Home

Madden 18 Update (Or Madden 19) Wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Update (Or Madden 19) Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2017, 06:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation Madden 18 Update (Or Madden 19) Wishlist

Some of this may have already been incorpo0rated into Madden 18 in some (Other) form If so, GREAT but if not, I'll go ahead & repost this post since it was originally posted in the wrong spot & it at least gives EA some ideas for a major Madden 18 update (If not features to add in Madden 19 when it comes out next year)

With that out of the way, here it goes.....

=====================

What I'd like to see in Madden 18 is

* The One-Button Touch kicking for punting & kicking that was in NCAA Football 14 (With the existing slider scheme, we can make it whereas PATs & FGs aren't so "Automagic" & punts don't go always into the end zone (The latter needs even more tightening)

* Addition of NFL Combine & NFL Draft to CFM CAREER Mode

* COMPLETE SEPERATION of Owner Mode & Career Mode in Offline CFM (The latter could be called CONNECTED CAREER whereas you play as either a player or coach)

* Addition of Offensive & Defensive Coordinator positions to the new Connected Career mode (CCM)

(You had it in NCAA Football 14 Dynasty mode)

* Make the INTENTIONAL GROUNDING penalty SLIDER DEPENDENT rather than just on or off (I can't count the number of times I've seen passes which would get such a call IRL either in the NFL or college levels NOT get one in Madden 17)

* Add an EASNFL mode that's similar to EASNHL in the NHL franchise (I think I've heard something like this has been added, but if not, the request bears repeating anyway )

* In Career Mode, PLEASE either make the XP needed to upgrade (Or downgrade, depending on how you wanna look at it ) a created player's risk of injury SO HIGH that it's NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE to do so (Like somewhere in the SIX figures) OR PERMANTANLY GREY IT OUT ALTOGETHER whereas it CANNOT be upgraded/downgraded after player creation (As it is now, my Seahawks HB is LITERALLY INDESTRUCTABLE as he's MAXED OUT in this area while my Broncos QB is not far behind at 97 (I don't EVER plan to upgrade/downgrade it from there)

I'm one who firmly believes that EVEN CREATED PLAYERS should ALWAYS have a risk of injury (Even if it's a slight one)

Bottom line - INJURIES HAPPEN !!! It's a part of life (And football players are FAR from immune)

* Addition of OFF THE FIELD EVENTS in Career (And even Owner) modes. This is where certain situations can arise & gamers are given responses in a multiple choice format with the responses ranging from the most appropriate to the most insanely ridiculous

After the choice is made, a summary reaction of the choice made is given by the game with a summary of feedback from fans, teammates, management, media & family

I might add this is something you had in NHL 15 in Be A Pro mode (Dunno about NHL 16 as I never had that game, maybe someone can chime in here if it was in there too ??)

Either way, it would be a GREAT thing for Madden

* Make the ability to challenge THE SPOTTING OF THE BALL possible (Just yesterday, I was playing with my Broncos QB & in a game vs. the Dallas Cowboys, there was a play where C.J. Anderson could CLEARLY be seen (On the EA broadcast replay) as making the first down on a 3rd down play as THE BALL BROKE THE PLANE OF THE FIRST DOWN LINE yet the officials said he was short of the first down & therefore it was 4th down)

And because the ability to challenge the spot of the ball was NOT programmed into Madden 17, the CPU-controlled Coach Gary Kubiak couldn't throw the challenge flag (Thus resulting in a punt)

Lastly, there's this one (And this one is probably the best one of them all).....

* COMPLETELY SEPERATE Madden Ultimate Team & Madden Draft Champions from THE REST of Madden. By that, I mean mean combine Madden Ultimate Team & Draft Champions into a SEPERATE Madden game

This way, Madden Ultimate Team & Draft Champions can have one devoted dev team while the rest of Madden can have another

With the demand for MUT & DC as high as they are (Not to mention all the outside $$$ they generate from eSports organizations), I can't see these two modes being lumped in with the rest of Madden with only ONE dev team for ALL of Madden for very much longer

As for SELLING the two Madden games - They can be sold as a bundle for $99.99 for both or individually for $59.99 for either one. This way, EA makes $$$ & WE get EVEN BETTER games whereas A LOT of our wishes (And maybe some things we hadn't even thought of yet ) can be added quicker

It'd also make better sense in the long run from a technological standpoint too as game technology continues to evolve

Any chance of making ANY of these things happen ?? (I know it's a lot )

Cheers

BP

========================

Perhaps we can sticky this guys ?? (If this is the wrong place, PLEASE move it into the correct thread rather than remove it. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »