Home

What would you pay for as DLC in Madden?

This is a discussion on What would you pay for as DLC in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2017, 11:35 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
What would you pay for as DLC in Madden?

We all know games are chasing after market sales more than ever. What started out as a nice way for low budget producers of phone apps that gave their product away free to make some money has at this time taken over AAA gaming.

I am interestd in knowing what you would spend extra money on and how many other people agree with you. Please only like those ideas posted if you would open your wallet for them. This way we can see if it our own little fantasy or if their is actually demand for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 11:43 AM   #2
MVP

Re: What would you pay for as DLC in Madden?

My first idea is specific coach schemes instituted with the actual coach's input. The mike ditka defense for example where ea would bring him in and work with him. The coach would decide which plays were in his playbook and how they would be rated for situations. Overalls would be determined by what that coach looks for at each position. In schemes it would show what the positions are by what they are in that scheme. I could imagine paying ten bucks to run the ditka or labeau defense or the mike matrtz or mcarthy offense if it was implemented to feel real.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:24 PM   #3
Rookie

I'd pay for historic teams, but I don't think they can afford to license enough players to make that workable. It's easy for the NBA games where they only need to get like seven guys for a team, but NFL teams you've got 22 starters and then another 10 or so key backups who play a lot. 30+ players per team is a lot even if you're filling in with generic players as backups.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:26 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior
I'd pay for historic teams, but I don't think they can afford to license enough players to make that workable. It's easy for the NBA games where they only need to get like seven guys for a team, but NFL teams you've got 22 starters and then another 10 or so key backups who play a lot. 30+ players per team is a lot even if you're filling in with generic players as backups.
Yep. Former players would have to have a union first that could bargain the rigbts as a group.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #5
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
All decades teams would be a bit more manageable on their end as far as licensing. Legends that you can take into franchise mode is overdue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 03:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
They should be covered under the NFLPA hence the reason players from the past appear in Ultimate Team.

I'd happily pay for a classic season. All the teams and stadiums from a certain year.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:07 PM   #7
MVP

Toupal's Arena

I would hate to... but I still would pay for franchise mode features like custom draft classes etc etc etc...
Old 09-23-2017, 05:53 PM   #8
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Realistically, I would probably be willing to pay a little extra for anything that made the franchise mode more realistic. I would not be happy with it, and definitely not interested in paying a significant amount of money, but that is the mode I bought the game to play.

Anything else, I probably would not be interested.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »