Home

Madden 19 Wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-27-2017, 09:47 PM   #25
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 Wishlist

For the 12th straight year on my personal wishlist: new PA Announcer.

The guy has gotten so stale and doesn't even say anyone's name anymore because he's so outdated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 10:11 PM   #26
Xbox Series X

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Keep the game play as it stands, exactly the same, then, expand it forward.

No steps back sorta speak.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:47 AM   #27
Rookie

I want a full coaching staff in cfm, as a Head coach I want to be able to sign an OC, DC, as well as a qb coach, oline coach, LB coach and have them progress and see other teams sign them away. I think it would add an extra layer of story and dept to CFM. Also if a player retires they can come back as a position coach and maybe become a head coach for another team eventually.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:27 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
Get rid of XP!
This, especially for a Player Career mode. FIFA does progression great in my opinion, you slowly increase attributes based on certain milestones for example how many yards ran..passes completed etc.

Get 5 completed short passes in a game? +1 to short pass accuracy etc. In current player mode you can sim preseason and end up with 4-5k experience, and go from an 82 to 87 with a few upgrades.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:11 PM   #29
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayerMode
This, especially for a Player Career mode. FIFA does progression great in my opinion, you slowly increase attributes based on certain milestones for example how many yards ran..passes completed etc.

Get 5 completed short passes in a game? +1 to short pass accuracy etc. In current player mode you can sim preseason and end up with 4-5k experience, and go from an 82 to 87 with a few upgrades.

This encourages spamming/stat padding to achieve development

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 11-29-2017, 10:04 PM   #30
Rookie

Off the top of my head, would like a more in-depth look into the playoffs and buy that I mean whos in, who is out, what are the scenarios needed for certain teams to make it, does a team control its destiny or do they have to count on help to make the playoffs teams that have been mathematically eliminated. Also can we get a real power ranking that is updated weekly, and for the love of GOD could we please get out of game substitution(CFM)!! I could make monster defenses playbook if this game had it, but I refuse to keep doing it over and over every new game. Also could we please change practice mode. By now we should be able to pick only running plays or pass plays if we wanted to. NCAA Football had the right idea when they let us run random plays out of formations we chose. I would LOVE to see a new 7 on 7 practice mode just Wrs vs Dbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2017, 01:26 AM   #31
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Areas of improvement:

Gameplay-
-(Re)Introduce realistic penalties: obviously re-enable Defensive Holding, but also add Illegal Hands to the Face, 12 Men on the Field/In the Huddle (even if some of them are just "random events" like the off-ball injuries this year), and make the AI controlled players commit a realistic number of penalties that are already in the game (i.e. OPI, RtP, RtK, Unnecessary Roughness, etc.)
-Add "snapper" and a "long snapper" rating/skill, and create a a slight chance of a bobbled/muffed/fumbled snap based on that skill.
-Give AI QBs "personality" at the line of scrimmage, so that, at least the better ones, are more prone to audible out of bad plays, etc.
-Make no huddle work realistically (i.e. players should be jogging, not sprinting to the line of scrimmage, at least if they are not full green on the fatigue bar). Real NFL teams cannot complete 8-10 passes in under 2 min the way both humans an AI teams can in Madden.
-Also, allow normal clock runoff to work even inside of 2 min, when enabeld (plays do not come into the huddle faster just because you are inside the 2 min warning).
-Make Head Coaches (and, if introduced, OCs, DCs, and position coaches) have specific effects (both positive and negative) on player ratings based on their skill and coaching style, in addition to the playbooks and Offense and Defense "styles" they already have. Given that it is doubtful anyone could program an accurate representation of Bill Belichick, for example, this is probably the best way to represent the effect a good (or bad) coaching philosophy has on a team (and would give more incentive for hiring and firing coaches in CFM Owner mode).
-Include a realistic playbook and game plan for the AI teams by default (i.e. with realistic percentages of various types of runs and passes, and not a bunch of 4-Verts), and test the playbook for plays the AI cannot run successfully (either removing those plays, or fixing the AI).
-Allow playbooks, gameplans, and coaches to be edited as part of a roster.
-Allow players to change the playbook of the AI team in CFM (at least in offline).
-Add a sideline reporter with injury updates.
-Add cheerleaders to the sidelines (for teams that have them, of course), as well as other team-specific sideline "characters" (such as the "Patriot Militia" for New England).

Rosters-
-Make the Play Now and CFM games use the 46-man active roster, rather than the 53 man roster (obviously, with the option to set the 46 man roster from the 53 man prior to starting the game, sort of like you can set the lineup MLB games).
-Make the roster ratings based more on the players overall career (both NFL and, where applicable, NCAA), and less on the immediately preceding season.

New Game Modes-
-Add the old "tournament" mode from the old gen consoles, for when people are playing together with friends and family.

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 11-30-2017 at 01:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 04:18 AM   #32
Rookie

How about fixing the winds outrageous effect on punts and kickoffs?
And weather that actually fits the field it's being played on? I play exclusively as the Packers, and RARELY do I see snow games...it's ridiculous.
A REAL halftime, end of game, and weekly wrap-up show? Show highlights from other games, show pertinent stats and the playoff chase.
A completely different atmosphere depending where you're playing, and how important the game is. I'm so bored with the exact same presentation elements in every single game except the super bowl.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »