Home

Can anyone stop CPU on All-Madden

This is a discussion on Can anyone stop CPU on All-Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2017, 10:53 PM   #9
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Can anyone stop CPU on All-Madden

I'm still in that struggle spot. I dropped down from an All-Pro sliders set to default All-Pro and had some competitive games but I'm still able to will myself past the CPU to win almost 90% of the time. But I tried upping to All-Madden slow game speed and got the exact reverse effect. Cardinals-Cowboys. I was Dallas. I got absolutely flattened by Arizona and Carson Palmer turned into the USC version of himself and completed 95% of his passes. In 20 games on All-Madden I've lost all but 2 games. In 20 games on All-Pro within CFM at least I've only lost 6. Mind you this is with the Rams with respect to CFM. If anyone has found a sweet spot between the two extremes without straying too far from default let me know. I think my 2 choices are either:

1. Play All-Pro with house rules and play to the imagination in my head that teams can breakout suddenly and become powerhouses for years on end due to an improving young QB (e.g. Seattle).

2. Play All-Madden while testing on play now, learn to put up with the cheese, and hope to eventually learn how to win.

Option 2 is looking more attractive right now but it makes some really awful things happen in the game like having absolutely no effective run game. I wonder if there's something the devs can do about this. Even expanding CPU playcall variety and improving their blocking would be a massive improvement. The CPU actually plays pretty decent on defense.
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 09-24-2017, 11:49 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
I'm still in that struggle spot. I dropped down from an All-Pro sliders set to default All-Pro and had some competitive games but I'm still able to will myself past the CPU to win almost 90% of the time. But I tried upping to All-Madden slow game speed and got the exact reverse effect. Cardinals-Cowboys. I was Dallas. I got absolutely flattened by Arizona and Carson Palmer turned into the USC version of himself and completed 95% of his passes. In 20 games on All-Madden I've lost all but 2 games. In 20 games on All-Pro within CFM at least I've only lost 6. Mind you this is with the Rams with respect to CFM. If anyone has found a sweet spot between the two extremes without straying too far from default let me know. I think my 2 choices are either:

1. Play All-Pro with house rules and play to the imagination in my head that teams can breakout suddenly and become powerhouses for years on end due to an improving young QB (e.g. Seattle).

2. Play All-Madden while testing on play now, learn to put up with the cheese, and hope to eventually learn how to win.

Option 2 is looking more attractive right now but it makes some really awful things happen in the game like having absolutely no effective run game. I wonder if there's something the devs can do about this. Even expanding CPU playcall variety and improving their blocking would be a massive improvement. The CPU actually plays pretty decent on defense.
Keep in mind, that, for whatever reason, Play Now, and Franchise seem to play an entirely DIFFERENT game. It is not uncommon to do play now, and seem to have a slider set locked in, only to get into franchise mode, and have the game be either too easy, or to hard, and have to start from scratch.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:06 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Honestly this year in Madden I think they ruined the All-Madden difficulty in past Madden's beatings the CPU wasn't impossible but this year it's unbearable. I don't even have enough time or patience to explain all the CPU glitches that occurr I've got a YouTube channel with four vids showcasing a glimpse of the CPU cheese. Check them out Mr.JacksonActionthatis it's terrible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 07:26 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 14

One huge problem on All Madden I see is the unrealistic reaction response from CPU defenders. On every single pass play you can see through replay how defenders react on the instant a button is pressed.

These are defenders that aren't even assigned to who you're targeting to pass. I've seen in man coverage three CPU defenders react to the instant press of the button to defend a pass to a receiver. In addition to that, many LBs are able to cover too much ground and end up with the ability to cover multiple offensive guys at once. Not realistic.

Then there are the spectacular drops (I call them). In certain situations you already know that the receiver will drop the ball no matter how open.

Collision detection when running the ball is horrible and triggers the slowdown or stumble animation if you are within 5 ft of an offensive lineman.

CPU defensive lineman shed blocks instantly at the LOS to consistently stop you for 0-2 yard gains. The majority of the time you are flattened with a tackle animation that takes you straight down to the ground without regard to how fast you hit the hole, or how big your back is.

Suction tackles/blocks abound.

Too many to continue listing.

You basically spend 80% of your time fighting through BS, and 20% trying to find plays to get over on the CPU with. There is no chess match playing here.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:18 PM   #13
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
One huge problem on All Madden I see is the unrealistic reaction response from CPU defenders. On every single pass play you can see through replay how defenders react on the instant a button is pressed.

These are defenders that aren't even assigned to who you're targeting to pass. I've seen in man coverage three CPU defenders react to the instant press of the button to defend a pass to a receiver. In addition to that, many LBs are able to cover too much ground and end up with the ability to cover multiple offensive guys at once. Not realistic.

Then there are the spectacular drops (I call them). In certain situations you already know that the receiver will drop the ball no matter how open.

Collision detection when running the ball is horrible and triggers the slowdown or stumble animation if you are within 5 ft of an offensive lineman.

CPU defensive lineman shed blocks instantly at the LOS to consistently stop you for 0-2 yard gains. The majority of the time you are flattened with a tackle animation that takes you straight down to the ground without regard to how fast you hit the hole, or how big your back is.

Suction tackles/blocks abound.

Too many to continue listing.

You basically spend 80% of your time fighting through BS, and 20% trying to find plays to get over on the CPU with. There is no chess match playing here.

This is exactly the problem I'm seeing on All-Madden. Reaction time goes from slow to superhuman.
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 09-25-2017, 03:17 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes and No, I'm more streaky and inconsistent than anything.

I'll have Aaron Rodgers throw 3 picks (2 pick 6's) and I'll get 7 sacks in a single game.

Then

Josh McCown will go 35/40 500 yards 6 TD's on me.

I honestly think that the CPU purposely rigs itself on All Madden sometimes. Some of the throws that these below average QB's make on All Madden is just absurd occasionally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »