Home

Can anyone stop CPU on All-Madden

This is a discussion on Can anyone stop CPU on All-Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2017, 02:34 PM   #1
Rookie

miamifan1997's Arena

OVR: 8
Can anyone stop CPU on All-Madden

This is not for MUT or Solo Challenges. Me and a few buddies play online CFM and are in year 2. In the past few Maddens, we have always played on All-Madden but it hasn't been impossible to stop the CPU.

Basically, if I user an LB, they throw to WR1 or WR2. If I user DB's, they throw to TE or run it. If I user the DL, the QB just throws. There are also many times I am bringing 4-5 guys up front and the CPU gets 7-10 seconds to stand in the pocket before throwing to a WR coming back from the end of his route.

Does anyone have general strategy? I looked up things on Madden School, but almost all of their plays aren't designed for All-Madden. I've tried 4-3, 3-4, just nothing seems to help.
NHL - Bruins
NCAAF and NCAAB - UCF!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 05:30 PM   #2
Rookie

steve115658's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Can anyone stop CPU on All-Madden

Yeah it's super rough without sliders. People on here seem to get great results with sliders but I just hate using them. I've had the most success on defense running heavy zone blitzes with hard flats on the field and hope the quarterback gets the ball out quick and makes a mistake to the flat or my user linebacker.

Matching formations is way more important this year than past years, you can't just sit in a nickel if they are in I-form or a 4-3 vs 3 wide receivers
Season 3: 16-3 Super Bowl Champions
Minnesota Vikings
Season 4: Coming soon
Old 09-23-2017, 05:55 PM   #3
Rookie

miamifan1997's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah we are the same way, sliders feels like you "cheating". I mean, I know madden CPU already cheats on All-Madden lol, but it just doesn't feel right to cheat back.

I have heard mixing up zone and man is big too, I usually run 80% zone on Madden so I think I need to equal it out to 50-50 or 60-40.
NHL - Bruins
NCAAF and NCAAB - UCF!!!
Old 09-23-2017, 06:04 PM   #4
Rookie

steve115658's Arena

It really depends on personnel, I'm using the Jets ATM so I run very little man but if you have the corners to do it man blitz is great. The computer cheating is definitely heavy this year, I'm 100 percent sure this year they know your play call and if you deviate at all with your user from his assignment they will burn your vacated area, for this reason I like to user a guy who was assigned to blitz and hot route him into a hook zone that's already occupied. It takes a Blitzer away but you can truly free roam
Minnesota Vikings
Old 09-23-2017, 06:06 PM   #5
Rookie

steve115658's Arena

Also a slider change I made (and then undid because it still felt like cheating lol) that seemed to help was to drop the cpu pass accuracy to 30. To make it fair-ish I also dropped my accuracy to 30 but it still felt wrong
Minnesota Vikings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 11:16 PM   #6
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Something that helped me for almost a whole season of CFM was Armor & Sword's All-Pro sliders. They are not too far from default so it feels pretty true to ratings. Although unfortunately year 2 of my Rams CFM I've been destroying teams so I'm looking for something else. I've done some All-Madden testing in on slow game speed in play now and it still feels wrong. Bad teams beating up on good teams simply because the AI gets a boost. My biggest question with the game this year is this:

WHY. WHY. WHY. WHY. WHY is there such a drastic uptick in difficulty between All-Pro and All-Madden??? It's absolutely insane. It almost makes the game broken. This is the most frustrated I've been with this in a Madden game in quite a long time which is an absolute shame because when the game does play well it is my favorite Madden to date.
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 09-24-2017, 02:58 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

I'm having the same issue. CPU QBs nearly going perfect the entire game, stretch plays that are nearly unstoppable, user team receivers dropping passes all of the time, etc. I've tried changing my coach adjustments, I mix my playcalls up on offense and defense, yet nothing seems to help. I love the fact of having a difficult AI, just don't make it cheap. I've tried dropping it down to all-pro, but I end up winning every game against the CPU. I hate messing with sliders as well. Once you go down that path, you end up constantly adjusting. If they could just tone down the CPU blocking on all-madden, I think that would alleviate a majority of the issues.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:53 AM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifan1997
This is not for MUT or Solo Challenges. Me and a few buddies play online CFM and are in year 2. In the past few Maddens, we have always played on All-Madden but it hasn't been impossible to stop the CPU.

Basically, if I user an LB, they throw to WR1 or WR2. If I user DB's, they throw to TE or run it. If I user the DL, the QB just throws. There are also many times I am bringing 4-5 guys up front and the CPU gets 7-10 seconds to stand in the pocket before throwing to a WR coming back from the end of his route.

Does anyone have general strategy? I looked up things on Madden School, but almost all of their plays aren't designed for All-Madden. I've tried 4-3, 3-4, just nothing seems to help.
I run a lot of Cover 3 vs the CPU on All Madden, and most of my success has been playing the curl-flats. I lay off enough to discourage the deep corner, but am ready to instantly bolt toward the flat. It works pretty well, as I am often able to bait the QB into throwing short and then run up and make the tackle, but I often miss passes more in the middle of the field.

That or I play weakside defensive end and pass rush.

Anyway, you've got to make sure your defense is in position to defend the run, because they will toast you on All Madden. For example, if I'm playing the curl flat in cover 3 and they line up with 3 WRs to my side, I WON'T line up over the slot WR. Instead, I'll play near the line and then run that way at the snap, so that I'm in position to help with the run.

EDIT- oh yeah, I should also mention I play in the defensive camera mode exclusively.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »