pass Rush is OP

Without any video it is impossible to for me to know how to help you, but my best guess? Get the ball out at the top of your drop.

I'm actually loving the realistic time to pass. I have a bad pass protecting line and if my second read is not open, I have to dump it off.

Completing a 5 step drop and then hanging around waiting for guys to get open will lead to sacks.

To save both of us time, I fully expect you to reply that you do try to get the ball out quickly, to which I'll respond that without video I cannot help you because I don't experience this.
ggsimmonds is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:26 AM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2017
Re: Pass Rush is OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Without any video it is impossible to for me to know how to help you, but my best guess? Get the ball out at the top of your drop.

I'm actually loving the realistic time to pass. I have a bad pass protecting line and if my second read is not open, I have to dump it off.

Completing a 5 step drop and then hanging around waiting for guys to get open will lead to sacks.

To save both of us time, I fully expect you to reply that you do try to get the ball out quickly, to which I'll respond that without video I cannot help you because I don't experience this.


I'm playing as a WR for Baltimore; Pass Block has been bumped up to 100 and I still have 5-7 sacks a game. I noticed that putting it at 100 means that the QBs play more like themselves, but on the negative, there's a lot more holding (which makes sense, but it happens every other play). I'm beside myself as to what to do here.

When I play QB on my other CFM, I don't have a problem. But I will certainly keep the tips about the dropbacks in mind.
BigSexy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:36 AM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2017
Re: Pass Rush is OP

Update: with pass blocking still at 100, I made a CFM with the Cowboys as a WR just to see how it would be.

Twelve sacks. Twelve sacks. It's not the blocking itself, it's the completely broken quarterback AI. This game is just bad.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
BigSexy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:40 AM   #5
All Star
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Pass Rush is OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSexy
I'm playing as a WR for Baltimore; Pass Block has been bumped up to 100 and I still have 5-7 sacks a game. I noticed that putting it at 100 means that the QBs play more like themselves, but on the negative, there's a lot more holding (which makes sense, but it happens every other play). I'm beside myself as to what to do here.

When I play QB on my other CFM, I don't have a problem. But I will certainly keep the tips about the dropbacks in mind.
How many CFMs do you have going lol?

On the other side of the ball, this sounds goofy but the higher you have AI pass blocking, the more sacks you may get. No, the slider is not reversed, but if it is too high you will see more statue QB at higher slider values. This leads to one of 2 things: a coverage sack or a maddening 30 yard completion when the WRs start running toward the QB.

Try lowering the AI slider to default or less. That way when you blitz the QB gets scared and reacts to the blitz. When it is high, it gets picked up and he ignores it.

It doesn't remove the issue, but it alleviates it a good bit.
ggsimmonds is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:46 AM   #6
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Pass Rush is OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSexy
I have never thrown a game controller until I started playing Madden 18 after the mid-September patch.

I honestly tried to give this game a second chance, I really did. I tried to look past the statue QBs, the braindead DBs, and the overabundance of BS I've encountered. But I can't do this anymore. What am I talking about?

The pass rush "fix" the developers came up with.

In four games on my CFM with the Cowboys, I've given up 37 sacks. In my CFM with the Chiefs, Justin Houston has almost 20 sacks by Week 8.

This is on All-Madden with the Pass Blocking slider bumped up to 95.

I guess my question is: what else can I do? I have tried everything in the book; I even bumped down the difficulty (which got me better results; instead of giving up seven sacks, the Dallas O-line gave up five.) What more do I have to do to get an enjoyable game out of this year? I'm not putting total blame on Rex and Co.; in fact, I think if a different publisher owned the rights, they'd be better off.

So, yeah. How the hell can I get realistic games?

(BTW, my QB on my other CFM with Miami is a scrambling QB with ideal pocket presence. He gets sacked an average of four times a game.

NFL stats for time from snap to sack is about 2.3 to 4 seconds.


https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...-time-to-throw

My suggestion: learn how to play quarterback right. I don't have this problem, and I play with the 49ers, with their horrid pass blocking line. Read the defense faster, move in the pocket better, adjust your protection, and get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds like a real NFL QB does.



EDIT- if you're not playing QB, and are playing WR instead, then the problem is CPU QB AI, not pass rush. But the pass rush has always been way UNDER powered in Madden. The way they have it now is closer to realistic. QBs don't get sacked as much in real life because they move in the pocket and get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds on average. In 2012, Tom Brady got rid of the ball in about 2.49 seconds. The worst QB at doing that in 2012, Russell Wilson, got rid of the ball in 3.14 seconds, and he has his time inflated by scrambling around so much. So yeah. Pass rush isn't the problem. QB AI is, if anything.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 09-13-2017 at 04:51 AM.
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:54 PM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2017
Re: Pass Rush is OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞

NFL stats for time from snap to sack is about 2.3 to 4 seconds.


https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...-time-to-throw

My suggestion: learn how to play quarterback right. I don't have this problem, and I play with the 49ers, with their horrid pass blocking line. Read the defense faster, move in the pocket better, adjust your protection, and get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds like a real NFL QB does.



EDIT- if you're not playing QB, and are playing WR instead, then the problem is CPU QB AI, not pass rush. But the pass rush has always been way UNDER powered in Madden. The way they have it now is closer to realistic. QBs don't get sacked as much in real life because they move in the pocket and get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds on average. In 2012, Tom Brady got rid of the ball in about 2.49 seconds. The worst QB at doing that in 2012, Russell Wilson, got rid of the ball in 3.14 seconds, and he has his time inflated by scrambling around so much. So yeah. Pass rush isn't the problem. QB AI is, if anything.


I always felt the pass rush was balanced in previous titles; I think with the way the blocking has been tweaked differently, maybe this is a rough patch for Madden, at least it is IMO. That being said, is there anyway to improve the QB AI? I've tried sliders and traits adjusting but to no avail.
BigSexy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:22 PM   #8
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2010
Re: Pass Rush is OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSexy
I always felt the pass rush was balanced in previous titles; I think with the way the blocking has been tweaked differently, maybe this is a rough patch for Madden, at least it is IMO. That being said, is there anyway to improve the QB AI? I've tried sliders and traits adjusting but to no avail.
Pass rush was NOT balanced in other titles, it always gave way too long to pass. Now it's more normal, though in our online CFM we are tweaking sliders because there still aren't quite enough sacks. I've only taken 2 through 3 games as the Jets, with a bad OLine. I have 15 on the defensive side, but that's a direct result of the opponents holding on to the ball FAR too long, many of them are 5+ seconds after the snap.
phantomshark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.

Top -