Home

Madden 18 and HDR

This is a discussion on Madden 18 and HDR within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2017, 07:16 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 and HDR

And for the record, the same thing happens on NBA 2K18, although less drastic.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 6

The best picture I've achieved on my ks8500 with ps4 pro is to set dynamic contrast to high, and up the in game constrast by one. The default settings without dynamic contrast look terrible, but I've yet to find an HDR game that didn't need DC cranked all the way up to look good.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:53 PM   #91
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallidevils
Every time a new game comes, out, people complain about HDR. I think it's mostly in the expectations. The only game I know of where HDR was truly busted was this year's MLB The Show. I think the 'realism' that HDR adds is not what people are expecting. I personally prefer a visual look that is more saturated and brighter lights than what would be considered realistic.

People on AVS forums go nuts over HDR but to be totally frank I think a lot of it is psychological. The differences in most HDR content are very subtle. There have been a lot of times that I didn't even know if content was HDR until I compared it with non HDR version.
I compare nba 2k18 in HDR and Madden, and it's not even close. I can't disagree more about it being psychological... Nba 2k18's colors look amazing, Madden is washed out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #92
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
I compare nba 2k18 in HDR and Madden, and it's not even close. I can't disagree more about it being psychological... Nba 2k18's colors look amazing, Madden is washed out.
The colors are in no way washed out. But each to their own.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:55 PM   #93
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49UNCFan
I understand the whole you can see HDR from a pic but it is the best way currently to try to distinguish the two.
This is Madden running in HDR Standard or Bright all I'm asking for is for me to be able to achieve this look on HDR Game Mode without sacrificing detail.

You know that LG (I think that's what you have) makes game mode darker in HDR, right? Rtings.com says they did that by design. I ended up staying in game mode because the input lag is so much better.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #94
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
The colors are in no way washed out. But each to their own.
When NON HDR looks better than HDR, we have a problem.. I'm not the only person saying this, but like you said: to each, their own.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:20 PM   #95
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFear
Ok. Dareal's pic looks good. I have a pretty high end Samsung ks8500, basically set in torch mode and still the greens in the field don't look anything like that pic. I tried different picture modes etc and nothing. For this particular game I did set Contrast and Brightness in the in game settings to "Highest" and it makes a slight difference from "Default". Slightly more vibrant and I'm happy with that. My field under those settings @ Pit, 1pm, clear look somewhere between both of your pics you've posted.

Also, I even Googled Madden 18 graphics and looked at all the images released by EA leading up to release and not a single field is that green, including Pit. I also looked back at the Photographic thread here on OS and not a single one of those stunning pics has a field that green.

So in conclusion, considering DaReals pic was taken off screen, I just believe it was the camera used that has it appear that green. Unless there is something to it...
I don't know if this has been answered but the field isn't supposed to be that green. You can turn the In game contrast to highest and your tv's dynamic constrast all the way up and you'll get an overly saturated picture.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 08:33 PM   #96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig

I'm talking about well calibrated HDR vs well calibrated SDR. Watch something from the YouTube hdr channel on an HDR source and then an SDR source. Sure it looks better but not by a lot

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »